Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1016946 times)

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #270: January 16, 2012, 03:48:15 PM »
In-game heretic doesn't care anyway since other people are apparently more than happy to try to say bad stuff about SA without Garret saying anything, lol?

Oh, and I have so many bad stuff about non-SA people that I'm just itching to send to you......
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271: January 16, 2012, 03:51:36 PM »
Meh, the whole way in which voting was implemented is just a train wreck. I can't believe the way that voting for Regent, of all things, was implemented.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #272: January 19, 2012, 07:21:48 PM »
Ew, this has been going on a while and I'm sad I didn't jump in sooner! With that said, some points:

1) I, personally, love playing a character that's coldly antagonistic towards SA (Halleria). Ever since Springdale (Empire), when it was divided through SA politicizing, to Thulsoma, to Summerdale (which eventually fell under the SA shadow), to Averoth, Caerwyn, and now Asylon. It's been a very fun time, and now Allison has a realm right next to my duchy. Muahahaha.

2) About the issue with Lavendrow and Demyansk --- the thing is, Caerwyn didn't completely fall to Astrum/SA. Itau seceded, Golden Farrow was lost, but Via survived and pledged allegiance to Asylon, thereby carrying whatever remained to the latter realm (regions, claims). It's somewhat similar to the real-world issue on Sabah, Malaysia - the region, which was leased to the British East company (who then included it in the creation of Malaysia), is owned by the Sulu royal family, who are Filipino citizens. Claims supersede nationality/allegiance, but what to do about that, of course, depends wholly on the individual parties.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #273: January 19, 2012, 11:05:04 PM »
Ew, this has been going on a while and I'm sad I didn't jump in sooner! With that said, some points:

1) I, personally, love playing a character that's coldly antagonistic towards SA (Halleria). Ever since Springdale (Empire), when it was divided through SA politicizing, to Thulsoma, to Summerdale (which eventually fell under the SA shadow), to Averoth, Caerwyn, and now Asylon. It's been a very fun time, and now Allison has a realm right next to my duchy. Muahahaha.

2) About the issue with Lavendrow and Demyansk --- the thing is, Caerwyn didn't completely fall to Astrum/SA. Itau seceded, Golden Farrow was lost, but Via survived and pledged allegiance to Asylon, thereby carrying whatever remained to the latter realm (regions, claims). It's somewhat similar to the real-world issue on Sabah, Malaysia - the region, which was leased to the British East company (who then included it in the creation of Malaysia), is owned by the Sulu royal family, who are Filipino citizens. Claims supersede nationality/allegiance, but what to do about that, of course, depends wholly on the individual parties.

Legally speaking you probably have a point. However, Astrum doesn't see it that way, and making this argument would require Asylon to be willing to back up such a claim. I would be surprised if they were. They've already benefited immensely from this turn of events (although having Allison as a new neighbor may come back to haunt them), so it's really not in their interest to sour relations with Astrum and Kabrinskia over a couple of regions that they were willing to sign away to Terran in the first place.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #274: January 19, 2012, 11:15:24 PM »
Legally speaking you probably have a point. However, Astrum doesn't see it that way, and making this argument would require Asylon to be willing to back up such a claim. I would be surprised if they were. They've already benefited immensely from this turn of events (although having Allison as a new neighbor may come back to haunt them), so it's really not in their interest to sour relations with Astrum and Kabrinskia over a couple of regions that they were willing to sign away to Terran in the first place.

Any claim by ex-caerwyns would require the other local realms to acknowledge them. So really it all depends on if Caerwyn becomes a distant irrelevant memory to the remaining realms. Now I'm all the way over in the East, but from what I see most realms have moved on and Caerwyn is largely fogotten.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #275: January 20, 2012, 03:00:05 AM »
The treaty under which a lot of those claims were laid out does not allow Caerwyn nobles to take claims like that. It also did not allow Itaulond to lay claim, as Caerwyn never ceded claim to them. The only way that any realm could make a claim to the land was by making up a new way to do it. At least insofar as any pre-existing document goes. Astrum claimed right of conquest, Terran claimed that the lands were never occupied by Caerwyn, so Astrum could not have been said to have conquered them, and claimed them as "they're close to us, so they're ours". Asylon never really tried to claim farther than the Via duchy by possession, and no one cared to dispute the claim to Via.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #276: January 20, 2012, 03:22:36 AM »
Lets just be happy that Halleria doesn't make the policy regarding Asylons claims, the borders have been settled, we have been magnanimous in our efforts to assure peace in the region. Let also not forget that Asylon has about just as many nobles now as Astrum and a growing economy that is an emerging power in the Messociddens and a strong alliance with Terran. I would say that the image that Astrum has of Asylon being a mere backwater should change, your information is out of date . I know that your leaders have long looked down their noses at what I/we have done for Asylon. It is no matter, we have done it without your help almost every step of the way.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Zakilevo

« Reply #277: January 20, 2012, 03:33:49 AM »
Things are rather becoming boring again. Hope we get another war to fight soon.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #278: January 20, 2012, 03:47:25 AM »
Lets just be happy that Halleria doesn't make the policy regarding Asylons claims, the borders have been settled, we have been magnanimous in our efforts to assure peace in the region. Let also not forget that Asylon has about just as many nobles now as Astrum and a growing economy that is an emerging power in the Messociddens and a strong alliance with Terran. I would say that the image that Astrum has of Asylon being a mere backwater should change, your information is out of date . I know that your leaders have long looked down their noses at what I/we have done for Asylon. It is no matter, we have done it without your help almost every step of the way.
Wee! Free-floating hostility!

Seriously, where the heck did that rant come from? I don't see as how anything I said there about Asylon was negative or disparaging.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #279: January 20, 2012, 03:54:18 AM »

Seriously, where the heck did that rant come from? I don't see as how anything I said there about Asylon was negative or disparaging.

Small {insert here} syndrome maybe.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #280: January 20, 2012, 04:03:24 AM »
Small {insert here} syndrome maybe.

What am I supposed to insert?

A passcode?

Why is it small?
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #281: January 20, 2012, 04:19:42 AM »

Indirik, over the last few months you have been dropping the 'Future conflict between Asylon and Kabrinskia' mentions ever so often in your messages every time Asylon comes up or is mentioned in a Kabrinskia thread. I don't have any ill will towards Astrum/Kabrinskia nor any free floating hostility, I just find dealing with the leadership of Astrum to be a bit on the 'difficult' side. bah make this shorter because I am not actually angry about anything involving Astrum etc. Take it how you want.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 04:31:46 AM by Glaumring »

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #282: January 20, 2012, 04:29:58 AM »
Indirik, over the last few months you have been dropping the 'Future conflict between Asylon and Kabrinskia' mentions ever so often in your messages every time Asylon comes up or is mentioned in a Kabrinskia thread. I don't have any ill will towards Astrum/Kabrinskia nor any free floating hostility, I just find dealing with the leadership of Astrum to be a bit on the arrogant side
I will freely admit that Brance tends to be arrogant and aloof in his dealings with people. Nor does he answer most letters very quickly.

Oh and I sent you an IG message a week or so ago and have yet to get a reply
Letter from Glaumring Apasurain (2 days, 21 hours ago)

Not quite a week.

Can I have the passcode to the cabal?
No. We're a very tight group.

Wait... Which cabal do you want to be a part of? There are quite a few.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #283: January 20, 2012, 04:32:42 AM »
I will freely admit that Brance tends to be arrogant and aloof in his dealings with people. Nor does he answer most letters very quickly.
Letter from Glaumring Apasurain (2 days, 21 hours ago)

Not quite a week.
No. We're a very tight group.

Wait... Which cabal do you want to be a part of? There are quite a few.

Sorry, went and edited my last post because I came off a bit full on, anyways. You have explained your reasoning etc, I understand.

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #284: February 03, 2012, 01:37:25 AM »
Yawn

I'm bored.  Lets go pick a fight somewhere.
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)