Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1016084 times)

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #420: February 17, 2012, 04:29:45 AM »
What's wrong with dueling over insults? I don't get the issue here. Then again, like the incident in the University, I've come late to this discussion....
Ironsides Family, mainly East Continent and Dwilight. I dip my toe into Atamara here and there

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #421: February 17, 2012, 04:33:04 AM »
I've many times thought a Seminary of sorts would be a neat thing for SA.

Does SA really need more propaganda/indoctrination?
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #422: February 17, 2012, 04:35:37 AM »
Perhaps if the University truly lacks in living up to everything it really could be (and I think it has in some ways, the wiki stuff and essays, etc are pretty neat) it is time that some competing Universities were founded?
If only there were 96 hours in a day... I already have my finger in more pies than I can handle.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #423: February 17, 2012, 04:36:18 AM »
Does SA really need more propaganda/indoctrination?
Yes.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #424: February 17, 2012, 04:48:56 AM »
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #425: February 17, 2012, 04:59:30 AM »
Not everyone loves SA, thus yes, SA needs more propaganda, or more successful propaganda, or some cruise missiles/unmanned drones.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #426: February 17, 2012, 05:01:20 AM »
Not everyone loves SA, thus yes, SA needs more propaganda, or more successful propaganda, or some cruise missiles/unmanned drones.

"So Sayeth we all"

"So Sayeth we all," the congregation repeats...

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #427: February 17, 2012, 06:16:28 AM »
As if the Holy Prophet of Sanguis Astroism could debate theology as an equal with, oh, anyone. The whole tone and content of Moritz's was actually a rather clever insult.

Not for an Astroist, but for non-Astroists his word has little spiritual authority.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

egamma

« Reply #428: February 17, 2012, 06:18:14 AM »
Not for an Astroist, but for non-Astroists his word has little spiritual authority.

Think of him like the Pope. Even if you're Mormon or Jewish or (insert non-Catholic here), you gotta give the leader of a billion people the respect he's due.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #429: February 17, 2012, 06:20:13 AM »
Think of him like the Pope. Even if you're Mormon or Jewish or (insert non-Catholic here), you gotta give the leader of a billion people the respect he's due.

Respect, and deference to his ideas are two vastly different things.

egamma

« Reply #430: February 17, 2012, 06:21:18 AM »
Respect, and deference to his ideas are two vastly different things.

Calling the Pope a "student" wouldn't go over very well.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #431: February 17, 2012, 06:29:48 AM »
Calling the Pope a "student" wouldn't go over very well.

Don't know about the context in the DU, nor I was arguing about his political power. It would be foolish to make enemies with such a powerful man, unless you really profited from such. The point I was making is that he can talk about theology with superiority to any Astroist, but the same does not applies to non-astroists. The Pope cannot hope to have his word followed with more reverence by a Jew than any random Rabbi. The Jew might possibly consider him an enlightened person, he could fear his power, but ultimately he thinks the Pope is wrong and disagrees on at least a few things.

So, yes, the Prophet of Sanguis Astroism could discuss theology in the same level of many people. Specially if it was abstract non-SA specific theology. Which I don't know if it is the case, of course, but assume it since it's the DU and not the Church of SA.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #432: February 17, 2012, 06:38:55 AM »
Are you guys forgetting that Moritz is also a prophet of his own religion?
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Zakilevo

« Reply #433: February 17, 2012, 06:40:15 AM »

Perfect. We can shove a stick up in his... and show him who is the real prophet.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #434: February 17, 2012, 06:48:37 AM »
You all miss the point. In character the prophet of the continents largest, most powerful religion is likely going to have a massive reason to believe they have superior theological knowledge. Would people from other religions agree? Probably not but by the same token he, and the religion he heads aren't going to think that anyone can argue theology on a equal footing, which was the point of the original post. To call such a figure a mere "student" in term of theology is a massive insult to the Prophet and the religion in general. This isn't the modern age remember, it is unlikely that most religions consider others to have any validity, or respect the knowledge of their priests.

Yup the smalles religion on the island by all metrics, fewest temples, fewest noble followers, fewest peasant followers. Chances are it barely even registers on the radar of greater SA.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.