Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1030364 times)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #765: March 27, 2012, 09:28:38 PM »
Careful, it's addicting. In my own experience, there's no other political forum like it in the entire game. It's multi-realm (twelve realms and counting!), and open to all full members, of which there are currently 70. Granted, when things heat up keeping up with the message traffic can be a full time job, but it's just so much *fun*.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #766: March 27, 2012, 10:27:26 PM »
Careful, it's addicting. In my own experience, there's no other political forum like it in the entire game. It's multi-realm (twelve realms and counting!), and open to all full members, of which there are currently 70. Granted, when things heat up keeping up with the message traffic can be a full time job, but it's just so much *fun*.

Ya'll are makin' me jealous.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #767: March 27, 2012, 10:40:35 PM »
Ya'll are makin' me jealous.

It's way cooler than the 'Moot. Yeah, that's right. I said it.

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #768: March 28, 2012, 12:08:46 AM »
I love Magistratum trials.  I face them somewhat regularly.  I always seem to win.  :)  I am confident that I will win this Magistratum as well.  When that is over I will run for the Regency.  If that doesn't piss off my enemies within SA I don't know what will. 
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Chaotrance13

« Reply #769: March 28, 2012, 12:42:26 AM »
I love Magistratum trials.  I face them somewhat regularly.  I always seem to win.  :)  I am confident that I will win this Magistratum as well.  When that is over I will run for the Regency.  If that doesn't piss off my enemies within SA I don't know what will.

And I'll probably run for Consul. And if anyone plays the "haven't been around long enough" card, I will tell them to bugger off. I think six months plus OOCly, and watching the discussions as well as being involved in the latest one gives me some qualification. Plus there is that pilgrimage in D'Hara I'm on right now as well.

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #770: March 28, 2012, 12:46:49 AM »
Might be tough.  I am lining up my 3 Consuls now and going to campaign to get them in.  In the past I have been able to easily get 2 Consuls elected.  This will be the first time I will try for 3. 

I am finding people who will support Allison as Regent and then I will put all of my influence and political might behind getting them elected as Consul.  If my election math is right, I just need to get 1 Consul elected that will support Allison and I have enough other votes in the SA Council to get me elected as Regent. 

OFaolain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #771: March 28, 2012, 12:51:35 AM »
Eoghan's going to try running again this time, too.  Hard to garner support when I've no real idea how to play politics; I could always point fingers at everyone else and say "Look at all those guys, they're crazy!  Vote for me, I'm the reasonable one!"
MacGeil Family: Cathan (Corsanctum)
Formerly the O'Faolain, then Nisbet families

Chaotrance13

« Reply #772: March 28, 2012, 12:59:45 AM »
Might be tough.  I am lining up my 3 Consuls now and going to campaign to get them in.  In the past I have been able to easily get 2 Consuls elected.  This will be the first time I will try for 3. 

I am finding people who will support Allison as Regent and then I will put all of my influence and political might behind getting them elected as Consul.  If my election math is right, I just need to get 1 Consul elected that will support Allison and I have enough other votes in the SA Council to get me elected as Regent.

You were the one who suggested I run ICly.. ;)

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #773: March 28, 2012, 01:01:36 AM »
You were the one who suggested I run ICly.. ;)

Of course.  I'm trying to make you like Allison.  She needs your votes for other Consuls!   :)  The more people that run the better chance I have of getting my 3 in.  Splits up the votes.

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #774: March 28, 2012, 03:59:35 AM »
It's way cooler than the 'Moot. Yeah, that's right. I said it.

To the 'Moot's credit, it is the subject of much discussion in general, IC.  Kudos on that.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #775: March 28, 2012, 04:09:01 AM »
Nowadays, perhaps.

But all other instances of wounding fail to cause great damage in the vast majority of cases (unless context dictates otherwise, such as a ruler needing to negotiate with others). The number of generals who lose those positions for any period of time (and who don't have an alt as vice-marshal) is probably infinitely small.

Wouldn't that be the point. Random stabbing shouldn't has disastrous effects. Stabbing the right person at the right time, that is a whole different matter.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #776: March 28, 2012, 05:40:09 AM »
The pointer hovered over there for a few seconds. I almost twitched.

Wimp.

You could do a lot more than just demote, you know  ;)

Never mind, noticed she still has that priestly protection there.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 05:58:14 AM by Lefanis »
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #777: March 28, 2012, 06:10:03 AM »
Hmm, perhaps a change that could be done for priests to be able to be kicked out of their religion is if they are kicked out they preach local folklore or whatever it is that the standard religion is for a region before any priest preaches there.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

OFaolain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #778: March 28, 2012, 08:08:19 AM »
Nobody is responding to anything I have to say! T-T
MacGeil Family: Cathan (Corsanctum)
Formerly the O'Faolain, then Nisbet families

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #779: March 28, 2012, 08:16:56 AM »
Nobody is responding to anything I have to say! T-T

Your responses are fairly neutral.  I am saving my remarks for those that I can more easily disprove.