Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1016524 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #360: February 16, 2012, 03:37:44 AM »
Lets be reasonable. If we're talking about Dwilight here, you are not the most wanted man on the continent. I can name at least 3 characters who are hated more than yours, and mine is one of them.

Um, what?

I'm sorry, your character is not "most wanted." "Most wanted" in the Lurias maybe. But I'm not sure you realize how isolated the Lurias are: they're just not really a very relevant part of the larger arena of Dwilight yet, not in the way that the Astroist realms, the Moot, or Aurvandil/Madina are.

I find it very interesting that the Dwilight University has become such a conduit for a Dwilight-wide culture and discussion.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Creed

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #361: February 16, 2012, 03:41:59 AM »
I stated my character was the most wanted meaning highest bounty. I never claimed to be the most hated they are to different things. 

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #362: February 16, 2012, 04:07:00 AM »
Not necessarily true. My character has demanded a duel to the death, but I know for sure his swordfighting is lower if not much lower than his opponent. Depending upon the level of offense given, I believe a death duel should be demanded no matter whether or not your chances of winning are good or not. At least if we want to RP correctly.

How much would you like bet on this assumption? Have you ever seen your opponent in a tournament or other indication of his skill? You might be surprised at just who is the better swordsman unless you have something more then speculation to back up those claims.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #363: February 16, 2012, 04:08:06 AM »
Um, what?

I'm sorry, your character is not "most wanted." "Most wanted" in the Lurias maybe. But I'm not sure you realize how isolated the Lurias are: they're just not really a very relevant part of the larger arena of Dwilight yet, not in the way that the Astroist realms, the Moot, or Aurvandil/Madina are.

I find it very interesting that the Dwilight University has become such a conduit for a Dwilight-wide culture and discussion.

My character is NOT most wanted. I said he was on the list. He's also not been confined to the Lurias. He has been elsewhere, and enemies he has made have also moved to different locations. I'd say each cultural location gets to put at least one noble in the top 5, and in the top 10, would be very interesting to see personally. My character is top 2 in Luria, and possibly mentionable elsewhere, depending on who you ask. Then again, my enemies elsewhere may no longer be playing the game in Dwilight, i simply don't know, due to the way cultural isolation works.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #364: February 16, 2012, 04:08:53 AM »
How much would you like bet on this assumption? Have you ever seen your opponent in a tournament or other indication of his skill? You might be surprised at just who is the better swordsman unless you have something more then speculation to back up those claims.

I can 100% guarantee that Brom does not have a greater skill than his opponent. Although it is possible they have the same skill.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #365: February 16, 2012, 04:10:18 AM »
I can 100% guarantee that Brom does not have a greater skill than his opponent. Although it is possible they have the same skill.

Again you are assuming. Firstly you are assuming that because you use cavalry and didn't explicitly train the skill, that yours has never increased. Secondly you are assuming that both characters started at the same base skill level. You can't 100% guarantee it cause you have no idea what level your opponents skill started at or what gains he has made.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 04:14:22 AM by De-Legro »

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #366: February 16, 2012, 04:21:04 AM »
Again you are assuming. Firstly you are assuming that because you use cavalry and didn't explicitly train the skill, that yours has never increased. Secondly you are assuming that both characters started at the same base skill level. You can't 100% guarantee it cause you have no idea what level your opponents skill started at or what gains he has made.

If I know what mine is, and its the lowest you can have then yes I do. But, perhaps I'm just wrong on how the code works. (But I do know how much Brom has even though he hasn't trained it).

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #367: February 16, 2012, 04:28:07 AM »
If I know what mine is, and its the lowest you can have then yes I do. But, perhaps I'm just wrong on how the code works. (But I do know how much Brom has even though he hasn't trained it).

Or perhaps you just don't know as much as you think you do.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #368: February 16, 2012, 05:27:26 AM »
Or perhaps you just don't know as much as you think you do.

Seems to be the case quite often. But we're off topic yet again. At any rate, the point of the matter is that not everyone that requests duels to the death has a high swordfighting and that doing so solely for RP reasons is the best way to do so, even if one may lose or even has a high likelihood of losing. To not do so because "a character might die" just seems wrong in my opinion.

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #369: February 16, 2012, 05:29:40 AM »
My character is NOT most wanted. I said he was on the list. He's also not been confined to the Lurias. He has been elsewhere, and enemies he has made have also moved to different locations. I'd say each cultural location gets to put at least one noble in the top 5, and in the top 10, would be very interesting to see personally. My character is top 2 in Luria, and possibly mentionable elsewhere, depending on who you ask. Then again, my enemies elsewhere may no longer be playing the game in Dwilight, i simply don't know, due to the way cultural isolation works.

Hmm....

I don't think anybody from the Moot realms would make the list. :/ We don't really make many enemies.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #370: February 16, 2012, 05:33:30 AM »
Has Brom pissed off SA though? Without having all of SA after you, you hardly qualify as wanted on the continent at all.

We mostly don't even know who he is, let alone why he should be hated. The Lurias were almost entirely off of our radar until Solari recently decided to introduce SA to Solaria. I now eagerly anticipate us getting sucked into Lurian intrigues at some future time. Heck, with Madina undergoing a deathbed conversion at the moment it's suddenly within the realm of possibility that SA will permeate the entire continent, though I'm sure the south is unlikely to ever be as committed to it as the northern realms are.

Hmm....

I don't think anybody from the Moot realms would make the list. :/ We don't really make many enemies.

If anyone from the Moot's going to pull it off it will be Hireshmont.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #371: February 16, 2012, 05:38:51 AM »
We mostly don't even know who he is, let alone why he should be hated. The Lurias were almost entirely off of our radar until Solari recently decided to introduce SA to Solaria. I now eagerly anticipate us getting sucked into Lurian intrigues at some future time. Heck, with Madina undergoing a deathbed conversion at the moment it's suddenly within the realm of possibility that SA will permeate the entire continent, though I'm sure the south is unlikely to ever be as committed to it as the northern realms are.

If you want to get sucked into Lurian intrigues you better help Brom stay in the Lurias. Otherwise, you'll lose at least 50% of your intrigue right there. In fact, I'm not sure how much intrigue has happened in the Lurias that Brom didn't have at least some small finger in. (Very few players would actually know the # of stuff he's been involved in, so consider that if you want to disagree with this statement)

Anyway, yes it seems SA has finally managed to start reaching into all of Dwilight. Just means they'll implode ever earlier.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #372: February 16, 2012, 05:46:07 AM »
If you want to get sucked into Lurian intrigues you better help Brom stay in the Lurias. Otherwise, you'll lose at least 50% of your intrigue right there.

You need to give us an IC reason first.

Anyway, yes it seems SA has finally managed to start reaching into all of Dwilight. Just means they'll implode ever earlier.

Perhaps, but won't that be fun if it happens? Even more fun the longer it takes.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #373: February 16, 2012, 05:47:34 AM »
You need to give us an IC reason first.

Perhaps, but won't that be fun if it happens? Even more fun the longer it takes.

That can be arranged. I can also arrange the whole piss off SA in one go thing as well. Still working out the details. As far as I can tell, anything negative against the prophet would do the trick.

And absolutely yes.

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #374: February 16, 2012, 06:21:30 AM »

But he's so charming....