Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1027469 times)

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #3825: February 28, 2014, 02:22:24 AM »
Good to see there are other players out there feeling the same. The people who rage-quit recently are the powergamers of BM, only happy when they are winning or on top. When real hardship comes they all leave with poor excuses. BM is an awesome game for all its faults and no matter what happens some of us will roll with the punches and use that to develop our characters.

It's funny, all this talk of winning...like there is a tangible scale to the game. I had Enoch at the top of the church, the good graces and open embrace of almost all of SA. You know what I sold it for? New contacts to smooze and SA's enemies good graces. Do you think Jonsu could offer more than the theocracies? My win was a restart. A dramatic restart, yes, but I felt like that was my due.

The quest for power is where it's at. Jonsu's player appreciated it, quite a few I've seen appreciate it. Enoch could have spent several more years shifting through Consul and Luminary and whatnot, but the game had run it's course. Someone with malicious intent had control. I still wish there were more of a struggle to regain legitimacy, but the church looks like it is back to its own volition (at least the main hall). Enoch gets to start over, Jonsu got a chance at supreme power, Helm gets to patch the 'loony regent' hole, heathens get to laugh at the debacle, and everyone wins..except the people who got their feelings hurt, I suppose.
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)