Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1027624 times)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #3345: January 11, 2014, 07:20:58 AM »
The Moonies have spread as far as Corsanctum last I heard.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3346: January 11, 2014, 07:30:33 AM »
Yeah but how many? I know there aren't any temples of it there because they're illegal in Corsanctum.

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3347: January 11, 2014, 09:22:35 AM »
You can imagine that new religions will appear here and there if there's a sense that SA is falling apart. Or if the SA began to act like the devil we like to paint. People will prefer to save their realms instead of save a religion... if it change, well, then you really have a good religion.

Among the others, I think Asylon is the only one with a powerful religion as shield for most of its regions.
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3348: January 11, 2014, 07:00:34 PM »
You can imagine that new religions will appear here and there if there's a sense that SA is falling apart. Or if the SA began to act like the devil we like to paint. People will prefer to save their realms instead of save a religion... if it change, well, then you really have a good religion.

Among the others, I think Asylon is the only one with a powerful religion as shield for most of its regions.

At this point, in many realms, they'll risk losing their realms by attempting to remove the religion. If people put their realms first they'll more likely convert to keep their peasants happy.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3349: January 16, 2014, 04:53:41 AM »
The wars have been good for Dwilight and ultimately will lead to soul searching for SA. I know many will look and or act/say this is the end etc but often its times like these where a realm or characters can rise like a pheonix and make this a part of their character RP and history. I think this is an awesome time for Astrum and its players, now they have a goal, they have a drive, they have history and culture and they can be like the underdog and reorder things and create a new narrative one where their great and ancient civilization fell to foreign barbarians in the west. Its almost a Roman narrative of history. If you are playing BM souly to win then you are not paying enough attentiom to who your character is. Glaumring isnt great because of how awesome he is but by how frail and with foible his history has been. His entire history is clawing upward and failing and getting back up and fighting. This is Astrum now bloodied but unbowed. I know many of you will cry into pillows and quit or not log on as much because victory and gold and glory were what defined you, that when it comes down to it you were just here for yourself. For the ones who take this time in history and use it to enrich their characters and RP this is the best time to be active because drama and travesty, tragedy are the greatest stories ever written. And I know that many of you still have fight in you and its been a pleasure to take on Astrum and after years of failure finally actually winning. If you think it has only been tough for Astrum remember that Asylon was for much of history a pathetic backwater.

For once, you and I can agree.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3350: January 16, 2014, 04:59:55 AM »
One thing I've got to say is the church totally played with kid gloves in this war and it bit us in the ass big time. No Auto De Fes and we only excommunicated one person. We could have done so much more damage if we'd played hardball. I think that serves to highlight what's gone wrong with SA.

The problem is we're afraid to be rabble rousers. We're afraid to send priests into lands where they're forbidden. We're afraid to sponsor pro SA rebellions. We think if we do that our priests will be persecuted and our temples burned. We're afraid to excommunicate people. We think if we do that all it means is fewer members. What we fail to realize is that' these are the things which make SA an exciting religion to be in. Some people want the chance to become martyrs or heretics. We shouldn't be afraid to lose characters in this way. If you can't get kicked out of SA then being a member has no meaning. If you can't become a martyr then there's nothing to aspire to. In the end we'll lose way more characters if we simply make the religion boring and bland because people will just plain leave.

The current situation could lead to an exciting age of fundamentalism. Now that the religion has more followers then ever it means more lords and rulers can't risk going against the church. SA players need to start checking their modern day sensibilities at the door and start getting medieval. We need more people to see Pagans and Heathens as their enemies and to see it as their duty to see Sanguis Astroism become the state religion. Priests will be killed, temples will be burned, astroist peasants will riot, duchies will secede, rebellions will be hatched. These are all good things for the game and for Sanguis Astroism.

And this is why we should all miss Allison Kabrinksi. That's right, Haters, Kabrinski was the best thing that ever happened to SA no matter how many people she pissed off. Those of us with vision knew that despite her (many) faults and the amount of trouble she caused, she was worth every moment of aggravation. Because she would do anything to expand the faith, she didn't need official help or sanction to do it, and in the end that meant that her actions could always be disavowed, even when they resulted in major gains for the Church.

Hell, for all intents and purposes, she provided the spark that set off the war between Caerwyn, Astrum and Averoth, which up until the current war was the most danger Astrum ever faced. Rowan eventually found out what she did, before his death, but he did nothing about it, said nothing about it. Because he knew how much she was needed, and how much the Church stood to gain if the war was successful, which in the end it was.

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3351: January 16, 2014, 05:50:55 AM »
Old-school Alison may have been a net positive for the Church, but latter-day Alison wasn't.
Lokenth, Warrior of Arcaea, former Adventurer
Adamir, Lord of Luria Nova

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3352: January 16, 2014, 06:10:54 AM »
Old-school Alison may have been a net positive for the Church, but latter-day Alison wasn't.

But later day Allison gave it all up to bring Mendicant down...  That easily makes the top 5 of Allison's best hits.   Number one might be kicking Aram out of the church, then auto da fe'd him.  Then my RP about looting his wine cellars as the peasant followers burned down his estates.
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3353: January 16, 2014, 08:19:47 AM »
But later day Allison gave it all up to bring Mendicant down...  That easily makes the top 5 of Allison's best hits.   Number one might be kicking Aram out of the church, then auto da fe'd him.  Then my RP about looting his wine cellars as the peasant followers burned down his estates.

Is that cannon? I was under the impression that was a last ditch effort to reenter the church after Orthodox Astroism failed to gain followers. 

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3354: January 16, 2014, 12:59:50 PM »
It was.

Allison was a great force for change and chaos. But toward the end, it was all a bunch of 180 degree turns from church zealot to "death to the church". Back and forth several times.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3355: January 16, 2014, 03:40:19 PM »
Moon priests versus star priests. A match made in heaven. Finally Astroism has its enemy and Asylon will gladly don the red shirt.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3356: January 16, 2014, 05:14:27 PM »
Is that cannon? I was under the impression that was a last ditch effort to reenter the church after Orthodox Astroism failed to gain followers.

I never tried to recruit many nobles to OA.

But it was canon.  I RPed poisoning mendicant and that he died or was in a coma

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3357: January 16, 2014, 05:40:24 PM »

Allison claimed it, whether anyone actually bought it or not is another matter.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3358: January 16, 2014, 07:03:30 PM »
Allison claimed it, whether anyone actually bought it or not is another matter.

Its not a claim.  It happened.  I should Getty some credit for all the work I did to pin down that cheater.

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3359: January 17, 2014, 07:56:43 AM »

I meant the idea that OA was all a ploy to get close to Mendicant. I know you told me the prophet was in on it but then the prophet said that was an outright lie.