Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1016238 times)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #375: February 16, 2012, 07:06:56 AM »
But he's so charming....

So is Brom...I honestly have no idea why he is hated...
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #376: February 16, 2012, 07:17:11 AM »
I have no idea why anyone would hate Allison.   ::)

I think her infamy is mostly limited to the SA arena though. 
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #377: February 16, 2012, 07:20:19 AM »
I have no idea why anyone would hate Allison.   ::)

I think her infamy is mostly limited to the SA arena though.

Envy Dustole, it is just sad sad envy.

After all not every noble can have such a curvy rear end.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #378: February 16, 2012, 08:00:07 AM »
Envy Dustole, it is just sad sad envy.

After all not every noble can have such a curvy rear end.

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth :o
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #379: February 16, 2012, 02:32:45 PM »
I find it very interesting that the Dwilight University has become such a conduit for a Dwilight-wide culture and discussion.
I'm finding the University to be an extreme disappointment. As soon as I return to Libidizedd, I'm fairly certain I will leave it, and tear down the guildhouse.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #380: February 16, 2012, 02:56:42 PM »
That can be arranged. I can also arrange the whole piss off SA in one go thing as well. Still working out the details. As far as I can tell, anything negative against the prophet would do the trick.
I think that you'd find it a bit harder to do that than you think it would be. Quite a few followers of SA have a very pragmatic view of things.  Especially when it comes to non-believers. We can recognize when we're being provoked n purpose. And we're quite used to people trying to manipulate us.

There are, of course, certain hotheads (Branthorpe :P ) who will instantly start foaming at the mouth at any opportunity.

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #381: February 16, 2012, 03:13:48 PM »
I don't know, I'm sure saying Mathurin had a bad hair day can incite a crusade.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #382: February 16, 2012, 03:19:03 PM »
I'm finding the University to be an extreme disappointment. As soon as I return to Libidizedd, I'm fairly certain I will leave it, and tear down the guildhouse.

Why? It's mostly harmless, and it is probably the guild with the most widely disseminated membership.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #383: February 16, 2012, 04:06:06 PM »
The latest round of ridiculous discussions about theocracies irritated me. But I can live with that. Knowing how the University was founded, I expected it to be nothing more than a ego-trip for Bowie. I wasn't disappointed. But, again, I can live with that.

I think what really killed it was this comment: " I would ask you to refrain your butt kissing to the halls of SA if you could." This was a comment from a council member in one realm. The guild elders took no action whatsoever to censure or curb such absolutely ridiculous behavior. That comment, and the exchanges over the duel challenges which followed, and the way the whole thing is handled really kills it for me. The fact that the guild lets such things occur, and doesn't do anything about it. Seriously? The general of a realm tells the duke of another realm to stop kissing ass, then says he won't duel over it because there's no personal gain in it for him, and no one in the guild even blinks? For me, that just kills the entire atmosphere of the guild, and the game. It's the same kind of crap that made me give up leading SA, and dropping all the way down to an aspirant rank.

If I hadn't already been traveling away from Libidizedd when the whole thing started, I probably would have already left and torn down the guildhouse. I just don't have any patience for that kind of crap. It's not just that people do it, but that everyone else let's them get away with it. People that act like that should be kicked out and ostracized.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #384: February 16, 2012, 04:22:01 PM »
The latest round of ridiculous discussions about theocracies irritated me. But I can live with that. Knowing how the University was founded, I expected it to be nothing more than a ego-trip for Bowie. I wasn't disappointed. But, again, I can live with that.

I think what really killed it was this comment: " I would ask you to refrain your butt kissing to the halls of SA if you could." This was a comment from a council member in one realm. The guild elders took no action whatsoever to censure or curb such absolutely ridiculous behavior. That comment, and the exchanges over the duel challenges which followed, and the way the whole thing is handled really kills it for me. The fact that the guild lets such things occur, and doesn't do anything about it. Seriously? The general of a realm tells the duke of another realm to stop kissing ass, then says he won't duel over it because there's no personal gain in it for him, and no one in the guild even blinks? For me, that just kills the entire atmosphere of the guild, and the game. It's the same kind of crap that made me give up leading SA, and dropping all the way down to an aspirant rank.

If I hadn't already been traveling away from Libidizedd when the whole thing started, I probably would have already left and torn down the guildhouse. I just don't have any patience for that kind of crap. It's not just that people do it, but that everyone else let's them get away with it. People that act like that should be kicked out and ostracized.

Well, people did blink, there were a few duel challenges. I don't think anyone would be extremely unhappy to see the duels occur. Now, if the recipient is too much of a coward to accept the challenges.....

Creed

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #385: February 16, 2012, 04:29:00 PM »
Well, people did blink, there were a few duel challenges. I don't think anyone would be extremely unhappy to see the duels occur. Now, if the recipient is too much of a coward to accept the challenges.....

Well before you all go calling me a coward I did accept one death duel in private and am waiting for a response. So don't go around calling people cowards if you dont know all the facts.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #386: February 16, 2012, 04:37:00 PM »
Well before you all go calling me a coward I did accept one death duel in private and am waiting for a response. So don't go around calling people cowards if you dont know all the facts.

Sorry, I meant the comment as a semi-IC taunt. I have no problem with you accepting or not the challenges. I've refused challenges before myself (and people can legitimately call that character a coward).

Creed

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #387: February 16, 2012, 04:40:34 PM »
Sorry, I meant the comment as a semi-IC taunt. I have no problem with you accepting or not the challenges. I've refused challenges before myself (and people can legitimately call that character a coward).

Well My character sword skill is pretty high. One of the people that challenged me to the death duel was my own cousin in real life. lol

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #388: February 16, 2012, 04:40:51 PM »
The person making these statements was challenged by a couple people to death duels. He replied that he wouldn't accept the challenges, regardless of the insults and cries of cowardice, unless he could get some personal gain out of it. Something like "unless I can personally profit from killing you" or something like that. The fact that the leaders of the guild did not take issue with this is unacceptable to me. There were just a few calls from some members to "take it to personal messages". Nothing like "It is unacceptable for such a prestigious noble, a council member no less, to display such ignoble behavior, and it will not be tolerated in the University." Which, to me, is the minimum that the guild should do.

This is not "mostly harmless". I consider this type of playing to be detrimental to the game atmosphere. It is behavior that should not be allowed out of any noble, let alone the council member of a realm. To insult a foreign duke in such a manner and refuse to accept the resulting multiple duel challenges. The fact that the Dwilight University is such a widespread, multi-realm guild only makes it worse. The improper behavior is therefore more widespread.

It is up to the players to uphold the atmosphere of the game. Since the DU appears to me to be detrimental to the atmosphere of the game, and personally unacceptable to Brance, I'm going to remove it from Libidizedd. Brance hasn't decided yet if he will ban it from Astrum completely. It will be a few weeks until I can return to Libidizedd to do it, though. We'll see if the DU manages to redeem itself before then.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #389: February 16, 2012, 04:46:11 PM »
Well My character sword skill is pretty high. One of the people that challenged me to the death duel was my own cousin in real life. lol

Was? I had no idea you took BM so seriously.....  ;)