Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1017633 times)

Bronnen

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #3615: February 04, 2014, 02:16:34 AM »
I've (hopefully) started a chain of events that will lead to the SA returning to normal.

People should roleplay electing a leader and supporting him and ignoring Jonsu and Alaster.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3616: February 04, 2014, 02:17:33 AM »
I've (hopefully) started a chain of events that will lead to the SA returning to normal.

People should roleplay electing a leader and supporting him and ignoring Jonsu and Alaster.

Yes, game mechanics might not let you actually enforce the results of a vote, but it would be interesting to see what would happen following this path.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3617: February 04, 2014, 02:18:03 AM »
It does, however, send you the text of the warning the moderator sent to you.

If you review that, I strongly suspect you'll find therein an explanation for why that particular post was removed.

If you're going to leave the game, I'll be sad to see you go—but if you're going to try to make everyone still here more upset and our lives more miserable, then I think you need to just leave now, rather than griefing on your way out.

You mean this:

Chénier,

You have received a warning for posting offensive material in regards to the message:
Re: Sanguis Astroism.

A lot of your posts in this thread lately have been borderline, but accusing Justin of deriving fun from causing other players to leave the game crosses that line. Keep things civil.

Please cease these activities and abide by the forum rules otherwise we will take further action.

Regards,
The BattleMaster Forum Team.

I was never aware that stating someone's action drains others' fun, and then simply stating the quitting that all in SA can see, was somehow against any rules or in any way rude.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Qyasogk

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3618: February 04, 2014, 02:18:10 AM »
The only thing the devs seem to do is moderate the forums. They could care less that two people just ruined a huge chunk of Dwilight. I feel stupid for having spent any time in BM at all now, if this is how this is going to be resolved.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3619: February 04, 2014, 02:19:53 AM »
I was never aware that stating someone's action drains others' fun, and then simply stating the quitting that all in SA can see, was somehow against any rules or in any way rude.

You need to work on your reading comprehension, Dominic. The problem was that you accused him of finding it fun taking away others' fun.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3620: February 04, 2014, 02:21:37 AM »
GM Warning   (6 minutes ago)
We recognize that there have been some controversial events over the last few days in Sanguis Astroism. We wish to first of all remind every player that in-character events must be handled in-character.

There has been an excessive number of out-of-character messages sent within the religion recently, and it is becoming detrimental to the Serious Medieval Atmosphere on this continent, which we do take very seriously.

Finally, we wish to make quite clear that the actions taken by Jonsu and Enoch, while very controversial and upsetting, were, to the best of our knowledge and understanding, conducted entirely in-character and according to all the rules of BattleMaster. It would not be at all appropriate for us to intervene in this case, as it would open the door to similar complaints for a wide variety of other unpopular actions.

There are still a wide variety of ways this can be handled without any drastic or out-of-character measures. Please do your best to work through this crisis in-character.

OOC messages are anti-Serious Medieval Atmosphere, but Pope Silent giving total power of a church to Miss Heretic is totally Serious Medieval Atmosphere-legit, right?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3621: February 04, 2014, 02:22:05 AM »
The only thing the devs seem to do is moderate the forums. They could care less that two people just ruined a huge chunk of Dwilight. I feel stupid for having spent any time in BM at all now, if this is how this is going to be resolved.

And you need to chill out.

The devs are not EVER going to intervene to reverse actions that were taken entirely in-character without breaking any rules.

Just because you don't like what happened doesn't make it cheating. Even if we took a poll and a majority of the entire game voted that they thought it was cheating, that still wouldn't make it so.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3622: February 04, 2014, 02:23:02 AM »
OOC messages are anti-Serious Medieval Atmosphere, but Pope Silent giving total power of a church to Miss Heretic is totally Serious Medieval Atmosphere-legit, right?

Those are all in-character actions with (from what I understand) entirely in-character justifications behind them.

Just because the justifications happened due to backroom dealings that you didn't have access to doesn't make them non-SMA or cheating.
Timothy Collett

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #3623: February 04, 2014, 02:24:49 AM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marozia

Check out this whole rotten family tree.

Edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Benedict_IX

This guy literally sold the papacy.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 02:29:41 AM by Marlboro »
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3624: February 04, 2014, 02:25:55 AM »

You know what, I have a nice little Dev tag next to my name. You know what I can do to affect the outcome of this, supposing I thought there was an action required. Nothing.

I have access to a offline code repository and test server in order to test bug fixes and new features. I don't have access to the live system, nor do most Devs. If a rule has been broken then there is a process in place to address it, and it is not appealing to the Dev team to make some sort of retroactive change. The processes exist so that everyone and every case hopefully gets the same deliberation and treatment.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3625: February 04, 2014, 02:28:15 AM »
I've finally gotten a good callous to my skin after all the chaffing I have been getting over this whole issue.   

I allowed myself to get angry and now I can move past that.   

I am here as a player to make sure there is some sort of fair transition.  Fair to EVERYONE.   Which is fairly generous from Justin's part considering he schooled everyone.  Yes yes Charter blah blah.   Did roman laws stop Caesar crossing the rubicon and taking power? 

As a player I am here to be fair to everyone.  Considering the commitment I have as a player to SA I believe that the nay sayers and the whiners got a better deal than they probably deserved. 

Yes yes  Kabrinski's suck.  At least the ones on Dwilight do.   I know this.   Work with me as a player and will figure this out.    Alaster is a raving lunatic  or at least many perceive him to be that way.   

Once you accept that Jonsu won't simply give up power and that you have to take it back you will realize that I'm here as a Judge more so than as "Alaster Kabrinski"
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3626: February 04, 2014, 02:29:25 AM »
The GMs seem to have forgotten was SMA was long ago, for some reason thinking "SMA"="no OOC messages". The SMA page doesn't even MENTION ooc messages at all. It is ALL about roleplay.

No wonder Dwilight has long been SMA in name only, when even the ones enforcing it don't even seem to understand what it means anymore.

Ohzen

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3627: February 04, 2014, 02:30:05 AM »
    Finally, we wish to make quite clear that the actions taken by Jonsu and Enoch, while very controversial and upsetting, were, to the best of our knowledge and understanding, conducted entirely in-character and according to all the rules of BattleMaster. It would not be at all appropriate for us to intervene in this case, as it would open the door to similar complaints for a wide variety of other unpopular actions.

There are still a wide variety of ways this can be handled without any drastic or out-of-character measures. Please do your best to work through this crisis in-character.

they try to ferret their way out of beeing unable to say: "Hey... we cant think about EVERYTHING!"

Jonsu and Enoch found a hole in the cheesy game mechanics and used it! Nothing compared to the few clicks they needed to destroy something others took years to build. To restore the former balance will take MONTHS!

I tried to RP my way out of this mess... but this is too much powerplay... they win by abusing game mechanics and we have to RP it back?

Edited to remove offensive material.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 02:32:46 AM by Anaris »

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3628: February 04, 2014, 02:30:57 AM »
The GMs seem to have forgotten was SMA was long ago, for some reason thinking "SMA"="no OOC messages". The SMA page doesn't even MENTION ooc messages at all. It is ALL about roleplay.

No wonder Dwilight has long been SMA in name only, when even the ones enforcing it don't even seem to understand what it means anymore.

I understand it better than you seem to, Chénier.

It's about reacting like people, not players. It's about having in-character justifications for what you do.

It's NOT about demanding OOC fixes to IC problems.
Timothy Collett

Ohzen

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3629: February 04, 2014, 02:34:10 AM »
It all started with a GREAT RP! I must admit... but than it turned into powergaming from one day to another.

A handful of people mangaed it to destroy the gameplay for over 100 people without proper RP. I started to play this BECAUSE of the RP and even lured my GF into playing this as well because she also loves fantasy novel. Her leaving the game because of this is too much for me as well. And I know that many many others are very discouraged by this actions compared to those who want to play along.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 02:38:32 AM by Ohzen »