Author Topic: Heraldry making  (Read 6956 times)

songqu88@gmail.com

Heraldry making
« Topic Start: March 09, 2011, 12:04:05 AM »
A while ago Talita (Player of the Bluelake family) showed me a website where I could build my own banners. It was nice, but I liked the freedom to photomanipulate my own designs.

Anyway, how do you guys make your banners? Also, how much attention do you pay to the rules of heraldry? Back in fifth grade I had to do this King Arthur skit that was supposed to abide by the rules of heraldry in our coats of arms, and I remember reading something about terminology and which color combos were allowed. But looking at the banners that currently exist, there is no way that all of them adhere to any rules of Medieval heraldry. Of course, that's not a bad thing, but could someone please point out which banners would actually be historically acceptable?

Edit: Since some people think I am complaining/commenting/whatever about how many banners don't follow the rules of heraldry, let me make this very, very clear. I'll even bold it for easier viewing.

I do not care that the banners in BM do not always follow rules of heraldry. I understand there may be different "rules", and I also do not care that banners in BM do not always follow any or some of those rules. I am in full support of the uniqueness of our current banners. The point of me asking about what banners you have found follow some rule of heraldry was to see which banners, if any, would be historicaly viable. I fully understand that there is no requirement for this, and that even banners that might follow some rule might not have ever seen use due to various other factors. I was simply curious about Medieval heraldry and wanted to see if anyone here was versed in it and also made banners.

Thank you for understanding. Take care.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 03:30:49 PM by Artemesia »