Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1033690 times)

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #3855: April 12, 2014, 12:48:43 AM »
I was doing things for SA before your little circus. So was Hireshmont, Rabisu, and others that left. Sermons? Maybe not. But you seem to assume that reality limits itself to what you see. It's not because we weren't making things public to your agents and yourself that we weren't doing anything. Then you came and had a huge dump on it all.

I probably saw more than most, and even I would still say the backroom efforts were lackluster. Everyone else was doing what I was doing. Using SA as a tool for their character and was content rotating the same leadership around.

Even if you and every other Elder were working behind Enoch's back, SA was still lost. Founder lost, crusade after crusade lost, holy sites and theocracies to go in the future. I'm glad Stabbity stepped down after the majority of people had a chance to draw lines in the sand, but stagnation in the elder council is/wasn't even the beginning of SA's problems. SA was ineffectual.

I'm sure many characters long for the day when SA could bat an eyelash and people would tow the line, but it was all a bluff. SA can't project power. All effort has to go to keeping the status-quot, or it all falls in on itself. For long stretches of time, that status-quot was discouraging conflict so the bluff was never tested.
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)