Author Topic: "Accusations of cheating" case verdict becoming public?  (Read 11226 times)

Anatole

• Freeman
    • View Profile
I have indeed reported this issue through my character Charles in Outer Tilog, in Dwilight.

That is because until this week, contacting the Titans nor the Magistrates for that matter, was not an option available to Anatole, nor Taysir (my other character in Far East). This alone was strange enough and frustrating as well, for I could not bring before the Magistrate corps the issue directly from the character I had the issue with.

The option has become available only these few last days. I cannot explain why the Titans' communication channel was not available to Anatole even if he is my oldest character in my account, but I had to bring the matter under your attention.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
I hadn't thought about it, but the Magistrates were only set up on testing, not stable.  Since Tom poked his head in on the case, I'm not worried about it, but technically the Titans were supposed to handle stable still.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
I hadn't thought about it, but the Magistrates were only set up on testing, not stable.  Since Tom poked his head in on the case, I'm not worried about it, but technically the Titans were supposed to handle stable still.

Indeed. Makes me wonder why it's possible to report like this, or why the magistrates aren't generalized to every continent.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
Indeed. Makes me wonder why it's possible to report like this, or why the magistrates aren't generalized to every continent.

It isn't and because the system is still itself in testing.
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
It isn't ...
Obviously it is. because it was.

The system for reporting is very general. It doesn't ask you the island, the realm, or any other identifying details. It just ask you for who the complaint is about, and your summary. That's it. It just assumes that you're reporting an incident on the island you're using to file the report. Probably because it doesn't make sense to go to another island to file the report.

But in this case the reporter couldn't. I think it's because both of his characters on FEI were new to their realm. And I *think* the Titans link is intentionally disabled for the first 7 days of joining a new realm. I'm pretty sure I remember hearing it was intentional. It would be hard to imagine how it was unintentionally disabled...
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Obviously it is. because it was.

The system for reporting is very general. It doesn't ask you the island, the realm, or any other identifying details. It just ask you for who the complaint is about, and your summary. That's it. It just assumes that you're reporting an incident on the island you're using to file the report. Probably because it doesn't make sense to go to another island to file the report.

But in this case the reporter couldn't. I think it's because both of his characters on FEI were new to their realm. And I *think* the Titans link is intentionally disabled for the first 7 days of joining a new realm. I'm pretty sure I remember hearing it was intentional. It would be hard to imagine how it was unintentionally disabled...

Indeed, the titans are unnaccessible. For whatever silly reason that decides that newbies shouldn't have rights and the ability to report abuses, it was done on purpose.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

bluexmas

• Knight
    • View Profile
I only just found the whole magistrates thread on the forums regarding accusations about the formation of Toupellon. Although the baseless accuser has been reprimanded, I still wanted to share how angry the fact that these OOC accusations against me (Claude Finsternis) were sent realm-wide. That is to say, VERY.
I feel that my reputation has been stained by someone full of sour grapes, even though this should have been a triumphant moment in Claude's career. Why should I be punished for taking the initiative to help found a new realm, something that certainly only adds interest to the game? It bugs me that someone would say that this was done with no roleplay or letters as if their character, who I have no idea about, should have access to everything that goes on. Every Lord in my Duchy and most of the knights knew about the plans I was making well ahead of time. If anything, I erred on the side of including too many people in my plans. All of them could (and some have on these forums) affirm that every single communication was done IC. One last point, who would possibly orchestrate a secession with no plan about who to put into the council positions? This is simply ridiculous.
I thank all of you, especially the magistrates, who have helped to clear this situation up, and I hope that you will continue to protect players who are playing this game in good faith.
The Finsternis family welcomes you.

egamma

Indeed, the titans are unnaccessible. For whatever silly reason that decides that newbies shouldn't have rights and the ability to report abuses, it was done on purpose.

It's to prevent multi's and griefers from flooding a realm with new characters and protesting out the leadership. Or overwhelming the titan with reports--not sure what good that would do, but I think it's fair enough.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Yes, there was a reason this was put in, and abusing the Titan system was one of them. We used to receive lots of complaints from people new to a realm that were nonsense, misunderstandings, people not getting the spirit of their new realm. Putting this restriction in dramatically reduced the noise in the system.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Yes, there was a reason this was put in, and abusing the Titan system was one of them. We used to receive lots of complaints from people new to a realm that were nonsense, misunderstandings, people not getting the spirit of their new realm. Putting this restriction in dramatically reduced the noise in the system.

New to the realm or new to the game?

Because I have a hard time understanding how the spirit of the realm should influence how the IRs and social contract are applied.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
New to the realm or new to the game?

Because I have a hard time understanding how the spirit of the realm should influence how the IRs and social contract are applied.

I think he meant that people would file complaints based on misunderstandings. Thus the cases would have no merit, but the Titans were still having to examine each one.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
I think he meant that people would file complaints based on misunderstandings. Thus the cases would have no merit, but the Titans were still having to examine each one.

I have to agree. If the Social Contract is violated, it will still be violated after seven days. If you have forgotten it by then... maybe it wasn't worth reporting.
After all it's a roleplaying game.