Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1031528 times)

Zakilevo

Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #330: February 11, 2012, 04:25:13 AM »
What? A schism, I hear? ;)
We already have a guild house for Occidental Astroism. Time to make a temple out of that! YEAH! Go to hell Oriental Astroism!

Zakilevo

« Reply #331: February 11, 2012, 04:26:12 AM »
Yes, good reasons, but some look suspiciously manufactured ;) Like Virovene, or sending in priests to Storms Keep to incite a revolt against Thulsoma, then blaming Thulsoma for the war.

Regardless, it's fun to be antagonistic towards SA.

Good reasons to convince followers of SA 8)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #332: February 11, 2012, 04:25:08 PM »
We had other reasons for going after Thulsoma, notably that it was at one point one of our theocracies until Haruka moved in and suddenly proclaimed it to be the long lost Saxon homeland...

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #333: February 11, 2012, 05:08:25 PM »
yay for ripping real life religion into a BM religion...

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #334: February 12, 2012, 03:06:45 AM »
I cringed everytime I heard 'Saxon'... It really should have been dealt with by the Gm's it was just so horrid. If it was even a peaceful wonderful realm it should have been destroyed just for being 'saxon'.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #335: February 12, 2012, 03:55:34 AM »
I cringed everytime I heard 'Saxon'... It really should have been dealt with by the Gm's it was just so horrid. If it was even a peaceful wonderful realm it should have been destroyed just for being 'saxon'.

What reason would the titans or Tom have to destroy it simply for having a "saxon"culture? (not GM's mind they fill a different role)
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #336: February 12, 2012, 05:41:53 AM »
If Haruka had the chance to start a realm instead of Thusoma she probably would have called it 'England'.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #337: February 12, 2012, 06:54:50 PM »
If she does, then report it. Titans don't act on rumours of what someone would have done, if they had had the chance to do it.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #338: February 15, 2012, 04:08:02 PM »
Hmm... I wonder what will come of my Death Duel request with Creed.

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #339: February 15, 2012, 04:30:14 PM »
It will likely be ignored.  :)   most death duels seem to go un answered.
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #340: February 15, 2012, 05:29:34 PM »
It would be really nice for the duel to occur. Would make for some great RP no matter what happened.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #341: February 15, 2012, 07:38:56 PM »
The only people who offer death duels usually have maxed out trained characters, most people can't afford that or have young characters that wouldn't be able to last in a duel. I have not sen two high level trained duelists go at it before, but I have seen a lot of trained duelists challenge untrained.

Calanar

• Knight
  • Harbinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #342: February 15, 2012, 07:49:55 PM »
A few years ago when I was starting out, we still had duel to first blood. I saw a duel to the death on FEI between someone with a sword skill of 70-ish and another with about 65-ish. The 65 won. My oldest character lost his mentor to that duel.

There was also the Atamara Dueling Association. With my sword skill at like 20% I challenged people from 40%-70% to first blood... That was a loooong time ago though.
"The first requisite for success is to develop the ability to focus and apply your mental and physical energies to the problem at hand [...]" - Thomas Edison

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #343: February 15, 2012, 08:13:24 PM »
The only people who offer death duels usually have maxed out trained characters, most people can't afford that or have young characters that wouldn't be able to last in a duel. I have not sen two high level trained duelists go at it before, but I have seen a lot of trained duelists challenge untrained.

Not necessarily true. My character has demanded a duel to the death, but I know for sure his swordfighting is lower if not much lower than his opponent. Depending upon the level of offense given, I believe a death duel should be demanded no matter whether or not your chances of winning are good or not. At least if we want to RP correctly.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #344: February 15, 2012, 08:23:54 PM »
I definitely do not have maxed out skills. My character probably has somewhere around 40% swordsman skill, 50% at most.