Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1027943 times)

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #510: February 25, 2012, 07:01:04 AM »
Don't be too sure about that. Preaching is allowed in Port Raviel, but if I hear about you preaching in Raviel...I'll have my knight arrest your priest.

I'm pretty sure you can't arrest without a war declaration...
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #511: February 25, 2012, 08:31:37 AM »
I'm pretty sure you can't arrest without a war declaration...

Are you sure about that?
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #512: February 25, 2012, 11:01:12 AM »
Would it matter? SA will just declare war and destroy D'Hara, heh.

Chaotrance13

« Reply #513: February 25, 2012, 03:23:17 PM »
I believe as long as your unit is set to Police, the "arrest a Priest" option comes up under Orders. But then, I've only had the option to arrest priests of my own realm on stable. Haven't had the opportunity to try it on foreign priests yet.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #514: February 25, 2012, 03:35:01 PM »
You can only arrest a priest of your own realm, or a realm with which you are at war. Religious affiliation, of either the priest or arresting noble, is not a factor.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #515: February 25, 2012, 04:17:46 PM »
Wop wop.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #516: February 25, 2012, 07:23:30 PM »
That should be changed in my opinion for exactly this reason, D'hara doesn't want the priests preaching in their lands but without declaring war over you can't arrest. I would think even it wouldn't matter what the diplomacy is, if there is a noble breaking the laws there should be consequences.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

egamma

« Reply #517: February 25, 2012, 09:11:54 PM »
You can only arrest a priest of your own realm, or a realm with which you are at war. Religious affiliation, of either the priest or arresting noble, is not a factor.

So you can arrest your own realm-mate, but not that of a foreign realm? That should be changed.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #518: February 25, 2012, 09:20:16 PM »
So you can arrest your own realm-mate, but not that of a foreign realm? That should be changed.

I agree. Being able to arrest nobles from other realms that are in your realm would be a great catalyst for conflict.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #519: February 25, 2012, 09:43:49 PM »
I agree. Being able to arrest nobles from other realms that are in your realm would be a great catalyst for conflict.

Indeed.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #520: February 25, 2012, 10:20:49 PM »

You mean as opposed to just declaring a conflict so you can arrest the priest in the first place?
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #521: February 25, 2012, 10:27:53 PM »
You mean as opposed to just declaring a conflict so you can arrest the priest in the first place?

Declaring war just so you can arrest a priest is a pretty extreme step. It also makes no sense that you can't just arrest any priest anywhere. If you're in the vicinity and you have a bunch of armed men backing you up, you ought to be able to try. Just like you can loot allied territory.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #522: February 25, 2012, 10:31:56 PM »
Declaring war just so you can arrest a priest is a pretty extreme step. It also makes no sense that you can't just arrest any priest anywhere. If you're in the vicinity and you have a bunch of armed men backing you up, you ought to be able to try. Just like you can loot allied territory.

Arresting a noble from a realm you have no declared conflict with doesn't make a whole lot of sense either, just like you won't arrest neutral knights passing through your territory. If a priest is preaching without permission you already have everything you need for conflict, some angry letters to the ruler of the other realm, and perhaps the head of the religion would probably be a good start.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #523: February 25, 2012, 10:52:39 PM »
As De-Legro already, you have what you need to start a conflict. Go ahead and declare it openly. What it appears to me is that you want to do whatever you feel like doing, and make the *other* guy declare the war. i.e you don't want to be the one to push the "declare war" link.

If they are preaching in your realm, then you go preach in their realm. Or stab the priest. Or go loot their realm. Get their allies to put pressure on them to stop. Cancel your peace treaties. Get your allies to do the same. Force your lords to sack their temples in your lands, or close them down altogether. Persecute their followers. Have your priests foment unrest and uprisings in their lands.

You have options. Use them.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #524: February 26, 2012, 12:14:46 AM »
As De-Legro already, you have what you need to start a conflict. Go ahead and declare it openly. What it appears to me is that you want to do whatever you feel like doing, and make the *other* guy declare the war. i.e you don't want to be the one to push the "declare war" link.

Uh... right back at you:

What it appears to me is that you want to do whatever you feel like doing, and make the *other* guy declare the war. i.e you don't want to be the one to push the "declare war" link.

Seriously, it goes both ways. However, by allowing realms to arrest priests it allows for a nice showdown. Sure, we're going to send our priest in to start converting. Arrest him. I dare you. If you do, instant Casus Belli. Does the small realm take the risk of offending the larger by arresting their priest? Does the small realm with good relations and powerful allies try to send their priest into a larger realm. I think allowing it adds a really nice political dynamic to the game.

If they are preaching in your realm, then you go preach in their realm. Or stab the priest. Or go loot their realm. Get their allies to put pressure on them to stop. Cancel your peace treaties. Get your allies to do the same. Force your lords to sack their temples in your lands, or close them down altogether. Persecute their followers. Have your priests foment unrest and uprisings in their lands.

You have options. Use them.

No one is saying there aren't already options. Of course there are. All I was saying is that this would be a really cool option to have also.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)