Author Topic: Have you annoyed lot of characters on this island? How you done it?  (Read 22219 times)

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Well, I meant D'Hara could have tried to get you executed. I was just joking when I said you were let off easy, didn't really mean it :) Your adventurer had no luck in D'Hara, and D'Hara had little reason to care for him.

I don't know much about the arrest, I'll admit. I only know the adventurer ended up in our Dungeons. If he was a Lord, he might have just followed up on a suggestion or two to teach him a lesson.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 05:14:26 PM by Telrunya »

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
Umm,.. no? This is not an island-specific problem. It's a general game-wide issue. If some advy makes off with an item from you, you can't just quickly punish him. Especially if that advy then finds a safe have in some other realm. Specifically a realm you're already at war with. There's plenty of realms that would give an advy shelter if that advy somehow contrived to embarrass the enemy ruler. And it's just too easy for an advy to disappear.

Adventurers are grubby nobodys with no estates and no public profile. Why should it be easy to track them down at all in a world without 24-hour news networks? Putting up a bulletin about the scruffy-looking nerf-herder who stole your magic ring is only going to turn him into a folk hero, so just keep in mind who you're giving your baubles to, eat the risk and don't complain when some faceless drifter disappears with your stuff. Nobles have better things to do than try to chase stray dogs through the streets.
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
trade comon items has become immposible as nobody seems to care about it (atelast on the EC), so is stoped playing my advy.
But i geuss steeling and the such is the most fun thing to do! cheers on you!

PS i tried to steal the King of Caligus his ring and sell it to the ibbies, but i approached the wrong government member who apparently was too stupid.
No way would my character risk his life for 20 gold or so.
A shame because it was a very prestigious item and a big tease to carry in battles against Caligus.
Everytime shouting at the caligans: " Your King is robed by a bloody peasant we hired! what king gets robed by a peasant?"
King robbed by a peasant eh? Unless there is a strong realm willing to shelter the peasant, this peasant will be shoot on sight  ;D No wonder King of Caligus is mad nowadays  :P

Adventurers are grubby nobodys with no estates and no public profile. Why should it be easy to track them down at all in a world without 24-hour news networks? Putting up a bulletin about the scruffy-looking nerf-herder who stole your magic ring is only going to turn him into a folk hero, so just keep in mind who you're giving your baubles to, eat the risk and don't complain when some faceless drifter disappears with your stuff. Nobles have better things to do than try to chase stray dogs through the streets.
That is so rightly said  :) Adventurer sleep on floor, tent which have hole and water coming down when raining. Nobles do not sleep on floor and tent with hole. Noble not suppose to be chasing adventurer since they have better things to do like follow army to war, and much more. Judge can even execute adventurer without anybody crying about it.

Thanks.
Wait, what did i do? :P
You brought a smile to someone face with the game development update :D
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Adventurers are grubby nobodys with no estates and no public profile.
While scoffing and attempting to sound dismissive, you have really proved my point. Advies can't really be tracked down and punished for what they do, unless the advy is being an complete idiot.

Nobles have better things to do than try to chase stray dogs through the streets.
Nobles have nothing better to do than be ruthless, vindictive, and petty when it comes to avenging personal insult. This is doubly true when the offender is a filthy commoner. Advies should fear for their lives when double-crossing a noble.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
Kind of hard to scare an illiterate dude that lives in a tent in the woods and fights packs of werewolves and zombies every day with vague concepts like bureaucracy. My point was that it should be hard, or nearly impossible, to catch an adventurer. Nobles usually only deal with them through proxies, and they only get a first name typically unless the adventurer in question is really, really proud of his bastard heritage. So they've never seen them with their own two eyes, typically.

If that was the point you were trying to make, then I misunderstood and we're in total agreement.
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

loren

• Noble Lord
  • I'm too old for this
    • View Profile
My adventurer character has destroyed a lot of Unique Items entrusted by the nobles in his realm. End up result, he being beaten up by noble and left on the roadside. :P Got into jail couple of times after being caught. Not really an issue for me, sometime when the noble entrusted the Unique Item to me, the percentage of damage is so high and my adventurer lacking certain item to repair it  :-[

Finally faced with execution to his head, by medieval ways of beheading someone head for a crime, my adventurer has to find ways to rise up to become a noble  8)

Oh lets see.  I've tortured a lot of people, I've led a civil war, I've started a war by roleplaying an assassination that never actually occurred in Ibladesh.  I've sent a daughter to a nominally enemy realm, I've organized or been party to several plots for rebellion, I've blatantly lied about someone being tracked to an underground meeting (but they were plotting something I swear).  Generally I've been kind of chaotic neutral which generally pisses both sides off.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
While scoffing and attempting to sound dismissive, you have really proved my point. Advies can't really be tracked down and punished for what they do, unless the advy is being an complete idiot.
Nobles have nothing better to do than be ruthless, vindictive, and petty when it comes to avenging personal insult. This is doubly true when the offender is a filthy commoner. Advies should fear for their lives when double-crossing a noble.
Advies most usually can be found in their own realm land where they belong. They travel quite fast from a region to a region compared to a noble, so you are right that nobles can't really track down advies  :P

Oh lets see.  I've tortured a lot of people, I've led a civil war, I've started a war by roleplaying an assassination that never actually occurred in Ibladesh.  I've sent a daughter to a nominally enemy realm, I've organized or been party to several plots for rebellion, I've blatantly lied about someone being tracked to an underground meeting (but they were plotting something I swear).  Generally I've been kind of chaotic neutral which generally pisses both sides off.
Are you trying to ransom or pledge your family daughter character to the enemy realm? Sound interesting and quite a bit of fun you have there  ;D
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)