Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1016682 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #4110: October 02, 2014, 06:06:28 PM »
Mod note: I've nuked the flaming. Please stop. This argument ended months ago. If you insist on flaming each other, then do it in private.[/quote]
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

CyberGenesis

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4111: October 04, 2014, 05:49:38 AM »
Persecuted? We have never been or feel persecuted. We are victorious and if it wasnt for the monster invasion they'd be speaking Asylonian from Astrum to the shores of D'Hara.

Asylon always had a policy of limited alliances, few allies and a philosophy of total eternal war. Joining Luria insured us that. Joining any other realm would have insured boredom.

This is the most beautiful reason I've ever seen to join Luria.

Having said that, I'm not bitching about the path that Asylon has taken. They've had a wild ride, and I bet that the players in it had a hell of a lot of fun along the way. My issue is with the characterization of Asylon as the persecuted victim. That's a load of propaganda crap.

Asylon had a long history of involving themselves in everyone else's business, because they just couldn't handle the fact that no one wanted to play with them. Other than Kabrinskia, pretty much everyone's policy toward Asylon was "go away and leave us alone".

Ever bit of SA propaganda i've ever read was "DEATH TO THE CULTISTS" so that is probably where a large portion of that comes from. However considering current developments in that regard, Morek's gone guano so the Cultists have no enemies left - except Alaster, and his days are numbered to whichever realm manages to catch him with an active ban first

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4112: October 04, 2014, 11:47:52 AM »
Just Alaster and street1.2 million peasants.

Alaster has tried to be friends CoB but the aren't interested.  If it's a bet on survival I'd bet Alaster survives longer than CoB
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4113: October 04, 2014, 05:15:23 PM »
Survival is pointless if he'll be unable to pursue his goals any more and even leave the realm that harbors him.
I wonder how he even managed to get banned from every Dwilight realm (except one?). Was he just so universally.. uh.. imprudent or is it some sort of a global conspiracy?

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4114: October 05, 2014, 02:37:48 AM »
Just Alaster and street1.2 million peasants.

Alaster has tried to be friends CoB but the aren't interested.  If it's a bet on survival I'd bet Alaster survives longer than CoB

Alaster hasn't tried to be friends with CoB. Alaster and SA have declared CoB to be evil. They have acted as if we are evil since before our founding. The only contact we ever recieve from SA is them asking that we of CoB rejoin SA and we'll be allowed to keep our beliefs... My opinion is this, why have a sandwich when you can have whole buffett.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4115: October 18, 2014, 08:06:57 PM »
Duel to the death between the Justiciars for control of SA.  Who will win?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4116: October 18, 2014, 09:32:47 PM »
And more importantly: who will care?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4117: October 18, 2014, 10:47:30 PM »

Most are ambivalent.  Which has been SA's curse for a a long time.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4118: October 19, 2014, 12:31:49 AM »

My prediction:

If Helm wins, then SA continues it's previous slow decay. A few who left might join it back to temporarily hold that off.

If Alaster wins, then SA continues its new increased decay. Temples, shrines, and followers will continue to be destroyed until there is little left for him to use. SA becomes completely insignificant to everyone within a few months.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4119: October 19, 2014, 05:34:15 AM »
Sexually only 1 temple has been closed down in a backwater region.   Nobles have tried to close them down but only one has been successful.  Most of the nobles who left or were kicked out have returned. 

I don't think SA is gonna just disappear like you claim.  Less noble followers? Sure, but all won't leave.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4120: October 19, 2014, 03:02:53 PM »
Sexually only 1 temple has been closed down in a backwater region.   Nobles have tried to close them down but only one has been successful.  Most of the nobles who left or were kicked out have returned. 

I don't think SA is gonna just disappear like you claim.  Less noble followers? Sure, but all won't leave.

Give it time.

I'll close your temples, and you can't stop me.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

D`Este

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4121: October 19, 2014, 03:57:31 PM »
Give it time.

I'll close your temples, and you can't stop me.

So why don't they just kick you? Unless you are a priest and you keep that class only to prevent them from kicking you from the religion, which would be strange if you did that, as you became pissed IC and OOC when Fulco was priest and you couldnt kick him from SA.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4122: October 19, 2014, 04:55:49 PM »
So why don't they just kick you? Unless you are a priest and you keep that class only to prevent them from kicking you from the religion, which would be strange if you did that, as you became pissed IC and OOC when Fulco was priest and you couldnt kick him from SA.

Fulco became a priest specifically to not get kicked, had never been one before as far as I can tell.

Machiavel has been a priest for years. Temples he's closed and peasants he deconverted were the ones he built and converted himself.

Fulco sided with the most hated heretic of the Church. Machiavel sided against an usurper placed in power by her.

Are you really going to claim you can't see a difference between these two cases?

I've always argued for priest power and protection within a church to be directly proportional to his contribution to it. And Machiavel has been a priest of SA longer than Alaster has been on Dwilight.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4123: October 19, 2014, 04:57:19 PM »
Any character that becomes or remains a priest of a religion solely to avoid being kicked out while he deliberately sabotages that religion is clearly no longer a true follower of the religion, and is abusing game mechanics.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4124: October 19, 2014, 05:01:53 PM »
Any character that becomes or remains a priest of a religion solely to avoid being kicked out while he deliberately sabotages that religion is clearly no longer a true follower of the religion, and is abusing game mechanics.

What about elders who deliberatly sabotage the religion by making it so that nobody wants to be part of it anymore, eh?

Jonsu and Alaster took actions that would obviously hollow it out from within. Alaster even went about and kicked a bunch of people. I really don't see it any differently.

The true followers of the religion are those who oppose it being usurped and perverted. Not those who decide to go along with whatever clown was put at the top without anyone being consulted.