Author Topic: Concepts  (Read 24853 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Concepts
« Topic Start: October 20, 2011, 10:11:23 PM »
What would be ideal—though I don't know if it's practical—would be a way for the game to keep track of when each person is currently located, so as to make sure that only people who are reasonably in sync can RP together.  This would have to have a time and a current-time-resolution—because in fast-paced magical battles, you need to be able to keep track of minutes or even seconds, and someone who's in the middle of a battle at Time X by the docks shouldn't be able to break away and run to a battle at Time X-2 minutes at the palace.  On the other hand, if you're sleeping or traveling for hours, someone else who's in the same general vicinity should be able to meet up with you and start interacting, even if they didn't happen to be at the same second as you beforehand.

Not sure exactly how to implement this; like I said, this is sort of an "I wish it could be this way" sort of thing.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan