Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1031147 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #3180: July 06, 2013, 03:54:25 AM »
How'd that happen anyway? Rabisu groomed her for the position. It would have been like an angrier, female Rabisu.

If Jonsu had had become a Light, Hireshmont would have schismed right then and there.

Literally, if Jonsu had been Light, there would have already been another Crusade: a Crusade to force the church to kick her out of leadership.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3181: July 06, 2013, 04:07:22 AM »
Well, Hireshmont may have schismed, but I'm not sure there'd be a crusade.  I mean hardly anyone protested when she was made Luminary, which at the time was essentially the Vice-Light. And judging by past history, when someone wants an Elder out of a position, they make a big fuss about it and try to get a Magistratum, or to get either the Regent or the Prophet involved to fix it. I mean no one launched crusades to get Allison out of power, and she was hated much more.
Lokenth, Warrior of Arcaea, former Adventurer
Adamir, Lord of Luria Nova

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3182: July 06, 2013, 04:12:45 AM »
Well, Hireshmont may have schismed, but I'm not sure there'd be a crusade.  I mean hardly anyone protested when she was made Luminary, which at the time was essentially the Vice-Light. And judging by past history, when someone wants an Elder out of a position, they make a big fuss about it and try to get a Magistratum, or to get either the Regent or the Prophet involved to fix it. I mean no one launched crusades to get Allison out of power, and she was hated much more.

It was very different when she was chosen as Luminary.

A Magistratum might not have worked; but obviously that would have been step one.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Meneldur

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3183: July 06, 2013, 04:32:24 AM »
That something like this would happen if Rabisu stepped down was one reason he stayed on as long as he did. Everyone wanted a Crusade. Not just one Crusade either. Pretty much any political conflict involving members of the Church had a vocal faction lobbying for Crusade. It's not surprising that one of them succeeded, especially since Jonsu was elbowed out of being the next Light.

How'd that happen anyway? Rabisu groomed her for the position. It would have been like an angrier, female Rabisu.

You seem to have seriously underestimated the amount of hostility against Jonsu in the Elders Council; nearly everyone was united in getting her out as soon as possible, and thanks to her tantrum when she wasn't declared Light she provided the perfect opportunity for us.

The only Elder I had expected would speak up for her was Malus, but it appears he didn't feel that strongly about it.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 04:34:29 AM by Meneldur »

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3184: July 06, 2013, 04:44:24 AM »
Literally *no one* wanted to risk Jonsu getting into power. Especially not the Light of the Maddening. Her possible ascension was one of the driving factors of the charter revision.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3185: July 06, 2013, 04:49:48 AM »
Well, so it's a good thing the Elders got what they wanted. Otherwise who knows what kind of pointless, destructive quagmire might have ensued?

Meneldur

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3186: July 06, 2013, 05:06:39 AM »
Well, so it's a good thing the Elders got what they wanted. Otherwise who knows what kind of pointless, destructive quagmire might have ensued?

The hostility towards Jonsu was quite unrelated to question of future crusades, and more based on her personal qualities. The fact that it allowed Medugnatos to call the crusade for Terran was an unintended consequence; indeed there was not even a hint at the possible need for a future crusade when all this took place. Had Rabisu "groomed" any other priest no one would have protested, and we would have had another anti-crusade Light of the Maddening.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #3187: July 06, 2013, 05:19:32 AM »
So much hostility before Jonsu even began to work against the Elders. Flattering really. And to think Jonsu played nice when Mordaunt was running for Regent.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3188: July 06, 2013, 05:31:47 AM »
The mere fact that Jonsu was an elder was working against the elders.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3189: July 06, 2013, 05:35:52 AM »
Working against your political agenda you mean.

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3190: July 06, 2013, 06:14:51 AM »
So, there's this now. It's unfinished.

Yes, I now officially have too much time on my hands.

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3191: July 06, 2013, 07:12:17 AM »
So much hostility before Jonsu even began to work against the Elders. Flattering really. And to think Jonsu played nice when Mordaunt was running for Regent.

There is literally nothing to like about Jonsu.

She's like Allison, except without the usefulness, motivational skill, and network of personal loyalties.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #3192: July 06, 2013, 08:35:26 AM »
There is literally nothing to like about Jonsu.

She's like Allison, except without the usefulness, motivational skill, and network of personal loyalties.

You really underestimate people you shouldn't underestimate. Jonsu has a plenty large network of personal loyalties.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3193: July 06, 2013, 10:12:58 AM »
Its one of my favorite things really. Jonsu presents herself as loud and obnoxious out in public, and it causes her to be underestimated. I thoroughly enjoy that, it makes everything I've been doing behind the scenes for the past year soooo much easier. I mean yea, Jonsu pisses people off by being vocal, but those were the same people who took a stand against her long before she was very vocal (save against Allison, and in D'hara).

My advice, watch carefully these coming weeks, big things are happening.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3194: July 06, 2013, 02:20:50 PM »
It's not the vocal part that puts people off. It's the fact that every time Jonsu opens her mouth, out come insults, scorn, anger, sexually oriented comments, and various vitriolic comments. Up until she got booted from the elders, Jonsu literally showed no knowledge of the stars, no decorum, no civility... nothing but personal attacks against everyone.