Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1016779 times)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #495: February 23, 2012, 10:45:38 PM »
Nobody negotiated a deal.  Creed foolishly tried to commit Morek to a course of action Busto wasn't willing to pursue, and Malus didn't "offer" anything except religious tolerance.  There seriously wasn't a deal.  There was a period where PeL was pursuing any savior it could find, and people probably caught the stench of desperation.  That doesn't mean Malus was running around slamming doors.

I'm guessing he would have if he could. Still trying to figure out what really happened between Malus and the Zuma, of if he just made a VERY good guess.

If you did it, then I would imagine you would get a fair bit of OOC hatred from some people. But then killing a realm does that, running a successful war can do that etc. If you want to ensure no one gets mad with you OOC best bet is to be a silent knight.

Also all of Luria won't hate Malus, Solaria will still loves him. If the rest of Luria doesn't at least despise him he really isn't doing much of a job at being a aggressive self centred tyrant.

Meh, there is a difference between people getting mad at me OOC for killing their favorite realm, (bye Pian...) and people saying that I'm cheating, or abusing the system, etc... But yes I know all about the whole aggressive-self-centered tyrant thing. Its a blast.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #496: February 23, 2012, 11:41:59 PM »
I'm guessing he would have if he could. Still trying to figure out what really happened between Malus and the Zuma, of if he just made a VERY good guess.

Partly because people aren't as secretive as they imagine, and partly that given enough pieces of disparate news, anyone can string together an explanation.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #497: February 23, 2012, 11:45:47 PM »
Partly because people aren't as secretive as they imagine, and partly that given enough pieces of disparate news, anyone can string together an explanation.

In other words, when a noble is vocal and been around for a while, it is often trivial to work out which way they might jump when desperate. Once you can make that link, then you can start collecting the information required. It was rather obvious that PeL would start reaching out to every power they though might be able to assist them. Given Brom's RP'd personality, it was also obvious he would undertake much of that effort himself, and that he might not be that worried about exactly WHERE the assistance came from.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #498: February 24, 2012, 12:39:57 AM »
Nobody negotiated a deal.  Creed foolishly tried to commit Morek to a course of action Busto wasn't willing to pursue, and Malus didn't "offer" anything except religious tolerance.  There seriously wasn't a deal.  There was a period where PeL was pursuing any savior it could find, and people probably caught the stench of desperation.  That doesn't mean Malus was running around slamming doors.

Religious tolerance alone is generally enough to make us delighted, especially when its in an area that had been closed off to us before. You certainly nullified any slim chance there might have been of Morek shifting itself off the couch to potentially intervene.

Creed

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #499: February 24, 2012, 03:55:47 AM »

You know I was really trying to get Morek to destroy Solaria and make PeL our slave state I even came up with a way for us to insure that PeL never betrayed us. I was going to put Morek loyal nobles as the Dukes of PeLs city's.  But I am stuck with a bunch of religious freaks in my realm plus I think Pierre von Genf was jealous that what took him 4 years to do I was going to do in a week. He gave me the hardest time in the inner council I wanted to death duel him but people told me priest don't duel so kind of scraped that idea.

I had the nobles to support it but not the important ones. If only I got Busto to join in on it with me and I could have had a slave state. Now I am barred pretty much from ever holding a official position in Morek anymore.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 03:58:32 AM by Creed »

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #500: February 24, 2012, 03:57:09 AM »
You know I was really trying to get Morek to destroy Solaria and make PeL our slave state I even came up with a way for us to insure that PeL never betrayed us. I was going to put Morek loyal nobles as the Dukes of PeLs city's.  But I am stuck with a bunch of religious freaks in my realm plus I think Pierre von Genf was jealous that what took him 4 years to do I was going to do in a week. . 

I had the nobles to support it but not the important ones. If only I got Busto to join in on it with me and I could have had a slave state. Now I am barred pretty much from ever holding a official position in Morek anymore.

You do realize, you can't make Pian a slave state unless we accept that right?
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #501: February 24, 2012, 04:00:12 AM »
That would be like saying did he realise he wanted to destroy the only Lurian realm that already allowed SA to preach and had a SA ruler :)

Creed

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #502: February 24, 2012, 04:04:08 AM »
You do realize, you can't make Pian a slave state unless we accept that right?

Well it was accept our terms or die and I thought the terms I was going to give you was pretty sweet. You could keep your government and religion and what not but SA priest would be allowed to preach and build temples if PeL region lords agreed to it and we where going to get all of your land back from you. Which meant we were going to destroy Solaria and if you did not accept I was going to invade you anyways and find a noble in your realm that would accept the terms.   

Creed

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #503: February 24, 2012, 04:06:01 AM »
That would be like saying did he realise he wanted to destroy the only Lurian realm that already allowed SA to preach and had a SA ruler :)

You do realize that SA kicked me out for so called heresy.?

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #504: February 24, 2012, 04:06:31 AM »
Well it was accept our terms or die and I thought the terms I was going to give you was pretty sweet. You could keep your government and religion and what not but SA priest would be allowed to preach and build temples if PeL region lords agreed to it and we where going to get all of your land back from you. Which meant we were going to destroy Solaria and if you did not accept I was going to invade you anyways and find a noble in your realm that would accept the terms.   

Instead you were relegated to clearing out monsters for Solaria. I think one character might be a bit delusional about what kind of authority he has.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #505: February 24, 2012, 04:07:57 AM »
You do realize that SA kicked me out for so called heresy.?

And? Common sense says the Morek Theocracy is probably going to at least stay neutral in a conflict that has a SA ruler unless that ruler has done some serious damage to the religion.

Creed

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #506: February 24, 2012, 04:10:11 AM »
Instead you were relegated to clearing out monsters for Solaria. I think one character might be a bit delusional about what kind of authority he has.

Well some nobles wanted to do that I never went down to clear out monsters but you are correct the Ordermarshal position in Morek right now does not have that much power. You just sit around most of the time. There really is not that much to do in morek right now.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #507: February 24, 2012, 04:19:06 AM »

Are we talking about Brom or Creed? ;)

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #508: February 24, 2012, 06:08:23 PM »
I am liking the fact that my priests and I can preach in D'hara and they can't do anything about it.
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

egamma

« Reply #509: February 25, 2012, 05:19:57 AM »
I am liking the fact that my priests and I can preach in D'hara and they can't do anything about it.

Don't be too sure about that. Preaching is allowed in Port Raviel, but if I hear about you preaching in Raviel...I'll have my knight arrest your priest.