Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1016505 times)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #1050: May 27, 2012, 01:30:15 AM »
Says the guy who has been in SA for a few weeks.

Ad Hominem means nothing. And Brom being in SA for a few weeks and STILL having enough influence to bring you down just shows how weak you are.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051: May 27, 2012, 01:43:53 AM »
We whooped your butt with our crappiest army. And now we are going to go to Our capital and drink wine out of your skulls.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052: May 27, 2012, 02:09:29 AM »
We whooped your butt with our crappiest army. And now we are going to go to Our capital and drink wine out of your skulls.

The pen is mightier than the sword, and I will prove it.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053: May 27, 2012, 02:26:29 AM »
Ad Hominem means nothing. And Brom being in SA for a few weeks and STILL having enough influence to bring you down just shows how weak you are.

Uh, really? What exactly have you done?

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054: May 27, 2012, 02:36:07 AM »
Uh, really? What exactly have you done?

I usually don't do anything. I just get others to do it.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055: May 27, 2012, 02:42:40 AM »
Wrote a fancy letter. That, really, only Katayanna likes.

The many politically motivated attacks lately have really undermined the legitimacy of the accusations.

The thing that really makes me chuckle is seeing the people that are attempting to manipulate the church into going to war, thinking it will be the clever way to do it. In reality, it is the very slow and uncertain way to do it. It is also completely unecessary. This is the situation where personal contacts, a well-known name, and knowing your audience are what is needed. And it has already been done. (And no, it wasn't me that did it.) All the soapboxing in SA is redundant and probably won't amount to anything anyway.

(Sorry Brom, you're way too new to the church, and lacking of knowledge of church dynamics to do what you're trying to do.)
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056: May 27, 2012, 02:43:59 AM »
It shows in your sloppy handiwork. (to Brom)
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057: May 27, 2012, 02:56:32 AM »

The many politically motivated attacks lately have really undermined the legitimacy of the accusations.

The thing that really makes me chuckle is seeing the people that are attempting to manipulate the church into going to war, thinking it will be the clever way to do it. In reality, it is the very slow and uncertain way to do it. It is also completely unecessary. This is the situation where personal contacts, a well-known name, and knowing your audience are what is needed. And it has already been done. (And no, it wasn't me that did it.) All the soapboxing in SA is redundant and probably won't amount to anything anyway.

(Sorry Brom, you're way too new to the church, and lacking of knowledge of church dynamics to do what you're trying to do.)

Of course I'm new, but you also have absolutely no idea what I'm trying to do. There are a few people in the church though that probably know.

It shows in your sloppy handiwork. (to Brom)
Yep, gotta work on that.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058: May 27, 2012, 03:41:38 AM »
Of course I'm new, but you also have absolutely no idea what I'm trying to do.
Don't be too sure.  ;)

Chaotrance13

« Reply #1059: May 27, 2012, 03:56:34 AM »

Exactly. And Katayanna is from Kabrinskia herself - while it's most likely bad form to do so, her supporting any accusations by her own ruler and Brom is probably going to be looked upon and laughed. Alaron practically did that when he saw all the requests for Magistrata (is that the correct plural of "Magistratum?). And then he denounced all three as political claptrap as you well know even though there may be merit to any or all of the cases presented.

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060: May 27, 2012, 04:26:49 AM »
What I see is:

1. Jonsu brings accusations against Allison in hopes of a Magistratum.

2. Then suddenly Katayanna brings accusations against (some non-SA infiltrator who attacked Allison) for a Magistratum. That seems to fail (?) and so Katayanna demands a crusade against Asylon.

3. Then Brom brings accusations against Glaumring in hopes of a Magistratum.

The result  is that the latter two requests (both brought by Team Allison) look petty, and political, and annoy everyone involved; who then conclude that all three requests are petty and political and dismiss them all and the first request is barely remembered thanks to the primacy effect. Ye olde tyme "flood the courts with countersuits" strategy.

Result? Allison avoids a Magistratum, by virtue of essentially overloading the SA legal framework and the patience of elders. Successful defense by Team Allison!

Really quite brilliant when you think about it.
Lokenth, Warrior of Arcaea, former Adventurer
Adamir, Lord of Luria Nova

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061: May 27, 2012, 04:35:43 AM »
Result? Allison avoids a Magistratum, by virtue of essentially overloading the SA legal framework and the patience of elders. Successful defense by Team Allison!

Really quite brilliant when you think about it.
Like I said, Brom doesn't know the dynamics of the church, and he's too new to be in the inside loop. Being in Allison's camp, he also doesn't have access to members of the church that are not sympathetic with Allison's situation. Allison may or may not face a Magistratum trial. But whether she does or not will have absolutely nothing to do with Brom's proposed case, or any attempt to overload the system.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062: May 27, 2012, 04:47:33 AM »
Like I said, Brom doesn't know the dynamics of the church, and he's too new to be in the inside loop. Being in Allison's camp, he also doesn't have access to members of the church that are not sympathetic with Allison's situation. Allison may or may not face a Magistratum trial. But whether she does or not will have absolutely nothing to do with Brom's proposed case, or any attempt to overload the system.

Brom had absolutely NO idea that a case had been brought against Allison, or of any of the other cases set forth. He did it all of his own accord.

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063: May 27, 2012, 05:27:49 AM »

Katayanna however is in the inside loop, and definitely in the Allison camp too, and has successfully steered all discussion to the matter of priests and infiltrators whereas the charges of heresy against Allison have now zero part in discussion. Rather convenient, no?
Lokenth, Warrior of Arcaea, former Adventurer
Adamir, Lord of Luria Nova

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #1064: May 27, 2012, 05:34:43 AM »
I honestly don't know how Gustav is seen by the rest of the church. I know that some anti-Allison don't differentiate him from Allison's camp.