Author Topic: GMs and Tom are not on the same page  (Read 12005 times)

loren

• Noble Lord
  • I'm too old for this
    • View Profile
Re: GMs and Tom are not on the same page
« Topic Start: October 23, 2011, 07:41:51 PM »

That's absurd. An animated corpse doesn't just appear from nowhere: that's what makes them terrible and horrifying things.
[/quote]

Precisely, an already dead corpse reanimated is control/death.  If there are no dead bodies around you can try create/death, which has had some ideas that simply summoning would then require a control spell to actually use them.  Though personally I oppose such an interpretation.  Absurd doesn't mean impossible with magic.

If the necromancer archetype is meant to be a playable thing, either the Death base must cover what has already been rejected or the Mind base must serve as a replacement for whatever bizarre reason. To require the use of both makes the archetype an interesting-but-unplayable idea.

Pardon?  If you're trying to bring back the person that'd be mind, if you just want to make it look like the person that'd be control.  A necromancer inherently follows to rules.  One they control the undead, and two they can commune with the spirits of the dead in some fashion.  If you're arguing that the two facets should be covered by one base that's one thing.  However, I'm not the one handing down some judgement on it.  That was something that Tom had said.