Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1030779 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #4125: October 19, 2014, 05:20:07 PM »
Every. Single. Faithful. has publicly opposed Alaster.

Then they should all leave, and start a competing religion en masse.

If the game won't handle schisms or give us tools to get rid of usurpers, then that's not the players' fault.

Well, I've had plans for it for years, but I just haven't had time. Sorry.

That doesn't give you license to abuse game mechanics.

Enoch did not believe in SA. He was one of those, what do you call them again, spiritualists? He ran for leadership of SA, then put in the most hated heretic just to bring it down.

That's a political struggle. That's frustrating, and ugly, but as far as the rules are concerned, fine. There's a fundamental difference between that and abusing the mechanics of a priest to deliberately deconvert believers.

If you are going to tell me that that was more justified than a priest returning to the people he converted and telling them "you know what, the usurper in charge does not represent the teachings I told you", I call bull!@#$.

You can call bull!@#$ all you want, but that's exactly what I'm telling you.

If your character does not believe in the teachings of the religion he is a priest of, then he is no longer truly a priest of that religion, and should simply leave it.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan