Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1027626 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #1215: June 27, 2012, 07:20:47 PM »
Allison has given an oath to the prophet not to schism the church. She knows that if she did, it would bring an instant Crusade against her.

Whether or not this results in a crusade has yet to be determined. What we have seen so far is that the Glaumring character has lost all semblance of credibility that he may still have had. The continual waffling, backtracking, and changing of positions has really driven home to pretty much the entire church that he simply can't be trusted.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216: June 27, 2012, 08:11:18 PM »
Perhaps it is the church that cannot be trusted and my actions a mere symptom of its sickness. I had just as many secretly congratulating me as condeming me. And the few who openly defended me. I also discovered some very very very surprising cracks in the churches loyalty from some very important people. You say Lady Allison is hated. The hate will build soon enough and boil over. SA has made more enemies than Glaumring ever has. Hell im just another Brom, Garrett, Allison of the week. Someone else will truly do a better job than I and send the house of cards toppling. This war, this chaos has been planned for ages. Its not done yet by any means.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217: June 27, 2012, 09:03:33 PM »
Perhaps it is the church that cannot be trusted and my actions a mere symptom of its sickness.
Or... not.

I had just as many secretly congratulating me as condeming me.
Yeah, I've played that game before, too.

And the few who openly defended me.
I don't think anyone openly defended the Glaumring character. There were several that said a Crusade was not called for, and that we should investigate the faith before we wipe it out. But I don't think anyone personally defended Glaumring.

You say Lady Allison is hated. The hate will build soon enough and boil over.
We've planned for that.

This war, this chaos has been planned for ages. Its not done yet by any means.
Great. We need a good war.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218: June 27, 2012, 10:19:29 PM »
Oh Indirik are you one of those computers in a 50's sci-fi movie that has an answer for everything?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219: June 27, 2012, 10:23:00 PM »
Nah, I don't have any of those cheesy, flashing lights.

Darksun

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Bucksplace
« Reply #1220: June 27, 2012, 10:30:35 PM »
Nah, I don't have any of those cheesy, flashing lights.

Just one glowing red one, Dave.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221: June 27, 2012, 10:33:49 PM »
"Glaumring... What ae you doing Glaumring? I wouldn't do that if I were you..."

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222: June 27, 2012, 10:39:38 PM »
"Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer, do..."

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223: June 27, 2012, 11:23:21 PM »
Hell im just another Brom, Garrett, Allison of the week.

That's not true. You see, you can't claim to be on our level yet, because even though people hate us, we still manage to retain power at the end of everything and still have a group that trusts us.

Although most of that doesn't apply to Garret.

If people are smart, the best way to topple SA, is to just help them conquer the entirety of Dwilight. With no where left to take, the bickering will grow until a schism does occur. At that point, both sides will kill each other, while all the false converts promote the chaos.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224: June 27, 2012, 11:39:15 PM »
Brom, you were kicked out of your old realm. I wouldnt call it massive support.

Plus your topple SA idea is ludicrous. I'd fly a horse down a trench and fire an arrow down its intake shaft and then watch SA blow up from a distance. Im choosing the Luke Skywalker way to go out fighting, you can go the Darth way.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 11:43:27 PM by Glaumring »

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225: June 28, 2012, 12:11:59 AM »
But once he was in Kabrinskia he soon got a realm council position. And he didn't say he has massive support in Lurias but he does have some from what I have heard. Also you aren't quite an Allison or Brom, they are schemers and successful ones at that, so far I haven't seen you scheme or manipulate others successfully.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226: June 28, 2012, 12:19:26 AM »

I left of my own free will. I have both times. Granted, each time I left I had very little support at the time anyway, but still. I do have some minor support though still there. Probably just enough so that when I get back I am still sentenced to death, but I avoid having my head placed on a stake.

Plus your topple SA idea is ludicrous. I'd fly a horse down a trench and fire an arrow down its intake shaft and then watch SA blow up from a distance. Im choosing the Luke Skywalker way to go out fighting, you can go the Darth way.

See that's your problem. You insist on "going out fighting". I don't plan on "going out" at all. I intend to continue to hold power with small spurts of downtime in between. I've got a reputation to keep up anyway.

But, in all seriousness my way is likely the only way SA would lose, other than everyone just losing interest, which is unlikely because so many people in SA are greedy and they use SA for power.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227: June 28, 2012, 12:33:05 AM »
Quick question I will learn in a few days anyways but is the tournament your wedding ceremony?
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228: June 28, 2012, 12:35:52 AM »
Quick question I will learn in a few days anyways but is the tournament your wedding ceremony?

Yes. The wedding will take place a day or two preceding the ceremony itself which is to be RP'ed to everyone, and then the tournament is the celebration.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229: June 28, 2012, 12:49:10 AM »
But once he was in Kabrinskia he soon got a realm council position. And he didn't say he has massive support in Lurias but he does have some from what I have heard. Also you aren't quite an Allison or Brom, they are schemers and successful ones at that, so far I haven't seen you scheme or manipulate others successfully.

Aye, because I am not a schemer or manipulator at all really.  :)