Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1027836 times)

Arrakis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #840: April 25, 2012, 11:58:22 AM »
Just paused him :) If anything at all was going on in Iashalur I would've sticked by, but there is nothing and there was no drive to change that. I might return one day although the way this Summerdale experience is going, I doubt it. :)
Gregorian (Eponllyn), Baudouin (Cathay), Thaddeus (Cathay), Leopold (Niselur)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #841: April 25, 2012, 02:31:12 PM »
A bug gave you a free region and a ton of militia. I suggest you be grateful rather than whining about the other side's completely justified frustration.
I am a D'hara, not of Summerdale or Libero Empire so this bug does not affect me, I know of the complaints which after thinking about it myself should be brought up because it was a strange occurence IC that should be dealt with actually.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Brant

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #842: April 25, 2012, 04:13:54 PM »
The other thing I wonder...   why the big "how dare you"  about witchcraft accusations?   Maybe I'm wrong but I can't see where magic use was forbidden or where it obtained such a stigma from.   Probably that damned bloodmoon fruit.   

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #843: April 25, 2012, 04:31:23 PM »
The other thing I wonder...   why the big "how dare you"  about witchcraft accusations?   Maybe I'm wrong but I can't see where magic use was forbidden or where it obtained such a stigma from.   Probably that damned bloodmoon fruit.

You may be witnessing how stigma form in the first place!  :D
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #844: April 25, 2012, 07:19:29 PM »
Everything is a weapon... Absolutely everything. Its only when people realize that they are being attacked in an obscure and intangible way does it confuse and anger, to realize that no where is safe and even words and ideas as deadly as knives...
We live lives in beautiful lies...

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
« Reply #845: April 26, 2012, 01:20:01 AM »

Witchcraft is how we roleplayed the things cheaters did back in the day.
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #846: April 26, 2012, 02:33:47 AM »
Yeah same for when we played UO. Glitches etc all works of the gods or witchcraft.

OFaolain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #847: April 26, 2012, 10:06:56 AM »
Just paused him :) If anything at all was going on in Iashalur I would've sticked by, but there is nothing and there was no drive to change that. I might return one day although the way this Summerdale experience is going, I doubt it. :)

I was going to see about doing some long-range work from Samhain duchy if we *ever* actually got the nobles to take it.  Make it a seat of power for the Order of the Palm so the organization can actually do things, if I could get Turin to agree to it.  Blech, can't expand without more nobles, can't get more nobles without things to do; 'tis a vicious cycle.
MacGeil Family: Cathan (Corsanctum)
Formerly the O'Faolain, then Nisbet families

Arrakis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #848: April 26, 2012, 12:04:56 PM »
Yeah, I had some really neat plans in regards to guilds too and some other culturally interesting things. Too bad they didn't live, aka too bad I don't wanna grow old waiting to get the chance to do them.

Problem with new players in Iashalur should be a bit better now with all the influx of new players, however, I see you're still stuck below 20. The reasons for that are not just a boring geography but also the atmosphere of the realm and how attractive the realm is. I mean, Iashalur has that default banner for ages now, how hard it is to get that thing changed?
Gregorian (Eponllyn), Baudouin (Cathay), Thaddeus (Cathay), Leopold (Niselur)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #849: April 26, 2012, 02:27:46 PM »
I was going to see about doing some long-range work from Samhain duchy if we *ever* actually got the nobles to take it.  Make it a seat of power for the Order of the Palm so the organization can actually do things, if I could get Turin to agree to it.  Blech, can't expand without more nobles, can't get more nobles without things to do; 'tis a vicious cycle.

What actually happens in the Order of the Palm?
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #850: April 26, 2012, 03:37:38 PM »
Iashulars banner is the suck. And the massive SA alliances make for dull game. I think the alliance was useful for fighting Caerwyn after that there just is no point. The alliance is already fractured idealogically anyways.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #851: April 26, 2012, 03:45:01 PM »
And it will fracture more if need be to keep things interesting. It's not very useful outside of the north anyway. The eastern and western halves are too far apart to help each other effectively unless, as was the case with Averoth, the enemy happens to be right in between them.

Adriddae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #852: April 26, 2012, 07:07:05 PM »
What's all this talk about secularism? Did Medieval people really separate church and secular issues like this?

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #853: April 26, 2012, 07:43:10 PM »
If you are thinking about their philosophical worldview, then probably not.

If the question you are asking is "was it possible that one catholic goes to war against another without a crusade being declared on them", then I think you got your answer..... The Pope had enough with his own wars that he did not meddle in all the other ones. Some, but not all.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #854: April 26, 2012, 10:22:40 PM »
The issue lately is that no one on SA will fight another SA , and then if they do they try to get a crusade called on eschother. Its part of the reason why Asylon went to war with Kabrinskia, to show Astroists that its ok to fight. I know we are still using an alliance but I wouldnt really have one if we didnt have to worry about fighting all of SA , since that isnt happening we will not ally with anymore kingdoms and even review allainces, or merely have short term goal alliances, instead of sweeping long term alliances.