Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1029529 times)

Chaotrance13

Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #750: March 27, 2012, 04:25:23 AM »
The most fun I have with Allison is when I do something controversial that gets other nobles to speak up and take part.  Alaron is a prime example.  Before this, I had no idea he even existed.  He brings a bit of fun to the events.  Even more so since a Magistratum helps me.  The 3 Lights would be my Judge /if/ the Elders even accept the magistratum.  I am quite confident that 2 out of 3 Lights will not convict me.

Indeed. I mean, the first hurdle is that the Magistratum is even convened. But, as you may have guessed from the last message I sent to the full members - there are two options at the moment. The first one is that Pierre goes ahead with this vote of his to have Allison removed with no trial whatsoever, though there is some outcry coming out at this right now. Because it isn't the three Lights who would have the only say in the verdict, that may pass. It may not as well, plus there is the possibility of the Prophet intervening.

But the second option is the Magistratum, which by your (and Allison's) reckoning would be an automatic "not guilty" verdict. Perhaps slightly unwittingly, Alaron's given you a lifeline. If (and only if) the Magistratum goes ahead, and you are acquitted as you say, then you're practically untouchable bar the Regent misusing his own powers to remove you as a Consul.

And as far as Alaron requesting the Magistratum? Well, if it goes ahead and you're found not guilty - that's due process and he'd have nothing to complain about. Although there might be something in the future no doubt. As for running as a Consul himself, well from what I recall when the last election came around, someone basically said that it was not a position for anyone who was not well established in the religion already. Personally, I think that's rubbish as sometimes you need a fresh outlook on things. But we'll see.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #751: March 27, 2012, 08:47:32 AM »
Ibar the Regent misusing his own powers to remove you as a Consul.

The pointer hovered over there for a few seconds. I almost twitched.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #752: March 27, 2012, 01:45:14 PM »
So you mean it is a problem for about 60-70% of the realms in the game.

Nowadays, perhaps.

But all other instances of wounding fail to cause great damage in the vast majority of cases (unless context dictates otherwise, such as a ruler needing to negotiate with others). The number of generals who lose those positions for any period of time (and who don't have an alt as vice-marshal) is probably infinitely small.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Chaotrance13

« Reply #753: March 27, 2012, 03:01:28 PM »
The pointer hovered over there for a few seconds. I almost twitched.

Eh? There's no spelling mistake in the actual post, if that's what's causing the almost-twitching.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #754: March 27, 2012, 03:07:17 PM »
Eh? There's no spelling mistake in the actual post, if that's what's causing the almost-twitching.

Huh? No, I mean I almost abused my power and demoted Allison. I probably couldn't get away with it, though, but there have been occasions in the past when I considered whether I should click a link or not, only to realize that I had clicked it anyway.

It's all fun and games, it's ok to be trigger-happy sometimes....

Chaotrance13

« Reply #755: March 27, 2012, 03:39:05 PM »
Huh? No, I mean I almost abused my power and demoted Allison. I probably couldn't get away with it, though, but there have been occasions in the past when I considered whether I should click a link or not, only to realize that I had clicked it anyway.

It's all fun and games, it's ok to be trigger-happy sometimes....

Ah, now I understand. My apologies. But yes, all fun and games. It provides us something to do in this time of relative peace.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #756: March 27, 2012, 06:19:23 PM »
O it would be funny if you did demote and you said you had the papers made for the removal of position but have no idea that they were used before the vote was over. Also isn't rather unfair for the  defendant to get to vote on their own case, because no one is going to say "hmm, I should get myself removed from office and banned for the next five years."
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #757: March 27, 2012, 07:24:26 PM »
Isnt it a bit unfair for the accuser to vote in favor of removing Allison?
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #758: March 27, 2012, 07:37:23 PM »

...fair? What's that? Never heard of the Fair Star. If there ever was one, Allison buried it deep way before my time and burned the map.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #759: March 27, 2012, 07:50:25 PM »

Isn't it a bit unfair to universally state what all other religions, realms, and nobles must do, simply because you choose to?
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #760: March 27, 2012, 07:53:17 PM »
Haha!  Allison is untouchable
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #761: March 27, 2012, 08:05:58 PM »

That's what you think.

I've only just arrived to this side of the continent. :)

"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Chaotrance13

« Reply #762: March 27, 2012, 08:25:15 PM »

Well, I don't know about that. We'll see. ;)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #763: March 27, 2012, 08:41:47 PM »
"Fair" doesn't apply to non-Astroists. They all deserve whatever fate we decree for them. :P
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chaotrance13

« Reply #764: March 27, 2012, 09:00:54 PM »
Well, the Magistratum is going ahead. Though whether it was caused by Alaron's petition or Pierre's use of his authority is unclear. Yes, I know Pierre said it was down to my petition, but as has been established, the procedures regarding the Magistratum and full members petitioning the elders have been deemed to be "murky".

Either way.. I had a hand in something for once. I think I'm enjoying the politics of the Church quite a lot now.