Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1016917 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #885: April 27, 2012, 08:28:32 PM »
it makes sense to consider Summerdale and Libero as "SA realms". In practice, the church has as much to say about the behaviour of Libero than it does about the behaviour of, say Astrum.
This, I would agree with. They are SA realms. They are not] SA theocracies. That is a very important distinction. The Elders/Regent/Holy Prophet can make some demands of the theocracies, and expect compliance, as long as it doesn't get too wacky. The same cannot be said of Summerdale and LE.

My character, Brance, has always opposed enshrining the theocracies into the power structure of the church. This could lead to interesting times as the faith spreads more and more to non-theocracies. However, unless the non-theocratic members have some *very* good power blocs among the theocracies, they will most likely not find themselves moving into high-power positions, as many people still vote realm-centric when electing elders. Now, the non-theocratic members  could bring more of their realm-mates with them, of course. But then, the faith spreads from that, and crowds out other faiths anyway. So we still end up spreading.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #886: April 27, 2012, 09:38:03 PM »
Asylon isnt a theocracy its a monarchy with an Astroist king and a secular constitution. We lean whichever way the king and council lean. Right now our council is heavily mIxed.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Broose

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #887: April 27, 2012, 10:35:23 PM »
Summerdale is an SA realm that wishes people wouldn't call it an SA realm. No luck getting new religions over here, yet.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #888: April 27, 2012, 11:25:58 PM »
Summerdale is an SA realm that wishes people wouldn't call it an SA realm. No luck getting new religions over here, yet.

I'm surprised it bothers you. It's probably the best thing for Summerdale that it be perceived as an SA realm. It's never good being the odd man out. Take it from the guy who currently rules a realm that, prior to the BT Invasion, was on the wrong side of a 4 on 1 beat down.

Brant

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #889: April 27, 2012, 11:36:27 PM »
My char has been pushing hard to have Summerdale seen as an SA realm, or at least as a realm where SA is welcome :P

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #890: April 28, 2012, 12:07:15 AM »
Asylon is not an Astroist state. We are an Astroist cultured state. Because of history we are now Astroist/Elementalist/Truinist and perhaps a bit of Cordatus, but their church is now dead. I think I prefer being a cross-roads kingdom. We are a frontier kingdom, a place destiny mixes with the blood of fate.

Andrew

• M&F's Anaris
  • Administrator
  • Noble Lord
  • Sometimes, With A Bopping Stick
    • View Profile
« Reply #891: April 28, 2012, 05:15:24 AM »
Asylon is not an Astroist state. We are an Astroist cultured state. Because of history we are now Astroist/Elementalist/Truinist and perhaps a bit of Cordatus, but their church is now dead. I think I prefer being a cross-roads kingdom. We are a frontier kingdom, a place destiny mixes with the blood of fate.

I think Brom needs to go to Asylon. I'm sure he could stir that up into something toxic. It'd definitely make it more interesting at least.
Like my programming? Become my patron!

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #892: April 28, 2012, 07:18:59 AM »

That will change soon. ;)
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #893: April 28, 2012, 08:37:24 PM »
What's that? Did someone grab the red shirt and prepare to stand up?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

OFaolain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #894: April 28, 2012, 08:49:53 PM »

What actually happens in the Order of the Palm?

Right now, nothing; nominally, it's a holy order that works to spread Sanguis Astroism, but when I first wrote the Charter it was too restrictive and limiting and I didn't get much interest.  I'm going to re-draft it without the limitations but the first step is to get Turin to promise Samhain to me; once I have that I can try and bring in other nobles and go from there.

The goal at the time was diplomacy targeted at Caerwyn, but they wardec'd us while the Order was still forming.  Now it'll probably target rogue regions and focus on diplomacy with Barca; mostly I want to have a non-realm lay power within the Church, instead of the Theocratic rulers deciding everything themselves or in-Council.
MacGeil Family: Cathan (Corsanctum)
Formerly the O'Faolain, then Nisbet families

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #895: April 28, 2012, 09:06:27 PM »
Right now, nothing; nominally, it's a holy order that works to spread Sanguis Astroism.

The goal at the time was diplomacy targeted at Caerwyn, but they wardec'd us while the Order was still forming.  Now it'll probably target rogue regions and focus on diplomacy with Barca;
1.) "works to spread Sanguis Astroism." Through military, preaching, or both?
2.) Is this Iashulur centric since you speak of targetting rogue regions and your character is in Iashulur?
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #896: April 28, 2012, 09:43:17 PM »
That will change soon. ;)

Pshawww... Without Allison Astroism will become a globby love-in retirement home.  ;D

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #897: April 28, 2012, 10:46:03 PM »
Hmmm, I thought of an interesting idea. What if Sanguis Astroism went on a purge all other religions crusade thing so it would be like the entire north attacking the rest of Dwilight until all members of that realm follow Sanguis Astroism. I see it as a player vs player combined with the invasion on BT kind of thing.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #898: April 29, 2012, 12:19:39 AM »
Hmmm, I thought of an interesting idea. What if Sanguis Astroism went on a purge all other religions crusade thing so it would be like the entire north attacking the rest of Dwilight until all members of that realm follow Sanguis Astroism. I see it as a player vs player combined with the invasion on BT kind of thing.

You mean that isn't whats been going on for several years now?
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #899: April 29, 2012, 12:23:20 AM »
You mean that isn't whats been going on for several years now?

Actually, no we haven't. We've been relatively content to take the slow but steady route of converting nobles peacefully. If you want, we could actively target out all the heathens and declare war on them.