Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1028098 times)

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #825: April 17, 2012, 06:45:49 AM »
Why do nobles like to accuse Allison of wrongdoing?  It seems she can't sneeze without it being some sort of conspiracy and have a Magistratum called.

This last case, aka 'She RECOMMENDED people! IN SECRET! MANIPULATIVEPOWERABUSEEVILHERESYYYY!' is, at best, boy-who-cried-wolf. Whether she did or didn't do something in the past before my character was around it's a bit silly. It actually works in her favor when her opponents overreact to every little thing, because, again, boy who cried wolf scenario.

And no, Allison does not whip her nobles into any kind of frenzy when it comes to defending against the attacks within the SA on her person. It kind of happens naturally.
Lokenth, Warrior of Arcaea, former Adventurer
Adamir, Lord of Luria Nova

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #826: April 17, 2012, 09:32:47 AM »
Whether she did or didn't do something in the past before my character was around it's a bit silly. It actually works in her favor when her opponents overreact to every little thing, because, again, boy who cried wolf scenario.

Are you sure you're not in the Little Red Riding Hood's third house ?
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #827: April 17, 2012, 11:55:24 AM »
This last case, aka 'She RECOMMENDED people! IN SECRET! MANIPULATIVEPOWERABUSEEVILHERESYYYY!' is, at best, boy-who-cried-wolf. Whether she did or didn't do something in the past before my character was around it's a bit silly. It actually works in her favor when her opponents overreact to every little thing, because, again, boy who cried wolf scenario.

And no, Allison does not whip her nobles into any kind of frenzy when it comes to defending against the attacks within the SA on her person. It kind of happens naturally.

The crazy is contagious eh :p

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #828: April 25, 2012, 03:20:01 AM »
Ugh, know we have some people from Summerdale complaining about the bug basically but in-character. "They must have used witchcraft to convert the loyal militia to work for Libero, we need to investigate and punish not only the one who committed it but possibly the queen of his realm too." -not actually a quote but a sum of what I have been hearing.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #829: April 25, 2012, 03:21:25 AM »
Hey, play through the bug. Gotta make up some IC reason for what happened. And if you can get a reason to declare war on someone else out of it, sound even better to me.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #830: April 25, 2012, 03:21:59 AM »
Ugh, know we have some people from Summerdale complaining about the bug basically but in-character. "They must have used witchcraft to convert the loyal militia to work for Libero, we need to investigate and punish not only the one who committed it but possibly the queen of his realm too." -not actually a quote but a sum of what I have been hearing.

*Expression slowly morphs into troll-faced glee.*
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #831: April 25, 2012, 03:27:45 AM »
Hey, play through the bug. Gotta make up some IC reason for what happened. And if you can get a reason to declare war on someone else out of it, sound even better to me.
Well don't really see a way for it to produce a war considering the two realms are already at war. Though I guess if the Summerdale nobles were annoying enough they could cause the other SA realms to gang up on them.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Broose

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #832: April 25, 2012, 03:46:10 AM »

I'm insulted that you would imply our roleplay is just 'complaining about the bug, but in-character.' The only reason I brought it up was because one of our knights insulted some Libero nobles and I thought I'd follow up on it when someone asked him to apologize. I thought reviving some of the tension between SA and Summerdale might actually be interesting, but I'm glad to see my efforts are being dismissed as OOC whining.

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #833: April 25, 2012, 04:10:04 AM »
OOC I may know that this was a bug or whatever, but IC, Rabisu believes there may indeed be some great evils and will gladly travel there to burn whoever's responsible.

Absolutely nothing can go wrong with this.
Lokenth, Warrior of Arcaea, former Adventurer
Adamir, Lord of Luria Nova

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #834: April 25, 2012, 05:07:42 AM »
I'm insulted that you would imply our roleplay is just 'complaining about the bug, but in-character.' The only reason I brought it up was because one of our knights insulted some Libero nobles and I thought I'd follow up on it when someone asked him to apologize. I thought reviving some of the tension between SA and Summerdale might actually be interesting, but I'm glad to see my efforts are being dismissed as OOC whining.
Sorry if I came off kinda agrresive, and I  guess it should be addressed in-game.
― G.K. Chesterton

OFaolain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #835: April 25, 2012, 06:00:52 AM »
I'm seeing what I can do about it IC, but I fully expect my remark about passing it to the Office of Austere should get them even more riled up; whoopsie. Oh wait, I changed that from "Office of Austere" to "Elder Council" before sending it.  Well, we'll see where this goes when the Dalians come back, but Glaumring certainly isn't helping calm things down (what else is new  :P).
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 06:02:36 AM by OFaolain »
MacGeil Family: Cathan (Corsanctum)
Formerly the O'Faolain, then Nisbet families

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #836: April 25, 2012, 06:39:10 AM »

A bug gave you a free region and a ton of militia. I suggest you be grateful rather than whining about the other side's completely justified frustration.

Broose

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #837: April 25, 2012, 07:58:49 AM »
Sorry if I came off kinda agrresive, and I  guess it should be addressed in-game.
It's fine, I just don't want anyone to get the wrong idea and think I'm using the letters to complain about an OOC issue.

Arrakis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #838: April 25, 2012, 10:54:55 AM »
The bug interpretation where Orris is labelled as a sorcerer with an old witch/hag as his assistant is a marvelous storytelling. One of the Summerdalian nobles first came up with it in a roleplay, and pretty much everyone has fallen into it (myself included - gonna be placin' some gold on that sorcerer's head!). Nothing wrong going on here.
Gregorian (Eponllyn), Baudouin (Cathay), Thaddeus (Cathay), Leopold (Niselur)

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #839: April 25, 2012, 11:12:05 AM »
Snip.

Traitor! You killed off poor Leopold! :(
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell