Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1017667 times)

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #3795: February 16, 2014, 03:48:00 AM »
IF he had been open about his dissent this whole time, or IF he was trying to push for a variant of SA as opposed to dedicated to undermining it, then yea, perhaps he could have had sway among those who converted. But that wasn't the case.

I had Enoch work from Mimer to Flowrestown, exploring the priest-class and the temple treasuries. I think I left SA debt even, but some treasuries may be more full than others. More relevant, he preached up and down the area with diligence.

I recall some other priests in the area, a few from Corsanctum and one other from Swordfell I think. Most people were focused on the northwest, though, far far away. Enoch had been a priest/diplomat for a while (which built on nicely with some previous oratory training), mixed with the Regency and focus on the region, I figured he'd have some pull.

It was funny, I tried to persecute heretics in Shyussei not long ago (where there were no Torenists), and it whipped up a mob that killed dozens of my own followers. I'd like to think that Enoch can spin a good yarn. He even admitted doing it to the other priests, cautioning 'further use'. Enoch didn't voice dissent, or question the elder council. He announced the new prophet. It all still looks perfectly pious, if you ignore who he announced.
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3796: February 16, 2014, 04:19:16 PM »
It was funny, I tried to persecute heretics in Shyussei not long ago (where there were no Torenists), and it whipped up a mob that killed dozens of my own followers. I'd like to think that Enoch can spin a good yarn. He even admitted doing it to the other priests, cautioning 'further use'. Enoch didn't voice dissent, or question the elder council. He announced the new prophet. It all still looks perfectly pious, if you ignore who he announced.

Yea, well, it's kind of hard to ignore, isn't it?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3797: February 22, 2014, 04:47:19 AM »
and Asylon might take to a new prophet.

A traitor? We don't care with the SA as you think. We are more worried with realms and armies, not with a crazy religion fighting for power in its own failed hierarchy.
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

Bjarnson

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3798: February 22, 2014, 08:55:15 AM »
A traitor? We don't care with the SA as you think. We are more worried with realms and armies, not with a crazy religion fighting for power in its own failed hierarchy.

Truth.
King Grimrog Bjarnson of Asylon.

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3799: February 22, 2014, 06:06:23 PM »
Yeah, I don't really buy it. You may be on the sidelines, but you cheer and shake your pompoms one way or the other.
Lokenth, Warrior of Arcaea, former Adventurer
Adamir, Lord of Luria Nova

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #3800: February 22, 2014, 06:38:15 PM »
Yeah, I don't really buy it. You may be on the sidelines, but you cheer and shake your pompoms one way or the other.

Typical SA person believes every realm revolves around that religion...

Barca could really care less.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3801: February 22, 2014, 07:16:10 PM »
SA hasn't had a presence or even priests in Asylon for ages even after Asylon repeatedly called for SA priests to come preach to their flock. I think what we have here is SA actually thinking they are important when really years of corruption and stagnation of ideas and a prophet who can't even be bothered to play has brought the whole rotten carcass down around it and even then you have these kind of delusional golden robed bejewelled nobles wandering around the smoking hulk tittering and oblivious to the fact that their entire world has changed and will continue to change.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #3802: February 22, 2014, 08:38:16 PM »
Typical SA person believes every realm revolves around that religion...

Barca could really care less.
Can we. We already don't care.
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3803: February 22, 2014, 08:56:43 PM »
..stagnation of ideas and a prophet who can't even be bothered to play..

..these kind of delusional golden robed bejewelled nobles wandering around the smoking hulk tittering and oblivious to the fact that their entire world has changed and will continue to change.

I saw this too. I think it was hard for people not invested to see how much of an empty puppet it was. No real power struggles, no cohesive coordination, just a shuffling of seats and a forum to bitch at.

Now I hear there are two schism churchs on either end of Dwilight and the main hall is still picking sides. SA had to be somewhat more interesting, or else you wouldn't be posting.
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3804: February 22, 2014, 09:16:44 PM »
If you really had a flock that needed preached at, then grow your own priests. Why keep hollering for someone to come do it for you, when you could just do it yourself? If you can't be bothered to do it, then why should someone else up-end their entire life and come do it for you?

As for the prophet being quiet, it actually worked for us most of the time. It made him mysterious, and kept him above the petty politics of the church. It kept his reputation clean. Then when he spoke, his opinion actually meant something. You knew he wasn't one of the people talking just to hear themselves talk. In this way, Mathurin was one of the most respected and powerful men on the island. Also, he usually answered private letters, and even initiated important conversations on his own. I found his play style to be both appropriate and brilliant. He played the holy prophet of the world's largest religion perfectly.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Meneldur

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3805: February 23, 2014, 01:30:04 AM »
I saw this too. I think it was hard for people not invested to see how much of an empty puppet it was. No real power struggles, no cohesive coordination, just a shuffling of seats and a forum to bitch at.

Now I hear there are two schism churchs on either end of Dwilight and the main hall is still picking sides. SA had to be somewhat more interesting, or else you wouldn't be posting.

The main hall has already picked sides- apart from Gustav's character and Jonsu's initial follower everyone who has taken sides has done so in favour of Helm and for the past few days most discussion as ceased as everyone waiting for Jonsu to "finish her rp" and step down like she said she would. So hopefully within the next week the whole situation in the main church should return to normal and , as per the will of the majority of active SA players, things will return to the old system with some minor adjustments. Clearly for many players the old system seem far more appealing and interesting than anything that has happened since, so I think the generalisations that it was somehow objectively "stagnant" and "boring" doesn't fit into the player reaction, which is overwhelmingly in support of it and in opposition to your supposed "fun-making" which most people want over as quickly and painlessly as possible.

As for the "schisms", I'll grant that the Lurian one has the potential for conflict- though I think if it does end in conflict then the temples in Luria will merely be destroyed, while the north sends some angry letters but doesn't do much else. But I guess that counts as "interesting". The supposed "schism" in Niselur is really nothing of the sort- we've heard next to nothing about it within SA; its basically just like a random new religion with no contact with us has sprung up and to be honest no one seems to care.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 01:38:56 AM by Meneldur »

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #3806: February 24, 2014, 12:15:40 AM »
SA should attack the schisms and manifest their dominance.
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

Wolfang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3807: February 24, 2014, 07:54:02 PM »
I tried making SA illegal in Barca a long time ago.

OFaolain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3808: February 24, 2014, 07:55:55 PM »
I tried making SA illegal in Barca a long time ago.
I thought it still was.  Barca's beyond SA's reach anyway, though.
MacGeil Family: Cathan (Corsanctum)
Formerly the O'Faolain, then Nisbet families

Wolfang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3809: February 24, 2014, 07:57:59 PM »
It requires approval of the senate to enter Barca, but I wanted it to be completely illegal  :P