Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1035408 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #735: March 27, 2012, 03:11:47 AM »
Eh, I don't know.

Placing a standing kill order on all neighbors, but never actually invading them, doesn't seem un-SMA to me. Declaring war for the purpose of auto-engaging any errant neighbor seems like a lot of fun. Way more fun than sitting at neutral would be. That is to say, I would see nothing wrong with two realms basically deciding they find it intolerable to have the other realm's nobles or soldiers ever enter their land, and thus declaring war, even if they have no intention of conquest. War could be plausibly and SMAly declared with defensive aims.

I can't see a problem with that. Battles will be fought, if only small ones. My objection was an agreement to declare war, arrest a priest and then both side immediately sign for peace. Now if you declared war OVER a priest and the whole point of it was to arrest and punish him, sure that is fine, it was specifically the idea of a war with an agreement of no actual conflict that breaches the stated rules of SMA.

No declarations of war if you don't actually intend to fight, for example

Never.

Not sure if that question was rhetorical or not.

Extremely rare occurence. The dude usually gets appointed/elected right back when it happens too.

AT must be the exception then, I'm seeing quite a few people lose positions to infils. Sure they get reappointed when they return but the damage during that time is pretty significant.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.