Author Topic: Character Alignments  (Read 15029 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Character Alignments
« Reply #15: March 09, 2011, 09:56:44 PM »
Isn't Vesna Valentine chaotic evil anyway? Maybe neutral evil or something. He tried to use daimons to get revenge or something on Madina.  :o A bit strange...but eh, what can you do about that.

Yes. He is basically evil, dunno whether lawful or chaotic. And yes, he does have a bad habit of trying to get revenge on people, and failing.

Though he did steal, what, 1800 gold from the Zuma?
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #16: March 09, 2011, 09:58:55 PM »
Yes. He is basically evil, dunno whether lawful or chaotic. And yes, he does have a bad habit of trying to get revenge on people, and failing.

Though he did steal, what, 1800 gold from the Zuma?

He stole some more after he got banned, but that's about right. He supposedly gave it to Terran though to fight Madina or something. Hm, wait a minute...Vellos is that dude in Terran...hmmm...

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: March 09, 2011, 09:59:22 PM »
He is basically evil, dunno whether lawful or chaotic.

And paranoid. Don't forget extremely paranoid.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: March 09, 2011, 10:39:18 PM »
And paranoid. Don't forget extremely paranoid.

And megalomaniac. Don't forget the ego.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: March 10, 2011, 09:04:51 PM »
He stole some more after he got banned, but that's about right. He supposedly gave it to Terran though to fight Madina or something. Hm, wait a minute...Vellos is that dude in Terran...hmmm...

No, he did not give it to Terran. We told him not to give it to us because we knew it would cause problems with the Zuma. So he dumped it in the Dwilight Trade Company, and it has been slowly taxed into oblivion. Admittedly, taxed within Terranian jurisdiction: but it was so much gold that even I, as an elder, had no way of retrieving it all.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Longmane

• Noble Lord
  • Longmane Family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: March 10, 2011, 11:13:55 PM »
Elk is lawful good....overly so at times according to his uncle, and while perhaps perceived as rather staid and obsessed with duty by those who don't know him, he's exactly the opposite with friends and good companions.

The only "demons" you could describe him as having, (apart from being saddled with Tor as his uncle) are those caused when his strict code of chivalry sometimes collides with his likewise strict sense of duty.

Tor is neutral good (but with a tendency for a lapse into neutral very very occasionally.)

He started became rather "Conan the barbarianish" in nature almost straight after I created him somwhow or other, and to this day don't know how it happened  ???   
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.  "Albert Einstein"

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #21: March 11, 2011, 01:19:15 AM »
Could the OP or someone clarify what the possible ones are? :D
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: March 11, 2011, 01:22:24 AM »
Could the OP or someone clarify what the possible ones are? :D

Well, standard D&D spectrum is a two-dimensional axis, with one axis being Good-Neutral-Evil and the other being Lawful-Neutral-Chaotic.  But, that's an abstraction of a variety of things, and more full explanations are welcomed.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #24: March 11, 2011, 01:26:33 AM »
http://easydamus.com/alignment.html

They also have a quiz to test your alignment. Yay!

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #25: March 11, 2011, 01:48:43 AM »
Looks great, thanks guys!  I'll read those through sometimes, though I bet all my chars fit into one. :(  I have to be more creative...
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Heq

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: March 11, 2011, 04:50:05 AM »
Ciann is Lawful Evil (really more lawful then evil though)

Widden is True Neutral

Solips is Chaotic Neutral

Gog is Chaotic Evil

Ender

• Noble Lord
  • Neill Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: March 12, 2011, 04:25:31 AM »
I'd say Ender is certainly Chaotic Evil at this point. Cid, according to the wikipedia descriptions of alignments, was probably Chaotic Neutral most of the time due to his willingness to do what he believed was right against previously established laws or rules.

Weland for the most part was probably Lawful Good and I'd say I usually play Corin as Neutral Good. Edmund is probably Lawful Good right now, though I dont think I've played him long enough to really get a feel for what I want out of him. His wife, Letta, is certainly Lawful Good.

egamma

« Reply #28: March 12, 2011, 06:05:25 AM »
Gellin is Lawful Good
Gill is Lawful Good
Gornak is Chaotic Neutral (trader, out for the money)
Gundelle is lawful neutral, I haven't done much for her--she's my fighters, so she follows orders. I initially wanted her to become my first judge character, but it doesn't seem like she'll have that chance in Darka anytime soon.

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: March 12, 2011, 09:38:16 AM »
Relkin has been either Lawful Neutral or Lawful Good. 
Yorick is Neutral Good. Almost had him turn evil but didn't have the time to do the necessary roleplay to flesh it out. But, hes a bit fragile, if he lives til the next invasion on Beluaterra he might fall apart and bacome evil.
Roxas is Chaotic Good.