Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1017569 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #540: February 27, 2012, 01:54:59 AM »
Perhaps, but only if it didn't destroy the inventive to actually preach. I think that given the present difficulty for most religions to even get priests (How many religions have only 1 priest?) that making things harder then they already are to preach in other realms would pretty much kill it. In the 4 religions I've had priest in we already "couldn't" preach outside of "allowed" regions, on threat of being banned by our realm. Add in a simple button press to "combat" the few priest that do preach were they want to, and I can't see the practise surviving at all.

I really don't see either case as working to produce wars though, unless the religion is backed up by a realm. Most times I see this sort of thing, the realm just disowns the priest, since really why would they go to war over religion unless it is a theocracy or the ruler happens to share the religion. People SHOULD care that one of their nobles is arrested, but the dominant attitude tends to be, well he was preaching where he shouldn't.

Precisely. Priests were being arrested left and right, and nobody ever raised a fuss about it. It meant that religions has no means to cross borders, because they'd be arrested on sight and their realm would not defend them.

It not requires a lot more muscle to keep priests out, which is necessary for the priest game.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

egamma

« Reply #541: February 27, 2012, 08:30:31 PM »

You can catch an infiltrator in the midst of committing a crime. 

But preaching is a crime in Keplerstan, the game mechanics simply don't recognize that.

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #542: February 27, 2012, 08:35:57 PM »
But preaching is a crime in Keplerstan, the game mechanics simply don't recognize that.

But preaching involves commoners.  You would tell a noble that he has no right to speak to a commoner?  I was under the impression that a Noble can do whatever they like to commoners.  An infiltrator's actions are against the nobility.  Be it changing road signs, attacking a noble or stealing gold.  Now, if a priest were to cause the commoners to rise up against the nobility, that is a crime and it can very easily result in the priest getting sent to jail.
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #543: February 27, 2012, 10:09:18 PM »
You would tell a noble that he has no right to speak to a commoner?

If what they're speaking is heresy against the Almighty? Absolutely. I don't care who they're talking to. If you're spewing blasphemy against the Holy Church, you're lucky to just be locked and not burnt at the stake!
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #544: February 27, 2012, 10:12:27 PM »

Obviously the underlying conventions of acceptable Noble behaviour overrule the quaint and slightly backwards local laws of Keplerstan.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #545: February 27, 2012, 10:19:21 PM »
There are things that the game will not let you do, because it would make a for a not-so-good game. Like randomly arresting any noble you feel like arresting. Or banning/executing any random prisoner of war. Or banning or executing any random noble belonging to an other realm. Or allowing game mechanics to enforce any arbitrary law that your realm may pass.

These are things which you theoretically could very well do, were this Real Life. But it's not. So the range of actions you can take are limited, in order to make a good game experience for everyone.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #546: March 03, 2012, 07:37:17 PM »
You know, having the player of Twinblade in my realm is good/bad.  He is a great Marshal and will be a great General since he is a shoe in for the next election, but how long until I have a rebellion in my realm?  At least it brings some potential fun to Kabrinskia.
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #547: March 03, 2012, 08:16:44 PM »
You know, having the player of Twinblade in my realm is good/bad.  He is a great Marshal and will be a great General since he is a shoe in for the next election, but how long until I have a rebellion in my realm?  At least it brings some potential fun to Kabrinskia.

He's back?
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #548: March 03, 2012, 09:18:51 PM »

ooo.... wow. Yup. Just checked through the nobles. He's back. Interesting.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #549: March 03, 2012, 11:00:00 PM »
ooo.... wow. Yup. Just checked through the nobles. He's back. Interesting.

Isn't he the guy who played half a realm...?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #550: March 03, 2012, 11:14:56 PM »
Isn't he the guy who played half a realm...?

More like half of two realms.

He was half of Irombrozia (the half that favored rejecting peace with Riombara back when Irombrozia appeared to be winning and maybe could have had peace) and about 2/3 of Aquilegia.

He doomed Irombrozia before he even closed his accounts; but he killed Aquilegia when he left.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #551: March 04, 2012, 12:57:42 AM »
More like half of two realms.

He was half of Irombrozia (the half that favored rejecting peace with Riombara back when Irombrozia appeared to be winning and maybe could have had peace) and about 2/3 of Aquilegia.

He doomed Irombrozia before he even closed his accounts; but he killed Aquilegia when he left.

Well, had we not been gangbanged by *all* of the western realms, his gamble would have paid off and Rio would be dead. Or had we had a bit more help in fending off the West. Or maybe had I not went on vacation during a crucial moment in the war.

Regardless.

Though nothing justifies cheating, I did otherwise find him to be an enjoyable player to deal with. Particularily his heenite character...

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #552: March 04, 2012, 02:25:33 AM »
Indeed, he was (is, I guess) enjoyable personally to play alongside.

And behold, we have hijacked the thread. Again.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #553: March 04, 2012, 03:37:35 AM »
Indeed, he was (is, I guess) enjoyable personally to play alongside.

And behold, we have hijacked the thread. Again.

Indeed, we are threadjacking again.

But that being said, any reason to believe it's the same guy? I mean, Twinblade isn't such a farfetched name for anyone trying to make one up. Could just be someone else who thought of the same name.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #554: March 04, 2012, 03:58:53 AM »
No, it's him. He hangs out on IRC quite a bit. He's not trying to hide the fact that he's back.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.