Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1016156 times)

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #3660: February 04, 2014, 03:17:26 AM »
Mm, it looks like I made the right call by the account deletion. I do hope the thread stays open, though, so I can still keep tabs on what goes on and whether Jonsu gets tired of the ego tripping.

RE @Dishman

It's hard to play with someone who has all the cards, and gives you only the cards he decides to give. Heh, try playing poker like that and you'll quickly lose interest, too.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 03:19:53 AM by Feylonis »

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3661: February 04, 2014, 03:19:28 AM »
This is a game with crude mechanics that hope everyyone who play this got a code of honour. We got abused and the DEV Team is as helpless as we are cause Jonsu and Alaster found a nice lil hole....

There was NO hole. On of the reason the game mechanic trumps RP rule is for exactly this kind of situation. When players have built a structure that game mechanics don't support, there is always a high chance that they will be toppled or impacted by the game mechanics. If you want to go that route, then fine but it should be with the knowledge that the system and structure is going to be vulnerable. It is not the fault of the game design that people have decided to go counter to the systems in place.

Tim,

The point of game mechanics is not to create an idealized form of a game. It's to create a structure in which people are enabled to have fun.

I could change one vowel in the name of who I'm addressing this two, and it would be something I've heard you say a dozen times.

Don't chain yourself to a set of mechanics that's destroying a community.

We don't. The mechanics change constantly. The fact that there even IS a religious system and priest class is evidence of this. The Dev team is in no way against sitting down and discussing changes to Religion to address this event, that is why we have feature requests. But retroactively punishing characters and players for using the game mechanics as they stand is something else entirely.

unlike more of the people who are angry about Enoch and Jonsu's actions, I don't care about that. That was done (to the best of my knowledge completely IC) and fits her character. It might be unpopular and power hungry but I don't care about that because she is playing her character.

The whole thing with Jonsu and Alaster is what I have issues with as neither of them are playing their characters. They aren't, and that's my issue.

Then please raise the issue with the Titans, who oversee SMA. They very possibly aren't playing to their characters, though it might be more correct to say they aren't playing to the widely perceived nature of their characters, however I do believe that Dustole at least is doing so in order to attempt to salvage something of the situation.

I get the outrage this has caused. I've never been a member of SA and I felt the same outrage when I first learned of it simply from my association with other Dwlight realms. I would certainly be more then upset if I was heavily involved in the group, and have experience similar when realms that I worked hard in fell apart or were usurped to travel a different path. Players/Characters often act in ways that I don't like and really don't personally condone, doesn't mean they have broken faith with the rules of the game though.

Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Bronnen

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3662: February 04, 2014, 03:23:14 AM »
So you're saying I should raise the whole dual prophet things with the titans? I just want to make sure because I've heard of people being banned for false reports to titans.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #3663: February 04, 2014, 03:23:25 AM »
I think this is where a lot of bad feelings are coming from. I did this as a friend. I thought that most people would enjoy something new. If Stabbity is going out of character to make an offer to reconcile the church, that is playing with friends. The entirety of OOC chatter was 'hey, lets try not to upset everyone who built this but create a real crisis for the church'.

You have a picturesque villain dropped in front of you and rather than fight...people are giving up because I clicked the wrong button. I spent all of 2013 building toward destroying the church, and when Enoch was HANDED THE REGENCY, I stalled to allow what fun people were having to run it's course. Then I gave it to someone I thought could start a new age.

You may not like the decision, but try to remember we are trying to play as friends. Sometimes it is an unfriendly game, but efforts are made.

If you had to come up with a plan for how to not treat people in an unfriendly way, you should have stopped. It's exactly like any other Social Contract or IR issue. If you find yourself asking how to do it without breaking the rules, STOP.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3664: February 04, 2014, 03:26:44 AM »
If you had to come up with a plan for how to not treat people in an unfriendly way, you should have stopped. It's exactly like any other Social Contract or IR issue. If you find yourself asking how to do it without breaking the rules, STOP.

As has been stated multiple times, this is NOT a Social Contract violation.

This has gone on long enough. The thread will be locked to allow people to cool off. It will be unlocked again in a day or so. Until then, everyone try to remember that this is still a game, and we players are not each other's enemies.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3665: February 05, 2014, 03:45:02 AM »
This thread will be unlocked again in around 12 hours. That will be 36 hours from the time of locking (and, not coincidentally, will be when I'm starting my day, rather than when I'm going to bed, and thus I'll be around to make sure it doesn't instantly devolve into a flamewar again).
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3666: February 05, 2014, 04:43:58 PM »
The thread is now unlocked.

Please feel free to resume discussion of recent events, but leave blame, recriminations and angry words out of it.
Timothy Collett

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3667: February 05, 2014, 06:16:51 PM »
My only public comment about this is that I'm glad I deleted my character before it happened.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3668: February 05, 2014, 06:30:15 PM »
So what's happening now? It's going to take a while to completely lose interest even after account deletion.

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3669: February 05, 2014, 07:02:50 PM »
Helm stepped forward and declared himself Regent.   Morek gave him their support.   Sergio supports him so I bet Astrum back Helm as well.   
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #3670: February 05, 2014, 08:26:18 PM »
My only public comment about this is that I'm glad I deleted my character before it happened.

Feel free to not follow Tim's advice right after he said not to do exactly this...

Anyways, I'm fine with everything that happened in Sanguis Astroism. The whole religion had been stagnant for a while, and this is just what it needed. In fact, I hadn't been planning on having my character joining SA, but now I think I will.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3671: February 05, 2014, 08:31:39 PM »
Feel free to not follow Tim's advice right after he said not to do exactly this…

Actually, I don't object to that kind of thing. It's effectively stating "I don't like what's happened," without insulting anyone, casting any blame, or in any way trying to demean, belittle, or hurt any player or dev.

Everyone is always free to say they don't like a situation, and even that they're glad they don't have to get involved in it. Hell, I'm glad my character's not involved in the situation. For one thing, I'd be getting some obscene amount of messages if she was! ;D

Anyways, I'm fine with everything that happened in Sanguis Astroism. The whole religion had been stagnant for a while, and this is just what it needed. In fact, I hadn't been planning on having my character joining SA, but now I think I will.

Better wear your fireproof underwear.
Timothy Collett

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3672: February 05, 2014, 08:44:34 PM »
Feel free to not follow Tim's advice right after he said not to do exactly this...

This is the kind of thing I hate and which systematically arises in situations like this. "I'm not a part of X, but it really had Y problem, and what it really needed is Z, and I'm really happy it got it".

How can you judge something you weren't even a party to? Stagnant is the last word I'd have used to describe SA. All this did was drive away a bunch of good players and disgust a score of others in the game and in those responsible for upholding the rules.

People who are participating in the inner feud, for the most part, have stated how they only do so reluctantly and do so with a grudge.

There's nothing fun about this. Just frustration for everyone.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3673: February 05, 2014, 10:28:23 PM »
It looks like many people are feeling hurt because they got too connected to something of BM. Which is a shame. Sometimes you have to accept that everything you worked for vaporises into thin air. But from ashes a phoenix can rise, so instead of the (OOC-)rage, it might be better to channel all your anger into an ingame counter movement. Heck, I've been there countless times in the many years I played BM, and even though it did sting for a long time in the beginning, after a while I realised that it allowed me to explore other paths in BM which turned out to be so much better.
Ardet nec consumitur.

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #3674: February 05, 2014, 10:42:32 PM »
Helm stepped forward and declared himself Regent.   Morek gave him their support.   Sergio supports him so I bet Astrum back Helm as well.
You made the General of the strongest military power of Dwilight the most pious man of your Church, sure that will improve the image we all have about Sanguis Astroim.
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar