Author Topic: Have you annoyed lot of characters on this island? How you done it?  (Read 22216 times)

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
My adventurer character has destroyed a lot of Unique Items entrusted by the nobles in his realm. End up result, he being beaten up by noble and left on the roadside. :P Got into jail couple of times after being caught. Not really an issue for me, sometime when the noble entrusted the Unique Item to me, the percentage of damage is so high and my adventurer lacking certain item to repair it  :-[

Finally faced with execution to his head, by medieval ways of beheading someone head for a crime, my adventurer has to find ways to rise up to become a noble  8)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
trade comon items has become immposible as nobody seems to care about it (atelast on the EC), so is stoped playing my advy.
But i geuss steeling and the such is the most fun thing to do! cheers on you!

PS i tried to steal the King of Caligus his ring and sell it to the ibbies, but i approached the wrong government member who apparently was too stupid.
No way would my character risk his life for 20 gold or so.
A shame because it was a very prestigious item and a big tease to carry in battles against Caligus.
Everytime shouting at the caligans: " Your King is robed by a bloody peasant we hired! what king gets robed by a peasant?"
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
That's kind of bad :P Imho it falls outside of IC behavior, and is rather an OOC scam. (?) As such, the action of "stealing a King's item" becomes rather pointless...

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
That's kind of bad :P Imho it falls outside of IC behavior, and is rather an OOC scam. (?) As such, the action of "stealing a King's item" becomes rather pointless...

I know it's bad, Davis IS bad :P
How does that fall outside IC behaviour?
It's perfect, a peasant robing a King, how entertaining!

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Hmm, my Adventurer did the same. Sold an unique item with a recommendation, got another unique item to repair in return, ran to another Realm and sold the almost-destroyed unique item to some other Noble for a recommendation, then sneaked off and proved his Nobility with his recommendations. Never got caught for that one, surprisingly.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Stories like this are why none of my characters bothers with unique items.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
Stories like this are why none of my characters bothers with unique items.

Yeah.

@Nosferatus: those actions wouln't exactly get you a trust medal, would they? Now if you asked me if I wanted my character to get robbed, I'd even agree for the fun of it :P

Though what I stated above doesn't mean I think the behavior should be punished. Just don't complain when I'll 'discriminate' another character of yours, knowing this :)

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
The whole setup seems to me to allow the commoner to run away. If Nobles don't take action against that, those peasants will get ideas. You need to do your role as a Noble and enact some guidance. ;) IC betrayal has nothing to do with Trust Medals. What's told here is OOC. It shouldn't have reactions IC.

Plenty of very loyal adventurers out there anyway. And if one does betray you, just make sure to make a good example out of him!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 04:04:40 PM by Telrunya »

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Yeah.

@Nosferatus: those actions wouln't exactly get you a trust medal, would they? Now if you asked me if I wanted my character to get robbed, I'd even agree for the fun of it :P

Though what I stated above doesn't mean I think the behavior should be punished. Just don't complain when I'll 'discriminate' another character of yours, knowing this :)

I didn't get the joke.
or are you serious for realz?  ???

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
The whole setup seems to me to allow the commoner to run away.
To a certain extent, yes, I agree.

If Nobles don't take action against that, those peasants will get ideas. You need to do your role as a Noble and enact some guidance. ;)
And I agree with this, too.

However, the reality is that an advy who betrays a noble is almost guaranteed to get away with it, and with no consequences. Nobles are basically powerless to do anything about it, unless the advy happens to be in the same realm, and stupid enough to stay in the same realm.

IC betrayal has nothing to do with Trust Medals. What's told here is OOC. It shouldn't have reactions IC.
Oh, believe me, I've had plenty of IC interactions with advies. I've had advies walk off with items and never come back. Some have gone to other realms, some just disappeared, some just plain deleted or even got killed.

Plenty of very loyal adventurers out there anyway.
Yep. There are.

And if one does betray you, just make sure to make a good example out of him!
See above.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I disagree with that indirik.
If any commoner starts stealing from any King, any noble should make sure that commoner gets punished or more commoners will try this.
The whole thing about ruling peasants and advies is to make them fear you, to make them feel they would have no where to hide from the nobility wrath.
If they don't fear you, you can never trust them.

It also tells nobles not to trust just any commoner, especially if your the King.
How to get a trusted commoner? figure it out, there many ways.
A guild or a religion could be useful.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
I disagree with that indirik.
If any commoner starts stealing from any King, any noble should make sure that commoner gets punished or more commoners will try this.
The whole thing about ruling peasants and advies is to make them fear you, to make them feel they would have no where to hide from the nobility wrath.
If they don't fear you, you can never trust them.

Indirik's not saying you shouldn't punish advies for stepping out of line.

He's saying it's frequently impossible.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Indirik's not saying you shouldn't punish advies for stepping out of line.

He's saying it's frequently impossible.

Yes but i am saying it IS possible if most realms would work together to fight this treat to nobility.
If one realm punishes this kind of behavior and the other not, you will get a mayhem, the nobility should never allow such disgrace to there class, friends or foes.

I am also saying not to trust just any commoner, in order to prevent theft.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Yes but i am saying it IS possible if most realms would work together to fight this treat to nobility.

But they don't, and won't.

Denying reality won't change that reality.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
But they don't, and won't.

Denying reality won't change that reality.

I simply don't know if they would or would not.
If they don't then huray for the thiefs, thats all.