Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1016776 times)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #75: October 31, 2011, 06:58:32 PM »
The Astroists are a little overconfident, aren't they?  :D

A history of utterly annihilating one's enemies will do that  ;)

The whole business with Caerwyn has us united and in a very bellicose mood. Moderates and peaceniks of all stripes have more or less gone into hiding or been converted into hawks, at least temporarily. This is probably the worst possible time in the history of Dwilight to start trouble with SA, no joke.

The bear is not asleep, it is very awake and very angry, and freshly returned from a very satisfying mauling. So satisfying in fact that it's really considering abandoning rooting for grubs and honey and taking up mauling on a full-time basis, as a sort of professional killer bear. After all it reflects, nature seems to have given it a whole lot of pointy claws and teeth and a large amount of muscle with which to employ them, so perhaps this is what it intended for bears all along, and all those grubs and honey were really just distractions from its true purpose, which is apparently to maul innocent campers, especially ones seen in possession of pointy sticks the sort with which it was recently poked by a couple of particularly overconfident campers, much to their eventual dismay.

Campers beware: Avoid the bear. And avoid picking up pointy sticks. The bear will eventually realize that it can't make a living mauling things, and then it will go back to periodically hibernating and rooting for grubs and honey. But until that time, it would be most unwise for any camper to approach the bear, especially while in possession of a pointy stick.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #76: October 31, 2011, 07:00:53 PM »
The bear will eventually realize that it can't make a living mauling things, and then it will go back to periodically hibernating and rooting for grubs and honey.

Are you 100% certain it can't? That does look like a very satisfying living.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Zakilevo

« Reply #77: October 31, 2011, 07:05:10 PM »
As long as pests do not bother the beast...

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #78: October 31, 2011, 07:17:33 PM »
Well, Hireshmont just called Brance a panicky liar unable to manage his own realm in front of the rulers of several realms.

Poke?

I know Astroism can beat the Moot in a war. Hireshmont generally knows that (though if Aurvandil and Madina would lay off it and come help, and if the Lurias would stay out, we'd have a real chance). But Hireshmont and Brance have pushed each other into very uncomfortable positions.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #79: October 31, 2011, 07:20:57 PM »
Bad Hireshmont! Don't poke the big guy! Silly Federations! How two Realms that pretty much agree on borders still manage to irritate each other that much over the issue, I do not know! :P

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #80: October 31, 2011, 08:01:46 PM »
Campers beware: Avoid the bear.
Who is saying that Hireshmont is a camper. I see him more like a hunter. And he is looking for a new trophy on the wall.

Bad Hireshmont! Don't poke the big guy! Silly Federations! How two Realms that pretty much agree on borders still manage to irritate each other that much over the issue, I do not know! :P
Probably the same way as Julius and Vallyn can. When you are both defending different interests it might seem as irritating each other for the neutral observer.
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #81: October 31, 2011, 08:46:42 PM »
Who is saying that Hireshmont is a camper. I see him more like a hunter. And he is looking for a new trophy on the wall.

I fail to see how anything good can come of this from Terran's perspective. What on earth could Terran stand to gain in this situation through conflict, military or political? They've somehow managed over the course of a few days to badly damage Terran's relations with the Theocracies, which is really saying something... Terran had a fair amount of goodwill built up with us.

Probably the same way as Julius and Vallyn can. When you are both defending different interests it might seem as irritating each other for the neutral observer.

Too much posturing, not enough conciliating. We started off with a chip on our shoulder. Terran decided to take a tough line with us right off the bat. Predictably, things went downhill from there.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82: October 31, 2011, 09:22:25 PM »
It might be a coincidence, but what neighbor did the Theocracies ever had to maintain reasonable non-vassal relations with them?
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #83: October 31, 2011, 09:48:04 PM »
It might be a coincidence, but what neighbor did the Theocracies ever had to maintain reasonable non-vassal relations with them?

We got along fine with Caerwyn for years. We would still be getting along fine with them if they hadn't decided to stab us in the back. Same with Averoth actually. After a rocky start we were perfectly content to leave them alone until they decided to start meddling in our affairs

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84: November 01, 2011, 01:21:41 AM »
The only realm that was ever in a vassal relationship to another SA realm was Aquilegia. And I believe that was only after a rebellion lead by carpet-bagger nobles. (I'm not 100% clear on that, I was already gone from Morek when it happened.) Other than that, I don't think we've ever tried to enthrall any realm.

There have been realms that have been hemmed in by SA-following realms, such as RE and LE, and even Averoth. But none of those were held in vassalage to SA. They were mostly ignored until they decided to grab the pokey sticks.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #85: November 01, 2011, 01:23:41 AM »
Neither is Terran.
Funny how three realms con't come to a simple border treaty, despite the fact that none of them claim to be asking for anything at all, and just keep pissing each other off. ::)

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #86: November 01, 2011, 09:26:50 AM »
The only realm that was ever in a vassal relationship to another SA realm was Aquilegia. And I believe that was only after a rebellion lead by carpet-bagger nobles. (I'm not 100% clear on that, I was already gone from Morek when it happened.) Other than that, I don't think we've ever tried to enthrall any realm.

Aquilegia was founded by Morek colonists. Rebels eventually took power, Xinhai didn't like that. There was a war, and it was eventually settled for vassal relationship instead of complete destruction.

This didn't work out too well.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #87: November 01, 2011, 01:45:52 PM »
Aquilegia was founded by Morek colonists. Rebels eventually took power, Xinhai didn't like that. There was a war, and it was eventually settled for vassal relationship instead of complete destruction.

This didn't work out too well.

Mainly because that eventually came into power had no life and made so many multi's that he had at least half the nobles of the entire realm of Aquilegia.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #88: November 01, 2011, 01:56:07 PM »
Mainly because that eventually came into power had no life and made so many multi's that he had at least half the nobles of the entire realm of Aquilegia.

Didn't that occur before the war ended?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #89: November 01, 2011, 02:37:29 PM »
It happened during the war, but the revelation of it, and the resulting disappearance of 20+ nobles, finally killed the realm.