Author Topic: Looting Error Reappeared?  (Read 1963 times)

Stue (DC)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Looting Error Reappeared?
« Topic Start: October 24, 2011, 05:47:23 PM »
On Dwilight again the same story, looting in one region worked two turns, than "fatal error" reappeared, the same as before.

What I do not know is whether "fixed" in BugTracker) means it is fixed instantly or game update needs to be waited for.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Looting Error Reappeared?
« Reply #1: October 24, 2011, 06:14:56 PM »
a "Fixed" status on the bug tracker means that the devs believe they have located and fixed the bug. However, the code will not be live on the servers until the next code update.

When the devs fixed a bug, you will usually see a note such as "Fixed in rev 1234" or just "r1234". This is the code revision in which the bug was fixed. You can compare that to the rev level of the live code, by comparing to the version number shown on the login page: "Current revision: 5689M". If the revision level on the server is higher than the revision level noted on the bug tracker, then that fix should be live.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #2: October 24, 2011, 10:52:54 PM »
On Dwilight again the same story, looting in one region worked two turns, than "fatal error" reappeared, the same as before.

Even if it's the same, can you please post it? We're glad about any time we can save looking stuff up.

Stue (DC)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: October 25, 2011, 08:24:18 PM »
Every day I try one or two time per three hours (which is less than 8 we receive).

Today it works fine again, all as it should... If I had chance, I would try tomorrow and post it if trouble reappears.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: October 25, 2011, 10:37:19 PM »
Fixed in rev. 5693. <--- looks like fix not live?
firefox