Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1016123 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #720: March 26, 2012, 02:21:51 PM »
I think most would agree to that though what if a priest repeatedly gets arrested and the realm decides to deport the priest as a way for the priest to stop preaching there. (I understand the church says there is nothing wrong with preaching in other realms but what would the church's reaction be if a priest got deported for this?)

Some of you people really need to brush up on your game mechanics. As has been said it takes a war declaration to arrest a priest. You can't deport a priest (or anyone) without first banning them. You can't banish a foreign priest unless he was tossed in prison by the game itself while commiting a crime like inciting the peasants or performing an auto de fe. I.e. you cannot have a noble arrest a foreign priest and then have your judge ban them. You cannot cancel a war without agreement from both sides. A cease-fire constitutes improving relations which requires mutual consent. If you declare war you have to get the other side to agree to end it.

And not the least, you can NEVER deport a priest.

okay--non-SA realms will revoke passage rights for anyone from a SA realm.

We won't be prohibiting preaching, just calling you a trespasser.

That's what Machiavel said. "That's fine, SA is already allowed in our realm. That doesn't mean it gives any foreigner the right to tresspass and do as they wish".
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #721: March 26, 2012, 02:35:05 PM »

Really? Why? Priests won't get banned unless they use on of their most extremes options - I don't see why the game would not allow you to deport a banned priests who carelessly got caught a second time.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Iltaran

• Noble Lord
  • What Gate?
    • View Profile
« Reply #722: March 26, 2012, 02:58:18 PM »
Really? Why? Priests won't get banned unless they use on of their most extremes options - I don't see why the game would not allow you to deport a banned priests who carelessly got caught a second time.

Priests can't leave their continent (either by emigrating or being deported), because they're linked to their specific religion and it only exists in the database for that continent. Technical issue.
[Solari] it's generally understood that OG survives by some compact with the devil

Askarn - Maedros - Savra - Faed - Vanimus

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #723: March 26, 2012, 03:00:13 PM »
Priests can't leave their continent (either by emigrating or being deported), because they're linked to their specific religion and it only exists in the database for that continent. Technical issue.

Oh, ok. That wasn't obvious, but it makes sense.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #724: March 26, 2012, 03:04:26 PM »
Otherwise you'd need to force a class switch.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #725: March 26, 2012, 03:12:33 PM »
But they can still be executed, right?

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #726: March 26, 2012, 04:05:56 PM »
Otherwise you'd need to force a class switch.

Which, IMO, should be permitted in this very special case; if the player really wants to be a priest, he can always join a religion on his new continent and switch back.

I have an equal problem with Elders not being able to kick priests out of a religion for this exact same reason, though that has been discussed elsewhere.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #727: March 26, 2012, 05:28:15 PM »

Seriously?

That's annoying.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Chaotrance13

« Reply #728: March 26, 2012, 06:05:01 PM »
You know, I think I started channelling Alaron when I wrote his two recent letters to the church and to the elders regarding this whole thing. As in jabbing my finger on the table when thinking about points of my argument, and talking in a bit of a posh arguing voice.

I think I've finally cracked. But damn, that's the most fun caused by the game I've had in a while.

But anyway - while I am aware of the game mechanics regarding the arresting of Priests, I think Alaron was looking at it from a different standpoint. Such as that he was the Lord of a region, and what he says about the region goes unless otherwise said by his Duke or by the Ruler. Besides, if the game mechanics prohibit the arrest of a foreign priest without a war declaration, there is always the dagger...  ;D - After all, I did decide I wanted Alaron to be the nutcase of my family...
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 06:06:50 PM by Ravier »

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #729: March 26, 2012, 06:32:30 PM »
The most fun I have with Allison is when I do something controversial that gets other nobles to speak up and take part.  Alaron is a prime example.  Before this, I had no idea he even existed.  He brings a bit of fun to the events.  Even more so since a Magistratum helps me.  The 3 Lights would be my Judge /if/ the Elders even accept the magistratum.  I am quite confident that 2 out of 3 Lights will not convict me.
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #730: March 26, 2012, 07:21:38 PM »
Besides, if the game mechanics prohibit the arrest of a foreign priest without a war declaration, there is always the dagger...  ;D - After all, I did decide I wanted Alaron to be the nutcase of my family...
That is an interesting idea, if the priest won't listen to the realm's law and judge then take out the priest.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #731: March 26, 2012, 07:36:24 PM »
Attacking a priest of SA might be more dangerous than simply declaring war and arresting them to return them to their realm.  There at least the priest isn't harmed. 
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #732: March 26, 2012, 07:50:15 PM »
But if an infil doesn't get caught there is no harm and no chance of the priest coming back unlike just arresting, plus if he does get caught Dwilight has a war on its hands.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #733: March 26, 2012, 08:49:11 PM »
But if an infil doesn't get caught there is no harm and no chance of the priest coming back unlike just arresting, plus if he does get caught Dwilight has a war on its hands.

Just because the infiltrator doesn't get caught doesn't mean that no one will be blamed. In fact it gives us considerably more leeway on the subject of who exactly we will choose to blame.

egamma

« Reply #734: March 26, 2012, 08:51:04 PM »
Step 1: Post a nice 500 gold bounty on the priest. Bounties are anonymous.
Step 2: Let an infil from another realm know where the priest is--you certainly wouldn't want an infil from your own realm to stab them.
Step 3: make sure that all of your realms' nobles are out of the region when the stabbing occurs, for deniability.