Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1017651 times)

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #1260: July 01, 2012, 07:00:51 PM »
Went... to Aurvandil?

No.

I seem to recall more went to Barca, D'Hara and Madina than went to Aurvandil.

Aurvandil has maybe two nobles who had characters in Thulsoma, until we gained two more from Barca, and only a handful of players who used to have a character in Thulsoma. This nonsense that Aurvandil is Thulsoman is getting quite annoying.

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261: July 01, 2012, 07:28:00 PM »
Went... to Aurvandil?

They didn't. Though thank you for once again confirming magistrate bias against Aurvandil.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262: July 01, 2012, 07:37:05 PM »
It's very hard to track them. We know that several of them just abandoned old accounts and created new ones. The fact that few/none of the player histories show a Thulsoma connection is a poor indicator.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263: July 01, 2012, 08:04:23 PM »
They didn't. Though thank you for once again confirming magistrate bias against Aurvandil.

Huh?
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264: July 01, 2012, 08:05:16 PM »
No.

I seem to recall more went to Barca, D'Hara and Madina than went to Aurvandil.

Aurvandil has maybe two nobles who had characters in Thulsoma, until we gained two more from Barca, and only a handful of players who used to have a character in Thulsoma. This nonsense that Aurvandil is Thulsoman is getting quite annoying.

I don't have the time at this exact moment to check the facts on this; but I'm pretty sure this is factually not the case. But maybe I'm wrong. Will check later tonight.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265: July 01, 2012, 08:06:32 PM »
Huh?
Confirmation bias. When you're convinced everyone hates you, then everything you see proves how right you are.

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266: July 01, 2012, 08:13:59 PM »
Confirmation bias. When you're convinced everyone hates you, then everything you see proves how right you are.

AH HA! I KNEW YOU HATED ME!

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267: July 01, 2012, 08:40:47 PM »
Well, I'll fact check for you.

The characters who were in Thulsoma are: Raviel, scyhtherion and Sothcynning.
The characters who were in Thulsoma but joined from Barca are: Tostig (Who was a Summerdalian), Alyssa (Who was an Astrumite).

So for a total of five characters who were in Thulsoma are now in Aurvandil, so less than a tenth of the noble count of Aurvandil. As for players who have had characters in Thulsoma, that would be: Infaustus Godhelm (Caerwynite), Vahanian, Herousmalswyrd, and that's it. Completely combined, that's eight players who have had characters in Thulsoma that we know of. Not even a sixth of the player count of Aurvandil, yes, because Aurvandil is totally Saxons.

As for any possible players who deleted and made new accounts, well fair enough, they would to in order to escape the curse of being called a Saxon, and Saxon is only really an I.G. definition, or at least I hope it is and this isn't an OOC vendetta against any and all players who ever were in Saxon Thulsoma, because it would certainly suck to have all of Aurvandil branded as Saxons because a few players have an OOC hunch some of us might actually have been in Thulsoma at some point in the past. At any rate, the nobles holding power in Aurvandil, aren't Saxon, the nobles who founded Aurvandil aren't Saxon (They're Orvandeaux) and the majority of nobles aren't Saxon, they are a mismatch of nobles from all over the continents.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 08:49:36 PM by NoblesseChevaleresque »

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268: July 01, 2012, 08:55:53 PM »
At any rate, the nobles holding power in Aurvandil, aren't Saxon, the nobles who founded Aurvandil aren't Saxon (They're Orvandeaux) and the majority of nobles aren't Saxon, they are a mismatch of nobles from all over the continents.
Good to hear.

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269: July 01, 2012, 09:05:35 PM »
Good to hear.

Very.

Mendicant would be quite pissed if the Saxons he spent his youth slaughtering took over his Kingdom and culture. The Saxons are after all, simple northern barbarians living in wooden huts and stone caves they call a stronghold. Whereas Aurvandil is a sprawling metropolis of stone and marble and civilised nobles dressed in the finery of vast wealth and success.

Kind of like the difference between Aurvandil and Asylon actually, which Glaumring pointed out. But then I don't think anyone takes opulence and displaying wealth as seriously as Aurvandil does.

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270: July 01, 2012, 09:59:14 PM »
Well, I'll fact check for you.

The characters who were in Thulsoma are: Raviel, scyhtherion and Sothcynning.
The characters who were in Thulsoma but joined from Barca are: Tostig (Who was a Summerdalian), Alyssa (Who was an Astrumite).

So for a total of five characters who were in Thulsoma are now in Aurvandil, so less than a tenth of the noble count of Aurvandil. As for players who have had characters in Thulsoma, that would be: Infaustus Godhelm (Caerwynite), Vahanian, Herousmalswyrd, and that's it. Completely combined, that's eight players who have had characters in Thulsoma that we know of. Not even a sixth of the player count of Aurvandil, yes, because Aurvandil is totally Saxons.

As for any possible players who deleted and made new accounts, well fair enough, they would to in order to escape the curse of being called a Saxon, and Saxon is only really an I.G. definition, or at least I hope it is and this isn't an OOC vendetta against any and all players who ever were in Saxon Thulsoma, because it would certainly suck to have all of Aurvandil branded as Saxons because a few players have an OOC hunch some of us might actually have been in Thulsoma at some point in the past. At any rate, the nobles holding power in Aurvandil, aren't Saxon, the nobles who founded Aurvandil aren't Saxon (They're Orvandeaux) and the majority of nobles aren't Saxon, they are a mismatch of nobles from all over the continents.

Families with connections in Thulsoma or Averoth (not considering Nivemus, Arcachon, or Thalmarkin connections):

Chambers
Umpeta Perticta
Griffirtaen
Yusuke
Metisette
Brythonic
Gryffine
House of Drakon
Lyirchtsars
Azul
Mnemic
Armityle
Cordon D'Anerville
Cedillo
Principe
Lurdigala
Sutherland
Godwin
Blint

Naturally, many of them are rather distant ties.

But this is why many of us call it a Saxon realm. Because, from an outsider perspective, there are about 20 families dating back to either Thulsoma or Averoth. And when you say there are only 5 "characters," that isn't very reassuring.

ICly too, those families surely date back to Saxon areas, so claiming their whole ethnic background changed seems... implausible.

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271: July 01, 2012, 11:44:49 PM »
Families with connections in Thulsoma or Averoth (not considering Nivemus, Arcachon, or Thalmarkin connections):

Chambers - Thulsoma and Averoth and Thalmarkin
Umpeta Perticta - Averoth
Griffirtaen - Averoth
Yusuke - Astrumite, No relation to either realms
Metisette - Thulsoman
Brythonic - Thulsoman
Gryffine - Averoth
House of Drakon - Astrum then Averoth
Lyirchtsars - Thulsoman / Averothian
Azul - Averoth
Mnemic - Thulsoman / Averothian
Armityle - Thulsoman
Cordon D'Anerville - Averothian
Cedillo -  Averothian
Principe - Thulsoman
Lurdigala - Thulsoman... After being an experienced player for serveral years
Sutherland - Thulsoman
Godwin - Thulsoman
Blint - Thulsoman

Updated for fact checking / clarifications

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272: July 01, 2012, 11:49:40 PM »
16 Nobles from Averoth or Thulsoma, 1 from Astrum and non of these names I reconise as being particularly influential in Aurvandil, except Blint.

On a side note, his title on his family page has the grammar all wrong.

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273: July 02, 2012, 01:04:59 AM »
Yeah, I don't know how important they all are; I'm just saying how it can appear to an outsider.

But we're not talking about SA now. So.

SA! How 'bout them stars?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274: July 02, 2012, 01:48:33 AM »
Maddening is bright tonight, with Austere superior, but dark. Sounds like a great omen for a forum flamefest!