Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1016962 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #675: March 21, 2012, 05:43:54 PM »
Well, just to let you know, it's your fault it's going slow. :) Not that you would know that. I'm just sayin'...

lol, seriously?

Here I am publicly accusing Allison of being an oath-breaker, accusing her of invading Terran, trying to instigate fights between Kabrinskian traders and Terran soldiers, and openly developing an alliance against Kabrinskia... and I'm making conflict come slower?

:o

I believe that you're telling the truth; I just don't understand how. After this all goes down, a "behind the scenes" would be great.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #676: March 21, 2012, 05:57:24 PM »
Funny how things happen, isn't it?

But yeah, there are some interesting questions that we all have, and just can't ask right now. Even OOC I don't want to know, because I don't want to spoil the suspense/surprise.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #677: March 22, 2012, 01:22:12 AM »
I know of two major conflicts brewing, but nobody else seems to be wanting to help them boil over. I tell ya, trying to start a war on your own is tricky business.

In the Lurias war seek you ;)
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #678: March 22, 2012, 01:43:25 AM »
In the Lurias war seek you ;)

Brom was heading over to the west, he should be able to help get a war going. God knows he caused enough in the east, intentionally and unintentionally.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #679: March 22, 2012, 03:51:17 AM »
Brom was heading over to the west, he should be able to help get a war going. God knows he caused enough in the east, intentionally and unintentionally.

Don't worry it was all intentional. I mean 5 rebellions/assassinations don't just start themselves.

So who is wanting war? It can be arranged...
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #680: March 22, 2012, 04:11:17 AM »
Don't worry it was all intentional. I mean 5 rebellions/assassinations don't just start themselves.

So who is wanting war? It can be arranged...

So the only unintentional part was the fact they all failed? Or did you truly plan that assassinating a King and then blaming another realm would result in the death of your own realm?
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #681: March 22, 2012, 04:13:42 AM »
So the only unintentional part was the fact they all failed? Or did you truly plan that assassinating a King and then blaming another realm would result in the death of your own realm?

Yes.

Albeit that was just bad timing. If I had known y'all were trying to have us killed before I even did any of that, I would have just asked Fulco and Malus for help planning it anyway.

Although, to be fair, they didn't all fail. I had a lot of fun running them, and I remained in power for a long time. Not to mention getting away with 4 out of 5 seems like a pretty good streak imho.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #682: March 25, 2012, 10:35:47 AM »
Hey, Gustav got grouped up with Allison as a troublemaker. Not fair! all he did was share decisions from the Elder Council, exactly as he said he would when he was voted in. >_<

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #683: March 25, 2012, 02:27:14 PM »
I'm glad you did. Someone needs to do it. There's no law or convention that says the elder council is private/secret.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #684: March 25, 2012, 05:39:50 PM »
So SA is declaring open season for preaching.

This may get very interesting.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #685: March 25, 2012, 09:02:14 PM »
Pierre and Busto promised to support the measure and then they decided not to vote.  Pierre thought he could suspend a vote and so some of the other Elders didn't vote.   In the end, no one voted against it and it passed.  Even the two most outspoken Elders against it.  Labell and Medugnatos didn't vote against it.   

In the end, the other Elders apathy and ignorance made them look bad.    SA has 13 priests and all the other religions combined have only 9.  Some SA people are freaking out about this but they don't realize that having 99% of the commoners in a region following your faith and having temples in a region and every region around it make it almost impossible for a foreign priest to make any sort of headway preaching in an SA region.
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #686: March 25, 2012, 10:02:06 PM »
That's a very slanted and biased view of the events. The proposed amendment was not worded the way it was presented to Busto and Brance. Whether or not it "passed" is also debatable, as it did not garner yes votes from 2/3rds of the total elders. I think the votes were 4:1 in favor, meaning less than half the elders voted. A poorly written charter leaves the interpretation of the voting rather vague. Also, a don't think Allison has the authority to declare the vote as passed or failed. Several of the elders didn't vote not out of apathy, but because the regent suspended the vote before it could finish. And Pierre did not support it because he asked Allison to wait on calling a vote, and she went ahead and called the vote anyay. And the elders that voted for it were mostly Allison and her puppets.

And then Allison went ahead and trumpeted the news to the world in exactly the way that those she claimed supported her told her *not* to do it.

So, yes, this will be interesting.

I think what would be more interesting is if some other religions joined the bandwagon in support. After all, the resolution declares open preaching for all priests in all lands, not just SA priests. This could, if handled properly by the right people, be a religious first in BattleMaster.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #687: March 25, 2012, 10:13:34 PM »
Ah, Gustav is a puppet, is he? ^_^

Or perhaps Allison just knows him well enough to know what to ask of him and what he won't do?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #688: March 25, 2012, 10:19:00 PM »
Quite honestly, yes. Allison constantly tells everyone that she has the voting support to do whatever she wants, because she knows that certain people, like Gustav, will vote however she tells them to vote.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #689: March 25, 2012, 10:21:42 PM »
Quite honestly, yes. Allison constantly tells everyone that she has the voting support to do whatever she wants, because she knows that certain people, like Gustav, will vote however she tells them to vote.

Not however she tells him to vote. She just knows what he is willing to support. There is a difference.