Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1033771 times)

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #3810: February 26, 2014, 08:33:15 PM »
The splinter religions will be bland. They always are. They won't have the critical mass needed to spark any interest, and even if their founder really really wants to do something interesting, it'll just wear them off. They'll also never become meaningful. Just got a report myself of Fulco getting beaten up by preaching unitary astroism in his own realm... how does he expect to convert regions with temples and so many followers to SA? If it's gonna happen, it's going to take forever.

Whoa there guy, shots fired. Kidding. Whether or not a splinter religion is bland depends on who's judging it. I know several people who find the current SA splinter religions incredibly interesting, while others most certainly do not. So long as the number of people interested exceeds 0, interest has been sparked, despite how insignificant one might find that in the grand scheme of things. A collection of small events eventually culminate into larger events, so who knows what lies waiting for us in the future? If this game was solely about invoking large, widespread events (stating that said events were the only interesting ones,) I would have abandoned it within the first week of playing. For me personally, the gigantic, seemingly impossible, uphill battle against SA is what makes the splinter religions fun and interesting; the massive potential they garner cannot be ignored, even in the face of insurmountable odds. I believe this because challenge, struggle and adversity are the primary sources of entertainment in this game, thus the "Battle" in "BattleMaster."

If it takes forever to develop and spread splinter religions, that's fine. If the splinter religions are crushed, that's also fine. Both of these situations inevitably involve some sort of roleplay and effort. It's about the journey, not the destination. Come on, Chénier, try to be more positive once in a while. ;)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 02:00:39 AM by Arundel »
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus