Author Topic: Family link on userdata page  (Read 4272 times)

acrandal

• Freeman
    • View Profile
Family link on userdata page
« Topic Start: October 17, 2011, 07:23:10 PM »
Hopefully a small request about a useful link.

Every so often I try to look at my family page.  Unless there's a shortcut that I'm just overlooking it would be nice to get to it easily.  For example, I currently login as one of my characters, go to the realm's characters list and click on my family page.  It's a bit involved to get to my own data.

What I would really like is a change to the /userdata.php page.  The page lists your family name right in the middle like this:

The [family name] family, originally from [region of origin] ([continent of origin]), has a fame of [fame points] and family wealth of [never enough] gold.

Where is says [family name], could that be made into a link to take you directly to the family's page?

/UserDetails.php?ID=[your userid]

I consider this low priority, but it's bugged me for years and I just had to put it in the queue.

Thank you for your consideration.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Family link on userdata page
« Reply #1: October 17, 2011, 07:30:37 PM »
You can also click on Edit Data > View to get to your family page. That's probably a little faster.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: October 17, 2011, 08:22:58 PM »
bookmark the stupid page is what i do..
firefox

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: October 18, 2011, 10:27:00 AM »
My row of bookmarks is already full, and clicking Edit and Preview indeed feels kind of irrational.

Shenron

• Noble Lord
  • Come and play people ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: October 18, 2011, 11:16:56 AM »
How often do you guys check that page anyway? I might look at it like once a month or something.
My language: (Apologies for any confusion this results in.)
Awesome = Ossim
Tom = Tarm

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: October 18, 2011, 02:59:11 PM »
Often. It's becoming an habit at times. I check it without even wanting to look at it :-[

acrandal

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: October 18, 2011, 06:28:01 PM »
On a related note, what's the fastest way to figure out someone's title(s)?

Right now I traverse to their family page, but is there a faster way?  It comes up when I'm trying to address a region lord I'm not very familiar with.  I still check the region page and the realm hierarchy pages, but neither one lists the official title of the character, nor has a link directly to their family page.  It's especially fun when I have to look up someone from another realm who is in the government to get their title correct.  Rarely is it just "Banker so-and-so" anymore.

egamma

« Reply #7: October 18, 2011, 06:37:53 PM »

Right now I traverse to their family page, but is there a faster way?  It comes up when I'm trying to address a region lord I'm not very familiar with.  I still check the region page and the realm hierarchy pages, but neither one lists the official title of the character, nor has a link directly to their family page.  It's especially fun when I have to look up someone from another realm who is in the government to get their title correct.  Rarely is it just "Banker so-and-so" anymore.

If you're addressing just them, (say by clicking the "message the region lord" button) then it will give you all their titles above the message box.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: October 18, 2011, 07:09:34 PM »

I believe in your contact list appears all their titles.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: October 18, 2011, 07:25:51 PM »
The "Contact List" shows only names.

On the message page, go to "some" members of your realm/religion/etc. That list shows all their realm titles.  If they are not in your realm or any common guild/religion, then you'll have to use the island wide character list and go to their family page, and guess.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: October 18, 2011, 07:28:35 PM »
The "Contact List" shows only names.

That's just not true.  I checked.  If you go to "send a message to one of your contacts" it lists all the titles of the people there.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: October 18, 2011, 07:31:00 PM »
Oh, that's cool. Just like sending to "some" nobles in the regular message list.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.