Author Topic: Have you annoyed lot of characters on this island? How you done it?  (Read 22192 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
If any commoner starts stealing from any King, any noble should make sure that commoner gets punished or more commoners will try this.
"should make sure" does not equate to "will make sure". There are many, many players who would rather have their character laugh at the king for losing his shiny bauble to a commoner, than to have that commoner arrested, then have the judge sacrifice his H/P to take the item away, then give it to another commoner to have it delivered back to the enemy king.

Let's ask the question this way:
Have you ever successfully pursued and punished an advy for stealing a unique item from one of your characters? Note that your story must include the advy being pursued to a non-allied realm, where the final resolution involved the advy's execution and/or recovery of the lost item.

How to get a trusted commoner? figure it out, there many ways.
A guild or a religion could be useful.
Really? Wow... who would have ever thought there were ways that you could find a trusted commoner? And using a guild or religion to find one? Damn! Why didn't I ever think of that?   :-[
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Zakilevo

I thought it was impossible to capture an advy with a noble? Advies move away too quickly. :P

I just capture any advy I find in regions I visit. Not the ones from my realm though. But from other realms, I just throw them in jail.

Does a unique item make much difference in a battle?

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile

Let's ask the question this way:
Have you ever successfully pursued and punished an advy for stealing a unique item from one of your characters? Note that your story must include the advy being pursued to a non-allied realm, where the final resolution involved the advy's execution and/or recovery of the lost item.

None of my characters ever BEEN robbed, contradicting to yours ;)
But i get your point, the EC seem to not care and your quite frustrated about it.
My characters would perhaps also not get revenge, but it will sure become a hell of a feud, Abbot, Shae or Davis would perhaps try to kill everyone even standing in the way or not cooperating.
Leading to either the death of that thief or my character it self.

I did beat up and arrest lots of advies though.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Indirik's not saying you shouldn't punish advies for stepping out of line.

He's saying it's frequently impossible.

And usually more embarrassing to the noble than what it's worth.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
But they don't, and won't.

Yeah, they do and have.  I can think of two incidents off the top of my head, one on the Far East and one on Atamara.  In both cases, an adventurer did something (can't remember what it was, something like taunting a noble) and every realm on the island agreed to hunt them down.  The Atamaran one got executed by...The CE, I think?  When he had initially offended in Caergoth and then later Carelia, both of whom were at war with the CE.  Don't recall what happened on the FEI one, but every Ruler within a week had agreed to issue kill-on-sight orders.

Admittedly, that's not the same as simply being robbed, but it's really not that hard to manufacture appropriate evidence.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Yeah, they do and have.

Well, sure; some do, and some always will.  But unless every feasible exit route for the advy is a realm that will gladly pick him up and execute him for you, many advies will be able to get away with such behaviour.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
Well, sure; some do, and some always will.  But unless every feasible exit route for the advy is a realm that will gladly pick him up and execute him for you, many advies will be able to get away with such behaviour.

So you send an army to arrest the advy.  The other realm doesn't like it?  Well, there's a nice war for you.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
My advy got arrested in the far east. I'm still not sure exactly what he was arrested for.

To set the scene:

I was repairing an item for a duchess. It was quite difficult, and then the duchess offered a rather small amount to him. He decided to run across the border.

I then sent an rp out in the region, saying that I had an item to sell. A knight in the region then randomly arrested me. I sincerely doubt that they had any idea yet that I was holding a stolen item. Perhaps just on principle that a commoner shouldn't be having relics?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
I then sent an rp out in the region, saying that I had an item to sell. A knight in the region then randomly arrested me. I sincerely doubt that they had any idea yet that I was holding a stolen item. Perhaps just on principle that a commoner shouldn't be having relics?

At least as likely, it was just on principle that any commoner talking without first being addressed should be arrested.

Or even that any commoner he notices should be arrested.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
But i get your point, the EC seem to not care and your quite frustrated about it.
Umm,.. no? This is not an island-specific problem. It's a general game-wide issue. If some advy makes off with an item from you, you can't just quickly punish him. Especially if that advy then finds a safe have in some other realm. Specifically a realm you're already at war with. There's plenty of realms that would give an advy shelter if that advy somehow contrived to embarrass the enemy ruler. And it's just too easy for an advy to disappear.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
It's kind of stupid to denounce advies and say that they're irrelevant, and then start a war over one. Now that would be embarrasing!

When an advy steals your item, you need to punish him yourself. Sharing the story with more than your direct peers would do more harm than good

Thunthorn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
trade comon items has become immposible as nobody seems to care about it (atelast on the EC), so is stoped playing my advy.
But i geuss steeling and the such is the most fun thing to do! cheers on you!

PS i tried to steal the King of Caligus his ring and sell it to the ibbies, but i approached the wrong government member who apparently was too stupid.
No way would my character risk his life for 20 gold or so.
A shame because it was a very prestigious item and a big tease to carry in battles against Caligus.
Everytime shouting at the caligans: " Your King is robed by a bloody peasant we hired! what king gets robed by a peasant?"

The nobility of Ibladesh has certainly become more tightfisted since I ran my adventurer there. He never got anything less than 100 gold for an item...
EC: Ilias, Taelmoth (Sirion)
Beluaterra: Ivagil (Melhed), Thoron (Adventurer, Fronen)
Atamara: Haniel (Adventurer, Coria)

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Speaking of trade common items, indeed it is hard to find an adventurer that willing and trusted to exchange common items with you. Even within own realm, the adventurer has either inactive or moved to far away regions for you to be at same region to do the item trade.

I think I annoyed too many realmmates with my advy. When my advy finally became a noble, he was questioned on 2 things.

1) His nobility is questioned.

2) Even though he has been in the realm for more than 1000 days and he has the same right like Noble to participate in the one of the democracy realm, assembly of some sort.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
My advy got arrested in the far east. I'm still not sure exactly what he was arrested for.

To set the scene:

I was repairing an item for a duchess. It was quite difficult, and then the duchess offered a rather small amount to him. He decided to run across the border.

If the Duchess you stole from was Arcaean, then it was widely known that you had stolen the item, and the Judge of the realm you ran to agreed to have you captured and retrieve the item for the Duchess, even though we were at war with the realm :)
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile

2) Even though he has been in the realm for more than 1000 days and he has the same right like Noble to participate in the one of the democracy realm, assembly of some sort.

What?! are those nobles drunk? a democratic assembly that treats nobles and commoners as equals?
so your ruler will ask in this assembly to a bunch of peasants how to rule his realm?

Concerning item trade, the devs are working on making trade easier, though they said it is put below on the todo list.
Which made me decide to stop playing my character as adventurer.
because there is actually no trade going on, how you hard you try.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 08:48:34 AM by Nosferatus »
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog