Author Topic: How many Canadians do we have?  (Read 36499 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: How many Canadians do we have?
« Reply #30: October 25, 2011, 06:53:36 AM »
Quebec was a nice place to visit. It really felt different from the rest of Canada. My family visited Victoria with a car from Manitoba and there was literally nothing interesting on the way. But Toronto - Montreal - Quebec had nice views.

We don't use the expression "RoC" (Rest of Canada) all the time for nothing! ;)

I'm not sure which road you took, but the best views, imo, are off the highways (100km/h) roads and on the provincial (50-90km/h) roads. Granted, it depends on which one and how much of a detour you are willing to take, though. The "Chemin du Roy" between Montreal and Québec is nice, but long as hell. The southern road to bypass Montreal (QC 132) and the one along the Ottawa river (QC 148 and QC 344) are among my favorite so far. I haven't been east of Québec in a very long time, though, so I can't comment much on these corners, though I know it's beautiful. As for the 344 westwards from Oka, it'll be ugly when you enter the indian reserve and all there is are cigarette stands, but once you pass that the landscape is stunningly beautiful. Then, when you get on the 148, you can see the gorgeous Ottawa river almost all of the times, along with the farmlands and quaint towns. On the 132, it's a similar landscape, except the towns are much bigger (though still small), and the views of the Saint-Lawrence are somewhat rarer.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron