Author Topic: Notification for Account Locks  (Read 7266 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Notification for Account Locks
« Reply #15: October 13, 2011, 05:31:37 AM »
Who then probably C/Ps it to the realm, if not immediately then as soon as someone asks what's going on, so that the realm knows. So sending it to the ruler is essentially sending it to the realm.

He could get a notice *not* to do this along with the notice about the lock.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: October 13, 2011, 07:12:27 AM »
He could get a notice *not* to do this along with the notice about the lock.

Indeed.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: October 15, 2011, 03:13:15 AM »
So, I'm pretty sure I'm the one who flagged up those Terran boys. I'm ruler of a realm in the Colonies and noticed suspicious behaviour from three accounts, filed a titans report about it. I reckoned they were multi-accounting and there are now three locked accounts in my realm, but I've received no notification either way about what the titan ruling might have been and neither was there a realm-wide notification. The only reason I'm aware those accounts were locked is because I noticed this thread and was dimly aware that they had characters in Terran.

If it was a permanent lock, I don't really see a problem with sending a notification. I worry that it might cause people to take actions based on that OOC information, though, which has always been very strongly discouraged. i.e. banning the character, kicking him out of his estate, protesting him out of office, etc. The standard rule ha always been to just play on, and let the game take care of position removal, etc. And there are cases where accounts have been restored.

It would definitely be nice for notification at least to the folk who reports to the titans. Also, I'm afraid I've little sympathy as to what effects public revelation might cause. Right now I have three locked lords and a capital city going hungry because somebody really enjoyed running nine or so mute characters. Those characters should be automatically removed from positions immediately or otherwise paused. There is nothing more tedious than watching realm and/or regions go to !@#$ because there's nothing you can do to about a locked character.

EDIT: Also, have you any idea how badly we were struggling for nobles already? I think the least we players of such staggering integrity deserve is disclosure of locked accounts and/or better locked character handling.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 03:19:50 AM by Revan »

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: October 16, 2011, 01:18:03 AM »
It would definitely be nice for notification at least to the folk who reports to the titans. Also, I'm afraid I've little sympathy as to what effects public revelation might cause. Right now I have three locked lords and a capital city going hungry because somebody really enjoyed running nine or so mute characters. Those characters should be automatically removed from positions immediately or otherwise paused. There is nothing more tedious than watching realm and/or regions go to !@#$ because there's nothing you can do to about a locked character.

EDIT: Also, have you any idea how badly we were struggling for nobles already? I think the least we players of such staggering integrity deserve is disclosure of locked accounts and/or better locked character handling.

Indeed.

Terran lost two Senators... which has seriously changed our efforts to expand...
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: October 16, 2011, 03:24:03 AM »
So, I'm pretty sure I'm the one who flagged up those Terran boys. I'm ruler of a realm in the Colonies and noticed suspicious behaviour from three accounts, filed a titans report about it. I reckoned they were multi-accounting and there are now three locked accounts in my realm, but I've received no notification either way about what the titan ruling might have been and neither was there a realm-wide notification. The only reason I'm aware those accounts were locked is because I noticed this thread and was dimly aware that they had characters in Terran.
Normally you would get notifications when Titans cases are closed. I know that I have received them in the past. if you reported this case, and you were told that the case had been accepted, and then did not get notification that it had been acted on, then I would have to guess that it has something to do with the fact that the Titans cannot permanently lock a player's account. Only Tom can do that. And I think he has special ways to do that, and they probably don't interact with the Titans cases.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.