Author Topic: New General elected by realm they are at war with.  (Read 4780 times)

ChrisDDickey

• Peasant
    • View Profile
Funny story. This just happened in the last day or two. Looks like nobody described it here yet, so I will, but I am just an amused bystander.

On Dwlight, the Aegir Duchy seceded from Morek and formed the realm of Entia. When it seceded it took all of it's regions with it, including the Mark. Entia started to setup as a new realm, including holding elections for a new OrderMarshell (General). Gustov, a noble of the Mark put his hat in the ring for that election. Entia declared war on Morek. The Mark then rejoined Morek which transfered all the nobles of the Mark (including Gustov) back to Morek.

Gustov made a few public comments as to how he was thinking about remaining neutral in the civil war, before finally publicly declaring that he would fight on Morek's side.

The election in Entia ended, and Gustov won the election for Ordermarshell.
One assumes that a declaration was issued saying that Gustov had won the election for Ordermarshell in his realm, and that the bureaucrats in Morek did not look to closely as to who's seal was on the declaration, because they promptly stripped the old Morek Ordermarshell of his title and awarded it to Gustov.

Gustov, having been elected by the nobles of Entai, was made Ordermarshell of Morek, their enemies.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Heh. You should report that to the Bugtracker if you haven't done so already (This is the War Islands section), but it is kind of amusing to see :)

Gustav Kuriga

Yeah, I was just reading through my messages, when it says I have become Ordermarshal. I was like "That's interesting... I wonder how it will play out." Of course, my character is clueless as to how he won an election that he had not entered for that realm. So other characters start accusing him of being corrupt, even though I play my character as a solid and dependable soldier who wouldn't know the first thing about being corrupt if he tried.

Eventually he steps down, not being very ambitious.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Eventually he steps down, not being very ambitious.

Don't do that! Become stodgy and grumpy, be insulted and slighted!
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Heh. You should report that to the Bugtracker if you haven't done so already (This is the War Islands section), but it is kind of amusing to see :)

The bug that allowed this should now be fixed.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Gustav Kuriga

And thus did Gustav Kuriga unwittingly fix a bug that could have been exploited. Perhaps I should roleplay him hearing a strange voice named Tom patting him on the back (figuratively).

Gloria

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
And thus did Gustav Kuriga unwittingly fix a bug that could have been exploited. Perhaps I should roleplay him hearing a strange voice named Tom patting him on the back (figuratively).

Don't do that!
Thank your own gods, but don't mention Tom.  Tomism is forbidden.

Gustav Kuriga

Fine, I'll just call it "He who shall not be named-ism"... wait, that's Voldemort. Crap.

Gloria

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Call it He who must be obeyed-ism