Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1031253 times)

Gustav Kuriga

Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #3825: February 27, 2014, 06:13:52 AM »
Even now I don't regret the decision to delete the character because it was much better than trying to muddle through an incomplete game system made broken by what I still consider a rather crummy attitude on the part of some people. The "winning" attitude, which has in this thread reared its head whenever the "winners" talk about the "losers;" in your case, painting them as rage-quitters gnashing their teeth who were just looking for excuses to stop playing; it's been described by someone else as "getting outplayed," and so forth. This is just not how I see the game, and I would rather 'quit' by deleting the character than go along with situations that, if the religion game had been completed (to the extend that the dev team would consider complete, taking into account the unprecedented size and scope of a religion like SA), or if certain mechanics hadn't been played to the near total exclusion of role playing, wouldn't have happened because they are unrealistic, implausible, and frankly kind of stupid. But I've tried explaining this before and it's just not sunk in with anybody so, eh, whatever.

Dude, I'm not a winner and I find the whole situation the "losers" have made this out to be as stupid. He did roleplay, and if he didn't do it to the degree where he would have no chance of pulling it off, well !@#$ing tough. Stop whinging about the whole thing and move on. It's you people who are making this to be much bigger than it really is, and won't treat this like the free game it is.