Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1017298 times)

BardicNerd

• Noble Lord
  • Evans Family
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #900: April 29, 2012, 12:24:19 AM »
You mean that isn't whats been going on for several years now?

Not in any organized fashion, no.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #901: April 29, 2012, 03:04:46 AM »
Actually, no we haven't. We've been relatively content to take the slow but steady route of converting nobles peacefully. If you want, we could actively target out all the heathens and declare war on them.

Not in any organized fashion, no.

Don't get your panties in a bunch, it was a joke.  ;)
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #902: April 29, 2012, 03:18:48 AM »
Hmmm, I thought of an interesting idea. What if Sanguis Astroism went on a purge all other religions crusade thing so it would be like the entire north attacking the rest of Dwilight until all members of that realm follow Sanguis Astroism. I see it as a player vs player combined with the invasion on BT kind of thing.

No one seems to notice that the SA realms are now some of the least populated and the more moderate SA realms and non-SA realms more populated? I think the days of SA powerhouse are on their way out unless they can muster more nobles. The fundamentalist realms are going to either have to continue their alliance or hope that the more moderate realms join in sometimes.

SA Theocracies   :)
Moderate SA Tolerant kingdoms   ;)
Intolerant kingdoms   >:(
Neutral   :-\

Astrum      28  :)
Asylon      40     ;)
Aurvandil      45     >:(
Barca      22     >:(
Corsanctum   17     :)
D'Hara   32          ;)
Grand Duchy of Fissoa   22  :-\
Iashalur   16     :)
Kabrinskia      29     :)
Libero Empire   20     ;)
Luria Nova   25     :-\
Luria Vesperi   10     :-\
Madina   3    >:(
Morek Empire   29    :)
Pian en Luries      8    :-\
Solaria   19    ;)
Summerdale      39    ;)
Terran      21    ;)

Total Theocracy noble population: 119
Tolerant kingdoms: 171
Intolerants: 70
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #903: April 29, 2012, 03:40:59 AM »
Without the fundamentalists, the island would be way boring.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #904: April 29, 2012, 04:37:07 AM »
Totally agree, we need the fundamentalists. But, I would rather just see every kingdom at each others throats with limited short-term goal oriented alliances, instead of long-term sweeping alliances that never end. If everyone limited themselves to one ally the game would be more fun. Its impossible to control or change though and the future of Dwilight is more and more large powerblocs. Unless we go about cracking apart, rebuilding, cracking apart, rebuilding ever so often.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #905: April 29, 2012, 04:46:46 AM »
I must say I agree, D'hara is a monarchy according to government type but we are ran as a republic.

Poor Dragon King Cenarious, always be so alone in his palace.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #906: April 29, 2012, 10:16:40 AM »
SA has become largely irrelevant. They've come to the point that no one in their right mind would dare block the church, so nobles would just accept and ignore it rather than actually deal with it. Even if the fundamentalists made sweeping demands, most realms would just agree to it rather than face the combined military of Astrum-Morek-Summerdale-Libero-Iashalur-Corsanctum-Kabrinskia. See: recent declaration of 'all lands are open to SA'. It's a pretty monotonous powerblock, like AT's CE alliance.

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #907: April 29, 2012, 10:35:43 AM »
It's a pretty monotonous powerblock, like AT's CE alliance.

Though not half as give-along-to-get-along.
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

OFaolain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #908: April 29, 2012, 10:47:20 AM »
1.) "works to spread Sanguis Astroism." Through military, preaching, or both?
2.) Is this Iashulur centric since you speak of targetting rogue regions and your character is in Iashulur?

1) The idea was both, as well as dialogue with foreign non-believing nobles to convince them of the virtues of SA (or how harmless we are, really!)

2) Honestly I'm not sure yet; I'd like to gather warrior members together in Iashalur to create one army that can get sent out easily.  If I can get Turin to give me the duchy of Samhain (I wanted Gaston but that went to Aram >.<), that'd be the plan, while having nominal priest members who just go about preaching.  Maybe give people assignments to open dialogue with nobles in XYZ realm.
MacGeil Family: Cathan (Corsanctum)
Formerly the O'Faolain, then Nisbet families

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #909: April 29, 2012, 01:58:13 PM »
Irrelevant? *chuckles*

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #910: April 29, 2012, 04:47:48 PM »
Irrelevant? *chuckles*

Mhmm. SA was nice when its 'controversial' edicts were challenged by people both in and out of the church. Now, people outside the church just pretty much roll with whatever SA wants, and seeing as the population in the Church is dwindling down, they won't be enough to bring interesting things about.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #911: April 29, 2012, 05:35:54 PM »
You do realize that the population of the church is *not* dwindling, don't you? In fact we are still growing. I'm not sure why you think we are shrinking.

And if we are not controversial enough, then perhaps we will just have to get more radical. ;)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #912: April 29, 2012, 05:45:14 PM »
Mhmm. SA was nice when its 'controversial' edicts were challenged by people both in and out of the church. Now, people outside the church just pretty much roll with whatever SA wants, and seeing as the population in the Church is dwindling down, they won't be enough to bring interesting things about.

I'm of the philosophy of "let SA get what it wants for long enough for them to bore themselves and start breaking apart".
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #913: April 29, 2012, 06:10:11 PM »
Important Event for "Sanguis Astroism"   (21 hours, 52 minutes ago)
200th member has joined the order.
Also check the Guild Log for recent events.

;D
After all it's a roleplaying game.

OFaolain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #914: April 29, 2012, 08:58:58 PM »
That number seems to be all characters that have ever joined Sanguis Astroism, rather than the number we had when the 200th joined.  In-game it says we have 107 members (+23 paused, or is that 23 of which are paused?).

It's pretty hard to call something irrelevant when people just roll over and do what it wants, eh?
MacGeil Family: Cathan (Corsanctum)
Formerly the O'Faolain, then Nisbet families