Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1026330 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #255: December 25, 2011, 05:50:37 AM »
But historically speaking, Brance (And kinda Indirik sometim...most of the time...) has been pretty arrogant and I suppose the word is...high handed? You know, when it feels like the dude's thinking he's sitting atop a horse talking down to you.
He has been the ruler of the largest, wealthiest, most populous, and most powerful realm on Dwilight. Why wouldn't he be a bit arrogant and heavy-handed? He's convinced he's doing the right things, for the right reasons. And he's a bit of a religion zealot.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #256: December 25, 2011, 01:03:48 PM »
He has been the ruler of the largest, wealthiest, most populous, and most powerful realm on Dwilight. Why wouldn't he be a bit arrogant and heavy-handed? He's convinced he's doing the right things, for the right reasons. And he's a bit of a religion zealot.

If that's the case, you'd have to add "foolish" to his characteristics because clearly then he hasn't heard about the consequences of pride and its timing in relation to the fall.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #257: December 26, 2011, 05:16:41 PM »
If that's the case, you'd have to add "foolish" to his characteristics because clearly then he hasn't heard about the consequences of pride and its timing in relation to the fall.
Pride cometh after the fall, when you get back up and kick the ass of the person that tripped you, and pound his ugly little face into the dirt.  :D

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #258: December 27, 2011, 06:17:30 PM »
I understand that you think that you have been promoting the Veinsormoot. But maybe people aren't seeing your efforts in the way they are intending them. Or maybe you're not being specific enough. Or maybe your attempts to promote have been mixed in with other messages that have overridden the points about the Veinsormoot. Like Hireshmont's offer to provide information about the Zuma. That message also included not-so-veiled threats of Zuma invasions, and how Hireshmont was in good with Haktoo, and how Astrum had better sever all ties with Kabrinskia or else the Zuma would probably invade. No, that's not what you said directly. But that's how several people read the message. So any attempt you may have wanted to present of being helpful was completely lost in the indirect and not-so-indirect threats you presented in your letters.

Which is OOCly hilarious to me, because Hireshmont was not intending to be threatening at all. That was his way of trying to extend the olive branch and be apologetic.  Which I as a player knew probably wouldn't work, but he as a character has been quite confused over Brance's apparent offendedness, especially given the other SA rulers have had a very different response.  But that's IC knowledge.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #259: December 27, 2011, 09:50:59 PM »
Which is OOCly hilarious to me, because Hireshmont was not intending to be threatening at all. That was his way of trying to extend the olive branch and be apologetic.
We definitely have different ways of looking at things. But maybe it's also because of our different knowledge of the actual situation. I'm not the only one that saw the message as Hireshmont bragging about him now being in good with Haktoo, and how Kabrinskia and Iashalur were in imminent danger of being invaded by the Zuma, and that we had better abandon all ties with them, or be invaded too. No, this wasn't what was said directly. But to several of us, this was the obvious conclusion.

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #260: December 27, 2011, 10:10:21 PM »
We definitely have different ways of looking at things. But maybe it's also because of our different knowledge of the actual situation. I'm not the only one that saw the message as Hireshmont bragging about him now being in good with Haktoo, and how Kabrinskia and Iashalur were in imminent danger of being invaded by the Zuma, and that we had better abandon all ties with them, or be invaded too. No, this wasn't what was said directly. But to several of us, this was the obvious conclusion.

Being completely abstracted from the situation and impartial, I can confirm that this is exactly how I read the letter.  Behold, the limitations of text as a means of effective and complete communication.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #261: December 27, 2011, 10:16:54 PM »

Yes, there's something about Hireshmont's approach to relations with Astrum that just never seems to go over right. I remember when Brance was sharing Hireshmont's letters concerning Demyansk. I have gathered OOC that Hireshmont thought himself to be eminently reasonable in that discussion, but it was not received that way in Astrum at all. The Council was practically up in arms from the very first letter.  Relations, such as they are, seem to have continued in that vein since, with neither side understanding the other's point of view in the slightest. There's something about Hireshmont's attitude or style of communication that just drives Astrum's Council crazy and serves to obscure his intent.

Astrum is a very insular realm in many ways. We mostly ignore our heathen neighbors, and always have, with the exception of our decision to attack Everguard. Averoth could have stayed where it was forever for all we cared. Same with Caerwyn. I imagine we will take the same tack with Terran and Asylon. As long as they tacitly acknowledge and avoid interfering with our interests, I doubt we'll ever have much to say to either of them. Of course, you never know what Allison's going to do, and since Kabrinskia will probably be one of our interests, for better or for worse, there's always the possibility that we get involved in some kind of trouble that Allison stirs up.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #262: December 28, 2011, 07:06:19 AM »
Being completely abstracted from the situation and impartial, I can confirm that this is exactly how I read the letter.  Behold, the limitations of text as a means of effective and complete communication.

Heh, I think that's also Manifest Path suspicion of the Daimon-accomodating Westerners at work too.  I know Koli takes everything the Moot realms say with a hefty helping of salt specifically because of that.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #263: January 15, 2012, 05:09:36 PM »
A little bit of political infighting going on in SA.  Some of you Elders are just poor losers!
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #264: January 15, 2012, 07:19:22 PM »
Yes, calling Gustav a puppet of Allison, how would you ever get that idea?

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #265: January 15, 2012, 11:01:56 PM »
*Allison cracks her whip*

"Dance puppet, dance!"

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #266: January 16, 2012, 03:26:30 AM »
Although I did give very sound reasoning for why my character voted the way he did.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #267: January 16, 2012, 02:00:46 PM »
Vote?

Heretic is curious. Obviously heretic can't use this in-game so meh. ...In-game heretic doesn't care anyway since other people are apparently more than happy to try to say bad stuff about SA without Garret saying anything, lol?

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #268: January 16, 2012, 03:36:56 PM »
Vote?

Heretic is curious. Obviously heretic can't use this in-game so meh. ...In-game heretic doesn't care anyway since other people are apparently more than happy to try to say bad stuff about SA without Garret saying anything, lol?

We vote about the way we vote. Each side has a favorite voting manner which would make it easier for their side to win. No none is happy about the manner in which the vote about the manner in which to vote is held.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #269: January 16, 2012, 03:42:24 PM »
We vote about the way we vote. Each side has a favorite voting manner which would make it easier for their side to win. No none is happy about the manner in which the vote about the manner in which to vote is held.

+1

I know what is going on and I had to read this twice for it to make sense!  Well worded.