Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1016065 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #150: November 08, 2011, 11:15:45 AM »
Even if the city actually reaches that size, getting all of them to follow SA will be quite a challenge.  We've been working on Springdale (currently the largest center of the faith) for years, and haven't ever managed to get 100% conversion . . . the city is currently about 75k people, with 4 shrines and a level 11 temple (which can provide for 71k followers), and despite pretty constant preaching, there's been very little progress for a few months.  Maybe 3k in three months or so.  In the last week it's been staying about at 52k, every time I get more it seems to go back down the next day.

I can't seem to find the thread right now, but my understanding was the way Tom coded things cities are harder to convert, or more accurately the larger the population the harder it is for 100% conversions. As I recall this is to reflect that the larger the gathering of people the more "cosmopolitan" they are and the more likely that many conflicting and minor cults and philosophies will exists. I think it was the same thread were we were debating if building temples actually made it harder to convert populations.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #151: November 08, 2011, 03:39:01 PM »
That city will eat a lot and I doubt you can feed it during winter.

It's surrounded by rurals for miles and miles in every direction you can go, with no other nearby cities.

If all those rurals can be taken, the realm holding Darfix should be self-sufficient.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152: November 08, 2011, 03:45:45 PM »
It better be. It's not like anyone else can afford to feed it if it can't feed itself.

I haven't bothered to actually count up all the numbers of the regions around it, but I don't have any reason to suspect Vellos is not correct. As always, though, the key will be to keep the monsters down.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #153: November 08, 2011, 07:53:33 PM »
Hey, if you actually take and hold all those rurals, you will. That's no easy task though...

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #154: November 22, 2011, 04:22:30 AM »
well well, I didn't realize I was this popular. I seem to be getting a large amount of support for the position of consul.

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #155: November 23, 2011, 01:04:40 AM »
It does help that you have a few people behind the scenes working for you.      ;)
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Creed

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #156: November 23, 2011, 02:14:48 AM »
I planned on running myself until I got thrown out of SA :( but its ok I got some things in the works that is going to be interesting for the church.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #157: November 23, 2011, 02:18:31 AM »
I planned on running myself until I got thrown out of SA :( but its ok I got some things in the works that is going to be interesting for the church.

The conversion of Luria Nova?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Creed

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #158: November 23, 2011, 02:29:44 AM »
The conversion of Luria Nova?

Oh no something much bigger then that.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #159: November 23, 2011, 02:32:08 AM »

The conversion of Luria Nova AND Madina? And the Zuma too?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Creed

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #160: November 23, 2011, 02:35:14 AM »
The conversion of Luria Nova AND Madina? And the Zuma too?

Lol no nothing to do with conversion of any realms or the Zuma. I want that in the future but not now.

Speaking of the Zuma can they be killed or does no one know?

Meneldur

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #161: November 23, 2011, 02:38:56 AM »

Sounds interesting- I'm guessing it will be related to Creed's rather "heretical" beliefs?

I do hope so, with Constantine soon to be out of the Elders for the first time in years a good theological controversy which he feels strongly about will be a fun way of making up for the usual Elder bickering  :)

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #162: November 23, 2011, 02:48:38 AM »
Lol no nothing to do with conversion of any realms or the Zuma. I want that in the future but not now.

Speaking of the Zuma can they be killed or does no one know?

Can their regions be RTO'ed?
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #163: November 23, 2011, 03:01:34 AM »
Can their regions be RTO'ed?

You should totally try. If the daimon is militia, they'll join you and defend you from the other Zuma!

8)

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #164: November 23, 2011, 03:25:38 AM »
It does help that you have a few people behind the scenes working for you.      ;)

Yes, that too.