Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1016299 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #345: February 15, 2012, 09:56:15 PM »
The only people who offer death duels usually have maxed out trained characters, most people can't afford that or have young characters that wouldn't be able to last in a duel. I have not sen two high level trained duelists go at it before, but I have seen a lot of trained duelists challenge untrained.

Sure, if they suck at RP. Duels in general go unanswered and you know why? Because a lot of people assume that only good sword fighters offer duels. Smarter players make use of that to their advantage by offering duels, knowing their is a 80% chance that the action will frighten off the other player.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #346: February 15, 2012, 10:08:05 PM »
Sure, if they suck at RP. Duels in general go unanswered and you know why? Because a lot of people assume that only good sword fighters offer duels. Smarter players make use of that to their advantage by offering duels, knowing their is a 80% chance that the action will frighten off the other player.

That's a hell of a risky strategy. I can see it working fine right up until you mess with the wrong character. Best to limit the number of times you gamble on this.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #347: February 15, 2012, 10:13:20 PM »
That's a hell of a risky strategy. I can see it working fine right up until you mess with the wrong character. Best to limit the number of times you gamble on this.

Then you die, then you make a new character. Not that big of deal. But so far, in the three years I've been doing this, I've never been called out, not once.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #348: February 15, 2012, 10:42:06 PM »
Then you die, then you make a new character. Not that big of deal. But so far, in the three years I've been doing this, I've never been called out, not once.

I'll keep that in mind if one of my characters ever gets challenged to a death duel by a De-Legro  ;)

As for dying I'm not really a fan most of the time. I had a legendary hero once, which was pretty dramatic and cool from the RP perspective the way it went down, but I lost a character with enormous amounts of influence and power, and darn it if I wasn't done enjoying that yet.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #349: February 15, 2012, 11:09:14 PM »
I'll keep that in mind if one of my characters ever gets challenged to a death duel by a De-Legro  ;)

As for dying I'm not really a fan most of the time. I had a legendary hero once, which was pretty dramatic and cool from the RP perspective the way it went down, but I lost a character with enormous amounts of influence and power, and darn it if I wasn't done enjoying that yet.

Just remember that one of my characters actually IS decent with the blade :)

Zakilevo

« Reply #350: February 15, 2012, 11:51:53 PM »
You just have to be a real man like Duregal. He challenged Carlos with 5% and lost. Nothing to be ashamed of and his honour was still intact.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #351: February 16, 2012, 12:06:58 AM »
You just have to be a real man like Duregal. He challenged Carlos with 5% and lost. Nothing to be ashamed of and his honour was still intact.

Besides, he managed to survive so we can have a rematch.

Creed

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #352: February 16, 2012, 01:43:27 AM »
I have finally accomplished one of my goals become the most wanted man on a continent. It was not as hard as I thought . Guess you just got to make the right people anger at you. Now I just need to make it rise to the point where it is the biggest bounty ever.  ;D

Zakilevo

« Reply #353: February 16, 2012, 02:04:43 AM »
I have finally accomplished one of my goals become the most wanted man on a continent. It was not as hard as I thought . Guess you just got to make the right people anger at you. Now I just need to make it rise to the point where it is the biggest bounty ever.  ;D

Doubt you will accomplish that in a short time. The biggest ever was 7000.

Creed

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #354: February 16, 2012, 02:12:43 AM »
Doubt you will accomplish that in a short time. The biggest ever was 7000.

Yeah I know but who knows maybe in the long term I can.

Zakilevo

« Reply #355: February 16, 2012, 02:14:34 AM »
I think once your bounty goes over 1000 people will start to get your head for coins :) It would be interesting to survive all the visitors.

Creed

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #356: February 16, 2012, 02:25:05 AM »
I think once your bounty goes over 1000 people will start to get your head for coins :) It would be interesting to survive all the visitors.

Would make for some awesome RP if I do.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #357: February 16, 2012, 02:45:54 AM »

Lets be reasonable. If we're talking about Dwilight here, you are not the most wanted man on the continent. I can name at least 3 characters who are hated more than yours, and mine is one of them.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #358: February 16, 2012, 02:48:04 AM »
Lets be reasonable. If we're talking about Dwilight here, you are not the most wanted man on the continent. I can name at least 3 characters who are hated more than yours, and mine is one of them.

Has Brom pissed off SA though? Without having all of SA after you, you hardly qualify as wanted on the continent at all.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #359: February 16, 2012, 02:50:48 AM »
Has Brom pissed off SA though? Without having all of SA after you, you hardly qualify as wanted on the continent at all.

I would say that "most wanted" is not a function purely of the number of those wanting you, but also of the "quantity, or quantitative amount of hate" that they have for you. If "most wanted" became a function of both of these, Brom easily qualifies in the top 5.

Also, Brom certainly fought against SA while in Caerwyn, even if he wasn't one of the major players. Brom has people that like him and people that hate him in nearly every cultural region on the continent.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."