Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1028063 times)

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #3825: February 27, 2014, 07:09:17 AM »
And this just went to prove to everyone that investing yourselves in religions is simply a dumb thing to do.

You might be right in certain cases. Personally, I don't play the game to feel intelligent, or make responsible and logical choices - those are the pressures of real life. Instead, I play the game to have fun, and dumb decisions are often a part of that pursuit. For instance, when Alice was still live, she decided to go to war with Morek because of her ego. Extremely stupid, considering the ramifications (religious and secular,) yet so incredibly fun. Or when my character Caspius arbitrarily 'slaughtered' his own peasants because they were of a different religion. It later got him excommunicated, and subsequently killed. Still, incredibly fun, and the religion he was a part of seemed to really enjoy that entire situation, from what I can gather.

May all the characters who've made dumb decisions in Battlemaster never be forgotten!
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus