Author Topic: "Accusations of cheating" case verdict becoming public?  (Read 11179 times)

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
As noted in the verdict, the OOC accusations have caused damage to the reputation to Toupellon and the players in it. I therefore ask that the decision be sent to everyone on the Far East island so that those who do not check the forum, but are aware of the situation, be told the decision so that it quells any continuing discussions and doubts about whether or not the secession was organised OOC.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Something tells me it won't be long before it'll go public...

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
It should have been publicly announced in Arcachon and Cathay, the realms where David D. has characters.

Can anyone confirm if this is the case?
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
As noted in the verdict, the OOC accusations have caused damage to the reputation to Toupellon and the players in it. I therefore ask that the decision be sent to everyone on the Far East island so that those who do not check the forum, but are aware of the situation, be told the decision so that it quells any continuing discussions and doubts about whether or not the secession was organised OOC.
This case had nothing to do with whether or not Toupellon was formed via OOC agreements, or via any form of powergaming. The case was about unsupported accusations of cheationg/abuse. If any island wide announcement was made, which by the way I completely disagree with, it should clearly state that the case was about unsupported accusations of cheating/abuse. This case did not, in any way, validate that Toupellon was formed fairly, and entirely through IC means.

Having been in on the formation of Toupellon for about three or so weeks before it was actually founded, I'm convinced that it was handled IC. And for my part, with perfectly IC justification for my character's actions, and the actions of others from OW. I know little about the Cathay side, having only exchanged messages with Anatole a little over a week before the secession. So I'm not accusing Toupellon being formed OOC or anything. I'm just saying that this case did not vet Toupellon's formation. The case was just about something else.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Well, apparently there wasn't even a  notification in Arcachon, despite the fact that I checked the "public notification" box.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
This case had nothing to do with whether or not Toupellon was formed via OOC agreements, or via any form of powergaming.

So I take it that is still under investigation? Like you I was involved in it, so I know that it wasn't formed OOC. I'm fairly certain that's a lot easier to check that than it is to resolve the cheating accusations.

Some peoples' perception of Toupellon has already been changed and some people have believed the argument that it was OOCly formed. If there is an investigation on whether it was formed OOC, then I would urge rapidity so that those perceptions can be corrected/confirmed. If there isn't, then I would ask that an announcement goes out to quell doubts.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
So I take it that is still under investigation?
No. Why would it be? No one has brought forth a case against Toupellon or Anatole.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
No. Why would it be? No one has brought forth a case against Toupellon or Anatole.

Then why mention it yourself if there is no doubt about whether it was or was not formed IC?

I believe that demonstrates my point. Even people who were involved in the formation of it still have to mention that the realm was formed IC. Those who still think that there was OOC planning behind Toupellon (as they believed what David was accusing) think badly about the realm, which is unfair. But nobody is putting them right, saying "no, it was just what David was saying and he's been told off for it".

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Well, apparently there wasn't even a  notification in Arcachon, despite the fact that I checked the "public notification" box.

the report to magistrates link doesn't even exist in stable. why should they get anything at all?
firefox

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Then why mention it yourself if there is no doubt about whether it was or was not formed IC?

I believe that demonstrates my point. Even people who were involved in the formation of it still have to mention that the realm was formed IC. Those who still think that there was OOC planning behind Toupellon (as they believed what David was accusing) think badly about the realm, which is unfair. But nobody is putting them right, saying "no, it was just what David was saying and he's been told off for it".

Then do it yourself, if no one else is? The Magistrates work on summons, we aren't vigilantes that go running around the game invoking our authority to right every wrong we perceive as individuals.

To me, it was rather obvious the guy was pulling this stuff out of his ass when I read the letters, even if I have no idea of the context and am neither familiar with the player nor the continent.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Just stating my personal opinion.

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
the report to magistrates link doesn't even exist in stable. why should they get anything at all?

Then how did Anatole bring it up?

.... and how did we lock David D.'s account?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
He reported it from another island, I believe.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
yeah.. he did it via dwilight.
firefox

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Very interesting.

Well, maybe direct people to the final verdict if they mention it.